[Guide] Evelynn the widowmaker - Advanced guide for Experts

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sTrikerT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2009

Being a eve player myself, this is a good guide although different from my own play style.

People say eve can't survive a 5 man gank? maybe so, but how many heroes CAN survive that? so few.
If you can activate ult and flash out into grass, you can stealth to stay alive while other team search aimlessly for your shadow. Most other heroes would get chased down and killed.

Late game big group fights, she's even more valuable than you think. you can see where they are gathering because eve's stealth, imagine pirates ult + twisted fate on all 5 of them in the grass because eve scouted them out. She can attack that caster/range from behind and draw their tanks attention(disrupt formation) while the rest of the team move in for the kill.

elixir is troublesome, but they can't see through grass. Eve's ult will make her move so fast the one with elixir won't react before he's stunned and killed.

Yes she is squishy, and dies easily. Yet she's also deadly and make people looking behind every second. Late game she can push 500 AP and MR debuff from ravage + lich's bane make her a instant killer on any non-tank. Being invisible, she can go to a lane when other team is at another and push down towers w/ her ult before they teleport back.

When enemy is chasing your almost dead hero, eve can appear and stun that fool to save your butt or kill him herself.

Eve is a hard character to play because she requires alot of map awareness and calculation such as tower dive kills. She dies too much if not played right and you get annoyed at how paper she is.

Here's my guide, quite different from main stream evelyn but works for me.
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=19247

MrCygnus

11-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morzas View Post
I'm not a high-level player, but from what I've read, the late game for the experts tends to devolve into each team forming a five-man ganking squad that kills anyone who tries to farm, and starves the enemy of jungle creeps to force them to lane. How does Evelynn interact with those kinds of tactics? I'm not really getting how she can gank a group of five people sticking together and farming buffs/dragon.
I think i went over this in the guide a couple times. Push 2 different lanes while they roam the map, your job as eve is to drop wards around the map to keep an eye on their group. If the "gank squad" comes towards one of the groups, run in the grass and blue pill home. This is how you use Eve's so called disadvantage to make your opponents waste a ton of time while your team takes down towers.

Also, even in a 5 man squad late game i can usually wait for them to get a little careless with their formation and pick a hero off using someone as bait.

Honestly, this is an eve guide but if it helps i can make a general gameplay guide using other heroes as examples. Hope this helps.

Running short on time as i am trying to study for midterms, i will try and check the comments sometime soon! Take care everyone and GL!

Morzas

11-08-2009

If you job is to drop wards, why are you playing Evelynn and not someone useful, like Teemo or Shaco?

MrCygnus

11-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morzas View Post
If you job is to drop wards, why are you playing Evelynn and not someone useful, like Teemo or Shaco?
Are you reading what i just said in my last comment to someone else or did you read the guide?

Honestly, it's so hard to write a guide for an unpopular hero. I am not expecting people to not argue a point here or there in my guide either for or against me but is it to much to ask people to read the guide before they hate on Evelynn as a noob, pub, useless hero before reading the material to make an educated comment?

Anyways, i shouldn't let a couple people's comments overshadow all the nice things people have said. Thank you so much for the people who read the guide, asked some questions, and gave some feedback. At the least i just hope this guide helps people with their gameplay in some way or another and pushes people to rethink using Eve in competitive games.

GNOY

11-08-2009

Tested it in Normal. Smite really useful throughout game. Though opponents wasnt very tough (except for Katarina, which was killing us quite alot), their feedle always bought an oracle. I think he spent around 1200 on this and I interrupted his ult so many times, so I think he was raging like hell. Dont know if we won if they were more organized.

Just in case someone got oracle, he should be N1 priority in ganks.

Aurax

11-08-2009

/clap

This guide required a lot of time and effort to be written, and IMHO is a very good one.

Evelynn is a difficult character that needs you to move out of your "zone of comfort"... at the beginning you totally destroy noobs with her, after some games players learn the lesson and start to buy wards and oracles, so you die a lot and think "this char is not useful anymore"... but, if you go out of the "invis-stun-burst-spam spike" 2 seconds instant kill strategy, and start to explore new ways to play her (as this guide explains) you can have a very valid champion indeed.

Just remember that, in the same way as Twitch, the invis is not only a way to hide yourself, but a way to buff your champ with a special attack (stun for eve, AS for Twitch) and even better, a way to play dangerous mind games with your enemies.

Thx for the guide mate, I will try this build in my next game for sure,

cheers,

PS in the guide there is a mention of abyssal scepter mentioned as rylais scepter, confusing typo :-)

Lafali

11-08-2009

I've read your guide, and it seems good...for a practice game perhaps. The thing is, I would never use Evelynn in a normal game, since I'm at a pretty good ELO, and if anyone picks Evelynn the team is practically playing a man down.

Whiplash

11-08-2009

eve in higher elo bracket is at a disadvantage. "Why?" you may ask, well in high elo brack you can assume everyone playing knows how to play and will buy oracle relatively soon to counter eve. Also the only times I have seen eve kick ass in games is when she gets fed early, which won't happen against a skilled team.

With that said I will say that your guide is very well written and thought out, good job. Trust me I know how you feel about all the hate, I made a Tryndamere Hard Carry build video guide and i got lots of negative feedback because Trynd is in the same boat as eve for high level play.

ZGBudai

11-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatsbys View Post
I'll give it a read.
I don't want you to think I'm 'hating' on your guide, just don't call it an expert guide when no 'expert' would use Evelynn in the first place.
Wrong. With this logic, All stealth champions wouldn't be used by experts.

Evelynn is one of the strongest and fastest gankers in the whole game, when utilized correctly you can shut down a carry's entire early game and set them up for failure later when mid-late game rolls around.

The very fact that you are forcing the other team to waste money on something OTHER than their primary build is a positive for playing a stealth champion. Also if your TEAM ( yes I said it, don't make me say it again ) kills them, they are forced to buy it again, and again, and again, and again, etc. etc.

You are either wasting:

1) Their money on oracles
2) Their money AND experience when you kill them

You guys seem to ignore the fact that you can SEE whether they have the buff on them, simply don't gank those that do. If they all do, call for a gank from your team and just use your stealth stun even if they can see you. It's still a stun.

Gromzor

11-08-2009

Haven't tried it yet but this is very well written an thought out. Bravo!

I play solo 100% of the time so far. I've noticed that you have to change you playstyle and build dramatically as you climb in ELO. I had hit a wall with eve so this is very welcome.