[Guide] Evelynn the widowmaker - Advanced guide for Experts

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nether

Senior Member

11-10-2009

Cygnus is a legend. Great to see he's playing LoL <3


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrCygnus

Member

11-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nether View Post
Cygnus is a legend. Great to see he's playing LoL <3
Why thanks my man! <3


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WhiteMantisX

Member

11-12-2009

Hey, very nice guide.
As you might have seen, the new update changed some of your required items. I don't think that sorcerers boots make sense in early game, because the now don't boost your AP (15%magic penetrate instead). The effect refers to a percentage of the damage, therefore isn't that helpful in earlygame (where your dmg is still low). They also cost more than the former sorc boots. So what is your boots choice after the patch?

Mantis


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

noonestar

Member

11-13-2009

I play Evelynn since a few days now and all I can say is that she's a great champion. You can kill anyone you'd like and when in posession of swiftness boots you can chase, surprise and every now and then get freaking easy kills. I must say that Kassadin is hard to play against with Evelynn. Other hard champions in my opinion are Teemo, Cho'Gath and Amumu. And ofcourse, Zilean is a pain too.. Good job on this guide, I appreciate it!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zgeer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

11-13-2009

<3 MrCygnus!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thormax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-13-2009

alright so i've played eveylnn before this guide a lot.. and she was quite good.. this guide made me slightly more pro-active with her as in killing neutrals. i like the choice of summoner spells. i used to use heal and telliport but smike and ignite works better farming.. also fallowed your spell build. i used to pump ravage first but hate spike seems to work better in early game farming. my question is the new 40% magic penetration item.. what do you replace to get it ? i've been playing around slightly with the item build also.. if i wasn't in school i would be able to try to remember how i set up my items with her.. i'll post it when i got home.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrCygnus

Member

11-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thormax View Post
alright so i've played eveylnn before this guide a lot.. and she was quite good.. this guide made me slightly more pro-active with her as in killing neutrals. i like the choice of summoner spells. i used to use heal and telliport but smike and ignite works better farming.. also fallowed your spell build. i used to pump ravage first but hate spike seems to work better in early game farming. my question is the new 40% magic penetration item.. what do you replace to get it ? i've been playing around slightly with the item build also.. if i wasn't in school i would be able to try to remember how i set up my items with her.. i'll post it when i got home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMantisX View Post
Hey, very nice guide.
As you might have seen, the new update changed some of your required items. I don't think that sorcerers boots make sense in early game, because the now don't boost your AP (15%magic penetrate instead). The effect refers to a percentage of the damage, therefore isn't that helpful in earlygame (where your dmg is still low). They also cost more than the former sorc boots. So what is your boots choice after the patch?

Mantis

Hey Thormax and Mantis, welcome! I am currently testing new builds and ideas to give you guys the best possible answer i can. A complete and accurate answer will require testing of all kinds.

Mantis in regards to your post, i do believe the new boots give a flat -15 MR. That is actaully better early game and less effective later on. But regardless i find that boots of mobility are quite amazing and broken, i have considered strongly to replace the sorc boots with these factoring in the ideas that the boots no longer contribute to the litch bane stacking strat and that they are 150g more expensive which in turn slows down your early game.

Most importantly, <3 Zgeer.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BearforceOne

Senior Member

11-13-2009

Great guide.
Tried it out today and it was a lot of fun. Thanks for the post


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sTrikerT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-14-2009

yes i've mentioned that boosts of mobility is great on eve, now i'm more concern about the new item Void staff.
40% magic resistance is huge and decent AP boost.
Maybe it can come after Mejai's and Lich Bane, more testing needed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrCygnus

Member

11-16-2009

Almsot done testing, came up with some new ideas. i will update soon.