[Guide] Evelynn the widowmaker - Advanced guide for Experts

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Adorno

11-07-2009

Very interesting guide. Thanks for posting. All of the "Eve sucks" posters are actually Eve players who want to psyche people into underestimating her. I agree. She sucks. Don't bother trying to shut down her early game. She is totally irrelevant. OMG.

GNOY

11-07-2009

I pub stomped with her few times. Your guide actually makes me try her in more competitive match. Whats your point on Exhaust btw? You said its great etc, but you still dont state why you pick Ignite over it.

GNOY

11-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dendrik View Post
In your initial item build you put the Ryjal's Scepter in there, and then in the [What not to do] section, you put Ryjal's Scepter in there as well.
He misplaced it with Abyssal I suppose, since Rylai dont have any MR (you could guess it yourself I hope).

SG GodFlow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-07-2009

You said you use Ravage to finish off enemies even though using Ravage after stunning = more damage from Hate Spikes and normal attacks+Sheen/Lich Bane, I believe you may want to rethink that.

Crazy Demon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2009

Wow, very well written guide. I don't know if this will actually work, but its written in such a manner that it makes an Eve hater like me want to play her- and feel like I can actually kick ass beyond a couple a noobs. I will definitely try it out.

Though I did notice you put this little disclaimer at the end.

Quote:
Learning to play Evelynn right is all about trial and error. Don't think because you read this guide that you know it all so try your best to learn your timing and work on your map awareness.
So basically if I try this guide out and suck, you can always say I need to practice more right? Sneaky sneaky =P

MrCygnus

11-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shido View Post
You said you use Ravage to finish off enemies even though using Ravage after stunning = more damage from Hate Spikes and normal attacks+Sheen/Lich Bane, I believe you may want to rethink that.
Oh i should go back and fix that. I always start with ravage but sometimes if a battle drags out you can use ravage to finish them off when cooldown is up.

Also, THANKS EVERYONE!! for the great comments. I need to go back and update a couple things as i was way to tired after writing this to double check it. Thanks for pointing out a few things for me.

Happy owning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Demon View Post
Wow, very well written guide. I don't know if this will actually work, but its written in such a manner that it makes an Eve hater like me want to play her- and feel like I can actually kick ass beyond a couple a noobs. I will definitely try it out.

Though I did notice you put this little disclaimer at the end.

So basically if I try this guide out and suck, you can always say I need to practice more right? Sneaky sneaky =P
HAHA! I guess so!

Wasn't really thinking of this at the time but it does take a great deal of practice to learn when you can and cant tower dive to kill a hero in mid recall, or when you can and can't rush in to pick off a hero under a group's nose.

2xHero

11-07-2009

This was a well written guide. The scary thing is that I thought of the same mastery and skill build for Eve yesterday, but I was going to pick improved exhaust over smite. Telepathy? Still, this guide will help a lot with play style. Anyway, you say that forcing the enemy into a 5-man squad is good because it allows your team to split up. However, what would you do if their 5-man is successfully ganking half of your team?

Morzas

11-07-2009

MrCygnus, is there a reason you're ignoring my post? I want to know how an Evelynn is justified in so-called "expert" player's lineup. I'll repost what I said earlier in this post, because I want to hear how you address it.

"I'm not a high-level player, but from what I've read, the late game for the experts tends to devolve into each team forming a five-man ganking squad that kills anyone who tries to farm, and starves the enemy of jungle creeps to force them to lane. How does Evelynn interact with those kinds of tactics? I'm not really getting how she can gank a group of five people sticking together and farming buffs/dragon."

Glorious Bird

11-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morzas View Post
MrCygnus, is there a reason you're ignoring my post? I want to know how an Evelynn is justified in so-called "expert" player's lineup. I'll repost what I said earlier in this post, because I want to hear how you address it.

"I'm not a high-level player, but from what I've read, the late game for the experts tends to devolve into each team forming a five-man ganking squad that kills anyone who tries to farm, and starves the enemy of jungle creeps to force them to lane. How does Evelynn interact with those kinds of tactics? I'm not really getting how she can gank a group of five people sticking together and farming buffs/dragon."
She's not. He's ignoring all opposing posts so he simply does not have to justify himself. Eve can't survive in 5 man gank clashes especially with the famous AOE build and she certainly can't survive in split up teams (like he suggests - which is a horrible idea.)

Adorno

11-07-2009

I'm really interested in some more experienced players commenting on late game splitting strategies. A number people have said that the high level late game is all about 5-player squads, but from my admittedly limited experience I'm not sure that captures the whole strategy. Even one player can push down a turret in a few seconds in the late game, which seems to create opportunities for quick pushes. If 5 players are pushing top, for example, and even one player is pushing in the other lane(s), it they can knock down an inhibitor pretty fast. If the other 3 or 4 can manage to hold their lane w/the help of towers, that 1 or 2 other players seem like they can put on a lot of offensive pressure...forcing the team to split off. It seems like a lot of scenarios can play out based on which inhibitors are down, too ... supercreeps push the wave for you, allowing 1 or 2 people to effectively pressure offensively against a 5 person gank squad.

Does it not really ever work that way? I do think this is an important question for heroes like Eve, who definitely shine with smaller groups.

On a completely different note, at the low level play I've done some tank gear (Warmogs) and Rylai's seem to let you survive long enough in bigger groups to contribute to bringing someone down. I've also been able to pressure bigger groups "from the outside" even when they can see me. I hang back, sharklike, looking for any small opportunity. It forces them to watch their back, and can put subtle pressure on them. And sacrificing yourself 1 to 1 in a big gank squad seems reasonably useful late game...if you play an early role supressing, and can at least trade in the late game I think you'd be making a meaningful contribution to your team.

So please, Evesux crowd, disabuse me of these strategic thoughts from a lowly noob.