[Guide] Evelynn the widowmaker - Advanced guide for Experts

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rogl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2009

Holy **** man. I've been referring to this guide over the past few days practicing that start and my farming strategy using your build and hints. I almost always end up having a bad game, its like they sense my threat and focus me for the first 10 minutes, and I get yelled at, etc etc, but in the last 8 games I've played as evelynn I've had 25 or more kills by the end of the game, she is so freaking deadly with this strategy, and I agree using ravage right after stun is more effective, I can almost 3 shot squishies like mirror eve, Ryze, etc etc, its crazy, thanks so much for posting this its really improved my eve game play.

Oh one thing though, a hero that actually tends to give me a lot more trouble than I thought he would in 1v1 was Corki O_o I'm not sure why but as soon as he comes out of my stun he blasts my ass to the past. Anyways, other than that its working out great, thanks again!

Rogl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2009

I meant almost always have a bad EARLY game... lol sorry ^_^

MrCygnus

11-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplash View Post
eve in higher elo bracket is at a disadvantage. "Why?" you may ask, well in high elo brack you can assume everyone playing knows how to play and will buy oracle relatively soon to counter eve. Also the only times I have seen eve kick ass in games is when she gets fed early, which won't happen against a skilled team.

With that said I will say that your guide is very well written and thought out, good job. Trust me I know how you feel about all the hate, I made a Tryndamere Hard Carry build video guide and i got lots of negative feedback because Trynd is in the same boat as eve for high level play.
I will be sure to check your guide out my man. And yes at the least it's nice to write a guide to help people try and think outside of the box when it comes to some of their most favorite heroes. Good times : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromzor View Post
Haven't tried it yet but this is very well written an thought out. Bravo!

I play solo 100% of the time so far. I've noticed that you have to change you playstyle and build dramatically as you climb in ELO. I had hit a wall with eve so this is very welcome.

Yeah you will notice as you move your way up the playscale latter games become that much more fun to play in. Being able to count on your team mates even while in solo que sure saves the extra stress on your temper while in games hahahaha!!

MrCygnus

11-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGBudai View Post
Wrong. With this logic, All stealth champions wouldn't be used by experts.

Evelynn is one of the strongest and fastest gankers in the whole game, when utilized correctly you can shut down a carry's entire early game and set them up for failure later when mid-late game rolls around.

The very fact that you are forcing the other team to waste money on something OTHER than their primary build is a positive for playing a stealth champion. Also if your TEAM ( yes I said it, don't make me say it again ) kills them, they are forced to buy it again, and again, and again, and again, etc. etc.

You are either wasting:

1) Their money on oracles
2) Their money AND experience when you kill them

You guys seem to ignore the fact that you can SEE whether they have the buff on them, simply don't gank those that do. If they all do, call for a gank from your team and just use your stealth stun even if they can see you. It's still a stun.

So true bro. This is one of the big points i was trying to stress in my guide. Although for some people to believe it's all proof in the pudding. Just wait a few months when the big leage matches get started and see who uses eve in their team and when : )

MrCygnus

11-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogl View Post
Holy **** man. I've been referring to this guide over the past few days practicing that start and my farming strategy using your build and hints. I almost always end up having a bad game, its like they sense my threat and focus me for the first 10 minutes, and I get yelled at, etc etc, but in the last 8 games I've played as evelynn I've had 25 or more kills by the end of the game, she is so freaking deadly with this strategy, and I agree using ravage right after stun is more effective, I can almost 3 shot squishies like mirror eve, Ryze, etc etc, its crazy, thanks so much for posting this its really improved my eve game play.

Oh one thing though, a hero that actually tends to give me a lot more trouble than I thought he would in 1v1 was Corki O_o I'm not sure why but as soon as he comes out of my stun he blasts my ass to the past. Anyways, other than that its working out great, thanks again!

So glad it's working out for you Rogl. In the lower levels of the ladder i was running like 30-40 kills a game with usually first blood followed by 2 other kills before lvl 5.

At the much top end of the ladder i find that i usually end a game at 14-3-8. But you will find that later on it's not the number of kills you are able to get, but how it was able to help your team push a lane or stop their main carry from getting a good start thus ending their mid to late game threat. Just more food for thought for the readers : )

UrQuan

11-09-2009

Great guide, I like the item, mastery and summoner skill justifications. The only thing I changed item-wise is getting boots of mobility (because you'd want to roam alot and it is harder without teleport, I've not tested sorc boots yet. Positioning is paramount and you'd want to be really fast...) and maybe Rylai's before Nashor's if you have control over golem buffs. It would be much harder on Evelyn when the new Mejai's gets patched in but we'll see.

Bait

11-09-2009

o.O if you want a good early game, try exhaust + ignite.
i also like trinity force on ev, because it gives her everything she wants + trinity force procs every .6 - 1 second.

sTrikerT

11-09-2009

I just had a thought about boosts of mobility:
How fast do you run with that + ult? Is it fast enough to enter oracle of elixir range and be able to stun/nuke target before he reacts to your appearance? If you issue an attack command does it count as enter combat and cancel the speed boost or does it count when the attack connects?

Because the biggest problem against Eve is elixir and either a tank or weak hero(ashe, ryze, teemo) will buy it out of fear/rage.

Someone please test it out, have a buddy buy elixir and see if using all the speed boosts you can get in melee range in 1 sec or less.

If the movement speed is fast enough, the effect of elixir will be weakened. thus, mobility outweighs sorc just for that. you can't dmg them if you can't get close!

MrCygnus

11-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by sTrikerT View Post
I just had a thought about boosts of mobility:
How fast do you run with that + ult? Is it fast enough to enter oracle of elixir range and be able to stun/nuke target before he reacts to your appearance? If you issue an attack command does it count as enter combat and cancel the speed boost or does it count when the attack connects?

Because the biggest problem against Eve is elixir and either a tank or weak hero(ashe, ryze, teemo) will buy it out of fear/rage.

Someone please test it out, have a buddy buy elixir and see if using all the speed boosts you can get in melee range in 1 sec or less.

If the movement speed is fast enough, the effect of elixir will be weakened. thus, mobility outweighs sorc just for that. you can't dmg them if you can't get close!

It;s been my experience that sorc. boots are by far the best for Eve. The extra mobility of the other boots aren't worth the synergy of the bonus AP given with sorc boots. Rarely does a hero ever get away from Eve when your ultimate is up.

As for hit and run tactics, it's all about the timing and having the patients to wait for the opening. Even on a hero wiith an Oracle. Just wait for them to press up just a little to far from safety then you crash their party.

GNOY

11-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
o.O if you want a good early game, try exhaust + ignite.
i also like trinity force on ev, because it gives her everything she wants + trinity force procs every .6 - 1 second.
Trinity effect has 3 seconds CD. Same as Sheen. And its **** item on her unless you go DPS build which you shouldn't do.