Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Suggestion] Account Links - PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keptron

07-18-2012

Quote:
Robo19:
As the title implies I feel our PBE accounts and official League of Legends accounts should be linked. This is my reasoning and outline:

1. Major Problem: People join PBE to get massive IP/RP allowance to buy and play champions they don't want to work for... they have no intent on testing.

2. Major Problem: People don't take PBE serious (as bans mean nothing if there even are bans for PBE; the main reasons people don't want to get banned in official League, is cause all the work to get to level 30, unlocking champs, or $ spent. In PBE you are handed these without any effort. - People break rules openly without restraint.

3. Minor Problem: New players join PBE instead of Official (usually friend tells them to join due to first problem); This can make it very difficult to test when you have someone who doesn't understand the game.

THE SOLUTION!
By linking PBE and Official; this solves all of these problems!
By linking accounts; you can set a filter so that you can not play PBE until your official account is level 30. This will weed out the "lazy IP/RP hunters" (some of them at least). If you get banned from PBE you cant just remake account, you have to make an entire new official level 30 account.
So if PBE account is banned, you can no longer play PBE unless you have another level 30 account on the official league server to link it to.
This requires players to not only take some seriousness in PBE, but ensures new players must player the official server and learn the game before they can PBE test.
You can change Public to Semi-Public. lol.

So how would you implement this now? Simple.
Wipe all existing PBE accounts (not like anyone really worked for all those champs), then with a freshly cleaned server infuse the restriction on a new "PBE" account creation/link page.

Anyone feeling me?

Link normal server account and allow only lv30 ( of normal server ) to play in PBE to actually test. Otherwise people would create low lv account nd link to PBE account

AdamNW

07-18-2012

I think we could take this a step further and say that you can only own champions on PBE that you own on live, with the exception of new champs for testing, or champ reworks like Eve and Twitch this last patch. This is supposed to be designed for bug fixing after all.

Skins can still be free game though.

NugCrusher

07-19-2012

Down with the trolls! (except the Babe "Trundle" Ruth)

CPT Tabarnack

12-11-2012

I would love if only real serious players like me could have a PBE account but... OUPS trolls invaded PBE and now real interested people that want to work 4 a better game cant even create a PBE account.

Bidorr the Great

12-11-2012

I agree. Bump