Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Suggestion] Account Links - PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Robo19

07-14-2012

As the title implies I feel our PBE accounts and official League of Legends accounts should be linked. This is my reasoning and outline:

1. Major Problem: People join PBE to get massive IP/RP allowance to buy and play champions they don't want to work for... they have no intent on testing.

2. Major Problem: People don't take PBE serious (as bans mean nothing if there even are bans for PBE; the main reasons people don't want to get banned in official League, is cause all the work to get to level 30, unlocking champs, or $ spent. In PBE you are handed these without any effort. - People break rules openly without restraint.

3. Minor Problem: New players join PBE instead of Official (usually friend tells them to join due to first problem); This can make it very difficult to test when you have someone who doesn't understand the game.

THE SOLUTION!
By linking PBE and Official; this solves all of these problems!
By linking accounts; you can set a filter so that you can not play PBE until your official account is level 30. This will weed out the "lazy IP/RP hunters" (some of them at least). If you get banned from PBE you cant just remake account, you have to make an entire new official level 30 account.
So if PBE account is banned, you can no longer play PBE unless you have another level 30 account on the official league server to link it to.
This requires players to not only take some seriousness in PBE, but ensures new players must player the official server and learn the game before they can PBE test.
You can change Public to Semi-Public. lol.

So how would you implement this now? Simple.
Wipe all existing PBE accounts (not like anyone really worked for all those champs), then with a freshly cleaned server infuse the restriction on a new "PBE" account creation/link page.

Anyone feeling me?

Sys3rr

07-14-2012

I think your solution is viable.

Good job sir

beastshadow16

07-15-2012

whenever i got to the lol store to buy champions nothing is there and it says go to [email]support@riotgames.com[/email] so i was just wandering how can i buy champs and if i go to my account and go to champions it shows two question marks for how much RP and IP and the buy champion button i cant press it so what do i do

beastshadow16

07-15-2012

XD

Immolation

07-15-2012

In WoW if you're banned on the PBE you're only banned for that test period, I think that's a better way, and in League of Legends you should just be banned for maybe 1-2 patches, rather than perm banned instantly.

Robo19

07-15-2012

Quote:
Immolation:
In WoW if you're banned on the PBE you're only banned for that test period, I think that's a better way, and in League of Legends you should just be banned for maybe 1-2 patches, rather than perm banned instantly.

If you don't deal with things harshly, then people don't learn. If Riot had to put time and effort into finding rule breakers in PBE. That takes man power that could be better used else where and if someone obstructs the testing environment of PBE they have no right to test.

Testing PBE is a privilege and it is being taken for granted!

Plus, my proposition isn't exactly a "perm" ban as you can always make a new level 30 character in the real server and join PBE once more.

If you get caught speeding in a car you get a ticket! If your rich or poor, you pay the same.
To counter act the rich who can blow these tickets off; the punishment goes up after 3 tickets (lose your license for a year). Once a punishment get "too high" then the rule isn't broken. As of right now the punishment for anything is too low so rules are broken MORE. Reverse that to, HIGH punishment and rules will be broken less.

Sorry if this seems critical but I'm on a mission here.

Aezoc

07-15-2012

I would love to see this implemented. The amount of trolling and abuse on the PBE is out of control, particularly when multiple people are competing to lock in the newest champion. Unfortunately there seems to be a large segment of the population that has been scared into acting like decent human beings by the Tribunal, but revert to being jerks when there's not the threat of a banhammer looming over them.

There's also the secondary problem of it being very difficult to provide balance feedback because the skill levels on the PBE are... all over the place, to put it mildly. Restricting the PBE to level 30 summoners on live might help somewhat. If your Elo from live also carried over, that would also help.

WeezelD

Recruiter

07-15-2012

PBE has gotten so toxic in the last few patches.. its filled with trolls. I must have at least 2 people a game who are raging and asking for people to be reported. Really? You have a real clear understanding of what we're trying to do here, and what 'reporting' really does.

The raging, verbal abuse and offensive language has been predominating my games recently and its a real shame.

I think linking to the main account would be a nice way to keep some of the problems out, especially when linked to a L30 account.

I think we're getting alot of people who had been banned in the regular env., as well as those who come to PBE and figure "If I'm going to play for free, why not play here where I can get all my champs and skins for free"

Zeliwin

07-15-2012

I agree, I just recently made a post about this before I saw yours. Bump for Justice!

Robo19

07-18-2012

Bump! Come on Riot, give up a word!