Albaton, Fist of the Loving Family

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mytharionas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2012

We've got more reviews here, i'll see what I can address here, going through multiple posts at once this time around.

From Varnoc we have concerns about some abilities.

Quote:
W - The damage reduction passive concerns me somewhat, if reduced to 15% at rank 5 it would be fine, but 30% is simply far too much for just hitting them once to apply the inate UNLESS it is only applied when attacking him, then this is fine
The damage reduction only works when targets that are Awestruck strike Albaton himself. They do not do reduced damage on other champions, and enemies who are not Awestruck do not do reduced damage against Albaton.
Quote:
R - Only issue with this is the empowered Q slow, if you made this increase with rank instead of 70% at level 6 right off, this would be fine
I have to agree with you on that one. I think a 40/55/70% scale would be suitable.

From Pobbes, we have a very interesting observation...

Quote:
Maybe, I'm reading him wrong, but he seems to me to be a burst AOE mage more than a tank. His AP ratios are not that high individually, but all together make for a very good ap kit, while relying on the damage reduction from his passives to keep him alive. This makes him alot like malphite in this regard. I think a major issue is the R refreshing the cooldown of his other abilites. Long story short I would combo like this E+Q(1st)+Q(2nd)+W+R+E(Emp)+W+Q(1st)+Q(2nd). The combined ap ratio of all these attacks exceeds Ahri's, not to mention some of her abilities are single target while all of Albaton's are AOE
Most of the champions I looked at had some interesting ratios as well, AP ratios on some skills as low as 0.3, while other were as high as 1. I'll give the skills a look once this post is finished, but first I must address your concerns about the ultimate.

It is meant to reset the abilities for only one spell, so while the combo can use E+Q(1st)+Q(2nd)+W+R+E(Emp), you will have to wait for cooldowns before you can do the W+Q(1st)+Q(2nd). However, the tooltip did not mention this, and I will be sure to rectify this in short order. Good catch.

Albaton is my first champion, as well as my first post on the forums. I'm proud of how it's shaping up, and your reviews have made great contributions. I'll be sure to take your suggestions and observations under advisement.

Leo Tomita

10-28-2012

re-bump for the awesomeness of this chmp!

Mytharionas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2012

By the power of bump!

For those among you who have kept an eye on my concept roster, I may be making an index after my next 2-3 champions. I'd prefer to have a champion for every role before I decide to make it though. Albaton serves to fill the tanking role, Cai-Quithos does a good job as a mage. Sebastian works as an assassin, and Mormash, my newest addition, is here as a melee AD carry/jungler.

My next champion may be either a ranged AD carry or a support. Hopefully I can find another good theme to bring to the table.

Leo Tomita

11-02-2012

bump for awesomeness

Leo Tomita

11-05-2012

one bump for his Fabulos Hair!

Mytharionas

11-20-2012

Upon the wings of a most holy bump, information descends from on high...

My support champion has just been completed. Those who may have been following might assume that my next champion would fulfill all the requirements I need to make a respectable index. But this isn't the case just yet.

I've had an idea for a rather strange mechanic, and i'm hoping to make it work in my next concept. Alas, the next one will be an assassin instead of the ever elusive ranged AD carry. But I will continue to work, and i'll have the champion out in due time.

Leo Tomita

11-23-2012

bump for fabulously!

Moby the White

12-04-2012

Okay so you read my other thread so you understand Lore PQWER

Lore 6/5
Reason: Amazing I loved it, so much effort put into this lore it truly shines!

P: 4/5
Reason: Balance: give it a radius and its perfect

Q. 5/5
Reason: you made a new unique spin to win, neat orderly syntax, fits the theme, shows utility, balance and synergy

W. 4/5
Reason: Balance: damage is way too high in passive and active, otherwise great ability I loved it

E. 4/5
Reason: Balance: damage is way too high, I loved it though

R. 5/5
Reason there was nothing wrong here...

Bonus Points: +1
Originality: +1
Animations: +1
Visual fluff: 0
Stats: -0.5 unbalanced plus there is no scaling on mana and that DAMAGE IS TOO DAMN HIGH!
Structured Organization: -0.5 i had to scroll a lot and search for things >.< shouldn't have to do that

Total Lore PQWER 29/30

Leo Tomita

12-05-2012

bump for the Noxian good guy!

Leo Tomita

12-10-2012

Bump for the his good heart!