[Guide] Evelynn the widowmaker - Advanced guide for Experts

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geddyn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2010

I've been playing with this build/playstyle and I'm having quite a bit of fun with it.

The only real difference I have is that I go for Boots of Mobility, since the OOC movement speed is nice when I'm not running with Teleport or Ghost.

Never Knows Best

03-18-2010

love the guide. and yes i fully agree that eve can be an amazing champ if mind games are fully employed. <3 to your smite ignite. Although interesting ap build, i've tried ap and didn't think it was for me *i usually go attack speed/damage* but i'll give this build a shot. Thanks again for the awesome guild

050 MrWhite

03-18-2010

Nice guide, but you should try this some time:

Forget the ap boosts on eve and go 100% dmg+attack speed.

Im using the +38% attack speed rune page combined with a 28-0-2 mastery set up.

Items:
-Bloodthirster
-Berserker boots
-Last whisper
-Sword of the occult (can be solled for a trinity force late game when ur not completely stacked.)
-Item of choice (infinity edge)
-Item of choice (warmogs armor)

Spells:
*Ignite
*Flash (have you added flash to your guide?) Is very usefull to flash towards opponents carrying oracles, or to get out of danger zones.

Abilities:
Ravage and stealth modus, im not picking hate spikes untill I have no more options.
Ofcoure eve's ulti has top priority. Forget about hate spikes, the invisibilty boost early game will save you much needed mana, and no troubles while crossing the mid river.

Hopefully you will try this build some time, and maybe review your guide, which is written very well. You sure know how to play eve so this build shouldnt be troubling for you in any way.

Lynxion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefenseEffect View Post

Items:
-Bloodthirster
-Berserker boots
-Last whisper
-Sword of the occult (can be solled for a trinity force late game when ur not completely stacked.)

Spells:
*Ignite
*Flash (have you added flash to your guide?) Is very usefull to flash towards opponents carrying oracles, or to get out of danger zones.

Abilities:
Ravage and stealth modus, im not picking hate spikes untill I have no more options.
Ofcoure eve's ulti has top priority. Forget about hate spikes, the invisibilty boost early game will save you much needed mana, and no troubles while crossing the mid river.

Hopefully you will try this build some time, and maybe review your guide, which is written very well. You sure know how to play eve so this build shouldnt be troubling for you in any way.
No.

Escalibran

03-18-2010

thx for sharing this, had great fun on my first two games with eve.

SNC Toxic

03-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefenseEffect View Post

Items:
-Bloodthirster
-Berserker boots
-Last whisper

Spells:
*Ignite

Abilities:

Well, if you're talking early game this build is probably better yeah, since the risk of a AP build is that you don't perform well in beginning and then you could get annoyingly weak later on. However, later in the game a good AP build can be SO much more powerful than an attack build will ever be, and that's why i always roll like that (hate spike spam ftw xD). Also, with an Ability Power build the enhanced movement +3 boots are the best for Evelynn im my opinion.
But, yeah, it could be interesting to try the build you described, and maybe with a rune page with attack rate and stuff, that should work just fine ^^

ironstove

03-19-2010

Nice guide man. I tried it out and did fine, but I made some changes to it.

Instead of regrowth in beginning, i choose to get the health+mana regen components for a haunting guise.

That allows me to go boots of mobility which allows me to get across the map that much faster.

(I have spell pen runes btw which is why I am fine with just getting one magic pen item).

I think I kept the items generally the same after that, but my summoner spells atm are smite/flash or exhaust/flash. I agree that ignite is a good skill for getting a kill, but IMO, late game exhaust really plays an important role in silencing a late-game AD carry such as ashe or twitch from 2-3 shotting you so that you can stand next to them for a solid 3 seconds to get all of your spells off, because we all know that late game despite the fact that eve can insta kill a hero in like 2-4 seconds flat on her own, she can also be insta killed in the same amount of time.

What do you think about ROA? I am starting to think that maybe going haunting guize, standard boots, then cata would be a more solid build for eve, but this is just theorycrafting that I am doing. I plan to try it out later today, but I will be away from a comp for spring break, so I won't be able to play LoL for a week

Riot aBhorsen

eSports Coordinator

03-19-2010

Do people realise how old this guide is? Alot of it still stands but some parts are obsolete now.

AidanTalnare

03-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by aBhorsenn View Post
Do people realise how old this guide is? Alot of it still stands but some parts are obsolete now.
Even if bits and pieces of the guide are obsolete nowadays, I've been using this build and find it has worked out very well. Sure, your early game depicts the flow of the battle, but from there, if you get rolling, the only thing that will really stop you, is a 5 man gank early with someone using Oracles.

Excellent guide, A+ read and great strategies.

ZweiPhantom

03-21-2010

Nice guide, doesnt matter how old it is, it's still relevant. Started playing Eve again so i was looking for a new build, found this guide extremely helpful and it reminded me why i love Eve so much. Good work on all the strats and tips.