Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Stop calling Darius OP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nea De Penserhir

09-07-2012

Knockbacks. Darius has been invalidated for the team fight as his team dies because a REAL fighter does his job better.

Phunya

09-28-2012

UBER HINT: Darius has a lack-luster movement speed and his grab has a very unforgiving cd, if you find that you're in a draft pick, counter pick with a ranged champion or someone who could otherwise, kite him (Vladimir, GP [Q +Passive], Rumble, etc). If you're stuck with someone that must fight on his grounds or rather close (Riven, Udyr, Malphite, and the like), play against his strengths, since his E allows armor pen %, prioritize HP instead of armor, Try to get in close so his bonus from his Q doesn't proc, shield, and do some major trades (Riven can start with closing the gap with E while stunning W, getting an auto attack, and running away with Q for an easy poke, Malphite can trade with ground slam). Or as his definition implies, he is a bully, don't play his game, he focuses on kills during the laning phase so that he has an advantage late game, if you just farm in the lane with him or coordinate with your jungler, you'll see that he can be taken down, just like any other bruiser/bully.

Valohtar

09-28-2012

I think the perception that he's OP stems from experiences in games where his team has a lot of damage output. Darius can just build heavy tank items to survive and put stacks on you while his team dishes out tons of damage, then Darius comes in with his stacked ult and executes your team one by one. In cases like this, the team needs to stop focusing Darius and kill the real damage dealers before anyone on the team gets critically low.

Valcurdra

09-28-2012

Quote:
MyPrettyPwny:
He doesn't have any sustain, and I suppose you could use an AP top to outlane him, so his laning isn't unstoppable. But that's not what people are complaining about.

It's his ult that is stupidly good, and allows him to build insanely tanky and STILL remain a ridiculous threat in teamfights.

Kind of like garen or xin when they first came out. Of course, there were people who said they were perfectly balanced, and everyone else can go L2P.

That didn't stop the nerf-bat, coming for them, and it won't save Darius. Just wait for it.

This he just does way too much damage without the need for any damage items exactly like garen.

Swiftstar88

09-28-2012

The only top champion I've had a seriously problem soloing 1v1 or 1v2 as Darius has been Teemo, actually. :/

And team fights with Darius? I just autopush top and make their team come to me.

ChampOfFury

09-30-2012

Darius IS op that is the reason I bought him. I am getting 29/2/12 on average.

NGG Codeluke

09-30-2012

Srsly i thot we wur ovur dis. Darius naught OP, Rengar touk dat pozishun. Roit Pls.

princesiinha

10-06-2012

Quote:
RYZEEEH:
hes not OP. hes just to easy to play and extremely annoying. but u can counter easy with mord, yorick, teemo and singed pretty easy.

how would you recommend countering darius with teemo? would it be with his blind?? i lovee playing teemo, and i HATE playing against darius, so incredibly annoying, haha

i would love some tips!)

bongofrog

10-06-2012

tldr Darius OP

Togekiss24

10-06-2012

Darius has counters, but it doesn't mean he isn't overbearing. You are in the most danger if you try to fight him head on without taking into account his cooldowns, because his hemorrhage stacks combined with strong early game attack damage allows him to bring you down to low health quickly, but the thing to keep in mind is that all of his ranged spells are short, and the time he is going to use them is VERY obvious as most Darius' would walk towards you, making it easy to dodge him if you can predict it right. He is also really reliant on these spells in order to pull off his insta-death combo at level 6+, so you can't afford to get out of position when facing him.

Also, he is a bit like Tryndamere in that he is most dangerous once he reaches level 6. At level 1, he is only going to start with that spinning move to which he will have to back away from you once he uses it in order to prevent you from taking advantage of his cooldowns. All in all, Darius is a hard pubstomper because not a lot of inexperienced players know his mechanics outside of what he can do to you. So... Not OP, but still a tough Top lane.