Would you play a champion like this/like this concept?

I like this concept/I would play it 7 53.85%
I don't think this would work/I don't like it 0 0%
I think parts of this have potential 6 46.15%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

[CHAMP CONCEPT] Tommy & his dog Rover

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SashaT

03-23-2013

This is a rethink of a concept I posted yesterday.

We have champs with mounts, like Nunu. We have champs who turn into animals, like Nidalee. What I'm proposing is a relationship similar to Quinn and Valor... or Annie and Tibbers.

An innocent little boy, the anti-Annie, really... bright eyed, big ball cap. But on the end of a chain he has a MASSIVE rottweiler/wolf/big friggin dog with bloodstained fangs and huge muscles.

Tommy would be ranged, shooting with his slingshot at foes.
Suggested by Kronikmagii: Instead of a slingshot, throwing balls?

I'll add as I think out his abilities more but here's some general ideas, if better ones are posted I'd love to add them!

Q: Tommy spits on his slingshot ammo and hits a foe with it (targeted, not a skill shot). This does extra damage (AD) and slows the enemy.
Suggested by Kronikmagii: If he is throwing balls instead of using a slingshot, spits on ball instead.

W: Tommy feeds Rover a "treat" (maybe a severed head of one of his enemies, a piece of meat, or even just a dog treat) and gains health.
Suggested by Kronikmagii: Instead of a heal, have the dog bark and pull at the chain, "fearing" enemies.

E: Tommy throws a ball/stick/bone for Rover ("Fetch!"). He runs after it, knocking up enemies and doing damage in the process, and then brings it back. This would be a skillshot.

R: Rover breaks free of his "leash" or is released by Tommy (Sick 'em, boy!) and mauls a target for a set amount of damage in a suppress similar to Warwick, but of course he cannot be attacked like Warwick... however, Tommy can move freely, either choosing to run up and auto attack or run away and escape. Rover would then run back to Tommy (wherever he was) and be clipped back onto his leash/chain. Not sure about duration but probably similar to Warwick. The suppress would of course hold the target in place for the duration.

Passive: Tommy faints upon losing all HP. Rover picks Tommy up in his mouth and runs in a straight line back to base (automatic - you cannot run away from people or turrets/control Rover, it would be as if you had right clicked base and it was taking you there automatically). The wolf would have 25% of his HP and enemy champs would have to kill him to get a "death". If they reached base, Tommy would be revived without a "death" earned.
Of course, there would be a cooldown involved.

I will edit this as I think it out more, but what do you think? I thought it could be a little different and a cool partner dynamic. Feedback greatly appreciated, or bumps if you like it and want riot to see!

Kronikmagii

03-23-2013

instead of this slingshot thing, why not just make the ball he throws for the dog his weapon of choice?

Q - knuckle ball, same as yours but baseball instead of slingshot

W - is this dog controlable throughout the game? or is he just for looks until used, and why does feeding the dog heal the boy? instead, should have the dog bark and it can like fear enemies, or boost stats while lowering enemies stats. if you can think of a better way to heal then go for it, but as is it is just a weird way to heal.

E - good, love it

R - also good. may need to be narfed for damage due to the fact that you cant kill the dog suppressing you.

Passive - instead of running back to the base, just have the dog sit there and lick your face(like dogs do) and if he is able to lick you for like 3-4 seconds then you are revived with half health and increased movement speed. to kill you, they would have to kill the dog like you said, scale up the health he gets upon your death from like 25% to 40% with levels

SashaT

03-23-2013

The treat idea came from the idea that Nunu's gorilla eats minions and gains health, but the fear idea could be a good one too! For the suppress, I figured it wouldn't be too OP because you could lower the damage done and Warwick's has a lot of lifesteal as well, evens it out a bit.

The ball idea I like, but it might change the E to a stick or something to make it obvious that it's different, or call it "Fetch" perhaps?

The dog and the boy move together, it's kind of like Quinn and Valor - Valor makes the marks and takes over for ulti, but otherwise he's just kind of around. But I'll think on the W, the fear is a good idea, I like it!

Thank you for taking the time to check it out and post!

SashaT

03-23-2013

I'm gonna draw up a concept! But hey, story idea: Rover found Tibbers in a yard one day (in plushie form) and tried to tear him apart - beginning a rivalry between Annie and Tommy when they fought over it and Annie tried to barbecue his pooch.

WinglessFox

03-24-2013

Yes, take all of my upvotes.

SashaT

03-24-2013

Thanks WinglessFox!

unusualRenegade

03-24-2013

+1 I like it! much more contemporary than most champs (at least with the baseball idea), but that makes it kinda cool.

Kronikmagii

03-24-2013

+1/Bump

SashaT

12-30-2013

Thanks for the support guys!!

I lost this post for a while and then found it. Been seeing a few posts here and there about wanting a rival/boy counterpart for Annie so I'm bringing this back from the grave!!

I so want this champion. Riot PLZ.

YoIoMaster

03-24-2014

interesting concept, bump!