League of Lessons: Exchanging ---> Video TWO of a series of 30-90s LoL tutorials!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Predinchuk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-13-2012

Hey everyone! If you or anyone you know is new to League of Legends and needs a hand with learning some of the basics, be sure to check out my new youtube channel! We offer instructional videos on various basic League of Legends techniques that are important to develop into a strong player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFwEJScUH54&feature=plcp

Be sure to also check out video one in the series!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2MfZ6_eipQ&feature=plcp

Predinchuk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-14-2012

Bump

Predinchuk

07-17-2012

Bump

Pentakill Jones

07-17-2012

Not bad at all. I think that you should have strung the tutorials of laning all together to give a longer video, though.

ShooterDudeLoL

07-17-2012

Good guides, very concise and easy to understand. My only complaint is the sound recording quality of the mic is a little lacking.

TheDjinni

07-17-2012

60 seconds is not enough to explain the essentials of exchanging. Or last hits, for that matter.

Kevimaster

07-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDjinni View Post
60 seconds is not enough to explain the essentials of exchanging. Or last hits, for that matter.
Maybe not the essentials, but hes not trying to teach the essentials. He is trying to give the basic principle in a quick easy to watch video for people who picked up the game yesterday. If you explain all the nuances of exchanging to them in one video, it would be much longer and it would also be too much information for them to understand.

I believe that for the most part below level 20-25 you don't need to know all those things, what you really need to be learning is your fundamentals.

Last hitting, warding, grouping up, what all the champions do, basic builds, etc.

A metaphor, lets assume that I were to hand you a Trumpet right now and that you have never played a musical instrument in your life. I then start explaining to you how to do vibrato, triple tongue , and improvise music while playing. Even if somehow you were to understand all of what I was telling you, you would still sound terrible because you couldn't make a good tone, wouldn't be breathing properly, etc.

Predinchuk

07-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevimaster View Post
Maybe not the essentials, but hes not trying to teach the essentials. He is trying to give the basic principle in a quick easy to watch video for people who picked up the game yesterday. If you explain all the nuances of exchanging to them in one video, it would be much longer and it would also be too much information for them to understand.

I believe that for the most part below level 20-25 you don't need to know all those things, what you really need to be learning is your fundamentals.

Last hitting, warding, grouping up, what all the champions do, basic builds, etc.

A metaphor, lets assume that I were to hand you a Trumpet right now and that you have never played a musical instrument in your life. I then start explaining to you how to do vibrato, triple tongue , and improvise music while playing. Even if somehow you were to understand all of what I was telling you, you would still sound terrible because you couldn't make a good tone, wouldn't be breathing properly, etc.
Thank you, Kevi. This is EXACTLY what I'm going for. I'm catering to players who have just started playing or don't yet play the game...players who literally have no idea what they're doing.

I could very easily make a 10 minute video covering advanced laning, but answer me this; if you open up a youtube video and see something like 11:43 in the time bar, do you sit and watch it? Do you even bother to skip through it? Most of the time, you probably won't watch much of it.

Now, a sixty second video? I know that I tend to watch videos like that entirely.

UnBR33vuhble

07-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predinchuk View Post
Hey everyone! If you or anyone you know is new to League of Legends and needs a hand with learning some of the basics, be sure to check out my new youtube channel! We offer instructional videos on various basic League of Legends techniques that are important to develop into a strong player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFwEJScUH54&feature=plcp

Be sure to also check out video one in the series!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2MfZ6_eipQ&feature=plcp
Are these going to be put together in order in a playlist at some time???

TheDjinni

07-19-2012

Quote:
Thank you, Kevi. This is EXACTLY what I'm going for. I'm catering to players who have just started playing or don't yet play the game...players who literally have no idea what they're doing.
Then start with a basic introduction like you've been doing for these videos, then move onto the essentials. Save the advanced stuff for another video if you want.

Quote:
I could very easily make a 10 minute video covering advanced laning, but answer me this; if you open up a youtube video and see something like 11:43 in the time bar, do you sit and watch it? Do you even bother to skip through it? Most of the time, you probably won't watch much of it.
I don't look at video length when I'm watching videos. If the title and introductory picture aren't something that interests me, I'd typically not even click the link. Then, if the first minute or so is something that doesn't interest me, then I won't continue watching.

If a person is genuinely interested in learning how to play a particular game, even the fundamentals, and your video helps them with this, they will watch your video no matter its length. People buy 4 hour instructional "How to play Texas Hold'em" videos, I'm sure a free 10 minute video is far more likely to be well received. After all, a game of League of Legends can take more than an hour to play, so whoever is watching your video should have plenty of time on their hands.

I don't think I've ever heard of someone who sees a 10 minute video and just decides to close it right then and there without watching any of it. If they don't have 10 minutes right now they can pause it and watch it later.

Quote:
Now, a sixty second video? I know that I tend to watch videos like that entirely.
If you stick your 60 second video in the front of a longer 10 minute video, then you've fundamentally accomplished the same thing:

1) People who would only stick around for 60 seconds and then tune out or close the video can get the same experience as if they watched your current videos.
2) People who are interested in learning more can do so thanks to the fact that you actually go into some detail.
3) People who would skip a 10 minute video entirely as soon as they saw the length probably aren't that interested in learning the complexity of League of Legends to begin with and your 60 second introduction to topics probably won't change that.