Taric

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ziliphade

07-14-2012

Is Taric still a good support? ive heard a lot of people say he falls off horribely late game

Fluffyknowsyou

07-14-2012

Any support falls off late game,but taric kinda does. He shines most when your ad carry can farm while pushed right up to the enemy turret and still avoid jungle ganks.

Ziliphade

07-14-2012

Would you say the stun alone makes him worth picking?

Yusunam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-14-2012

early game he helps a lot your ad carry to farm and get kills but as expected late game he don't do worth like other supports, by the way at this point you could already won the game, if your ad carry played correctly

Fluffyknowsyou

07-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziliphade View Post
Would you say the stun alone makes him worth picking?
I would pick taric under these conditions

1. Short range carry like corki is on the enemy team
2. Heavy ad enemy team like ad top and jungle since taric is a walking buff
3. If your carry is bursty like trist or vayne who can stun on the wall

Ziliphade

07-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffyknowsyou View Post
I would pick taric under these conditions

1. Short range carry like corki is on the enemy team
2. Heavy ad enemy team like ad top and jungle since taric is a walking buff
3. If your carry is bursty like trist or vayne who can stun on the wall
Okay thanks for the advice, just wanted to see if trying to play him was worth the effort

Fluffyknowsyou

07-14-2012

Well in all honesty, any support is worth playing if you're serious about learning how to. It just depends on what type of game.(Normal or ranked)

Ziliphade

07-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffyknowsyou View Post
Well in all honesty, any support is worth playing if you're serious about learning how to. It just depends on what type of game.(Normal or ranked)
How do they differ?

Axiom Prime

07-15-2012

I actually really like Taric, in team fights he can be quite amazing, a stun to take a carry out for a little bit, Shatter which I believe still reduces enemy armor and his ult which boosts the effectiveness of everyone in the fight. Basically E<W<R in any team fight and your almost guarantee'd the win. Everyone's damage goes up, Enemy Armor goes down and you've just shut out there primary carry or a heavy cc'er for a a a little bit. Only Soraka has that much ability to affect a teamfight so profoundly. Not to mention all the Auras you should be using on him. Toss an Aegis, Shurelya's and Randuins and you have an amazing teamfight supporter.

The same applies for laning, his combo can devestate your opponents carry as long as your carry knows what he's doing and you have good communication.

His only real disadvantage is the weak heal and being a bit mana hungry. But if you know how to farm you can easily get a bit of mana back without stealing CS from the Carry, just constantly tag minions around you never focusing on one for more than 2 hits. His weak AD prevents you from really pushing the lane and gives you mana back at the same time. Other than that ask the Carry to pack Heal and you take Clarity. Then the mana issue is solved, he can run Heal Ignite and you can run Clarity Exhaust. Unless you are really worried about getting ganked then just run Flash Clarity.

Fluffyknowsyou

07-15-2012

@Vargus: His debuff on his W only helps ad champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziliphade View Post
How do they differ?
I'm not sure how explain this because there are too many supports to talk about.In general:

Alistar: He's used wrong as a walking heal. He works amazingly when diving(with his ult) with an hp advantage and helping jungle set up ganks. There's subtle gameplay that comes into play with ali. Some newb players like me work to only land the flash Q with a w for the knock back into my team,but good ali's can make used of the headbutt into walls and still stun their target.

Blitz: Most players know a good blitz grab makes fights 4 vs 5 or makes an insta kill in bot lane,but in reality starting with q is bad.If you always start with your grab, semi good players will expect it and always dodge it under norm circumstances. There are subtle ways you can start with your E if you have good positioning or if you're crazy you can flash ult into E. Then clutch a Q when they flash away.

This is only a shallow overview of how I understand these two champions. As you can see, there's more to it than being a mule ward, walking ambulance, or a sacrificial lamb.

Supports win lanes
Carries win games

This is why taric owns hard early,but he fails late. Compared to some of the higher tiered supports,all he brings to a fight are a few auras and a stun