[Guide] Evelynn the widowmaker - Advanced guide for Experts

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sTrikerT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2010

my guide is now updated, i use this guide + adjustment sometimes depends on opponent.
great guide regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviant View Post
By the way, For both of you, have you considered grabbing Mobility boots over Sorcerer's shoes?I've been using them in leui, for the simple fact that I can cover the huge map in no time at all, And that helps to add to the mind games that you guys were talking about.
I've been using boots of mobility ever since they changed sorc to +magic pen, it is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSkeletalx
I'm curious why Rod Of Ages is not an early pick for this - each minute the game lasts the rod adds 18 to your health, 20 mana, and 2 ability power each minute the game goes on after you buy the item - wouldn't this help a lot if purchased early on?
Rod of Ages is not good on eve since it doesn't give her immediate boost in damage, for the money's worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeLpZ
love the guide, one question, how am i supposed to switch lanes in pubs? most people wouldnt be very fond of this i dont imagine.
the best part about stealth character is you can switch lane without them knowing, and your stun +exhaust is great initial for teammates to jump in.

Battletoad Dan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-10-2010

Best guide I have seen on here yet - +1 Street Cred.

I plan on buying Evelynne today and this guide came up in the search.. At first I was hesitant to buy her seeing as everyone on this forum seems to think she is worthless in competitive play, which is what I aim for. After reading this guide I've changed my mind and think I can master her and have lots of laughs while playing her.

Oh and just because the shadow eve skin looks badass, I'm buying it for her before I even play her xD

Thanks for the guide and taking the time to make it

Battletoad Dan

Recruiter

02-11-2010

After buying Eve as planned and following this guide 90% of the way, this is the result. These are my 2nd and 3rd games with Eve, just to show you that your guide kicks ass.

soolshock

02-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice King View Post
After buying Eve as planned and following this guide 90% of the way, this is the result. These are my 2nd and 3rd games with Eve, just to show you that your guide kicks ass.
Why did you get both a sheen and a lichbane?

Vortimous

02-11-2010

I have always like eve and now I am using her more and more... Please someone give me details on which runes to get to make her great.... I have most runes from my physical attack characters (yi, teemo, etc). I see you say for mark to go for armor pen, why wouldnt you go for magic pent? Shouldnt stacking this be the best since you are mainly hitting AP? I have a mix of cooldowns/ap per level for blues and mainly health regen for yellow..... what exactly should I get for yellow and blue, plus an answer for the reds about magic penetration would be nice.

Also, is there a way to know where the 2 golems are going to start top or bottom or is it always random and a guess.... I like being that level 2, and the wolves just dont cut it....

Thanks

Vort

Nimoot

02-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortimous View Post
I have always like eve and now I am using her more and more... Please someone give me details on which runes to get to make her great.... I have most runes from my physical attack characters (yi, teemo, etc). I see you say for mark to go for armor pen, why wouldnt you go for magic pent? Shouldnt stacking this be the best since you are mainly hitting AP? I have a mix of cooldowns/ap per level for blues and mainly health regen for yellow..... what exactly should I get for yellow and blue, plus an answer for the reds about magic penetration would be nice.

Also, is there a way to know where the 2 golems are going to start top or bottom or is it always random and a guess.... I like being that level 2, and the wolves just dont cut it....

Thanks

Vort
Lich Bane does most of your damage.
It copies your AP amount and adds it to your next 'normal' hit as extra damage.
So physical Penetration Runes are your best choice.

Nimoot

02-12-2010

""the best part about stealth character is you can switch lane without them knowing, and your stun +exhaust is great initial for teammates to jump in.""

What they meant is HOW do you get a person you don't even know to SWITCH lanes with you in a PUB....they'll think you're wussing out or something...I have a hard enough time as it is in a 5-man pre-made >.<

sTrikerT

02-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimoot View Post
""the best part about stealth character is you can switch lane without them knowing, and your stun +exhaust is great initial for teammates to jump in.""

What they meant is HOW do you get a person you don't even know to SWITCH lanes with you in a PUB....they'll think you're wussing out or something...I have a hard enough time as it is in a 5-man pre-made >.<
......ping or type something?? if they refuse..well then no teamwork means you'll lose no matter what char u play.

SeanEffingBean

02-21-2010

DEFINITELY one of the best guides I've read. Thorough and awsome. This guide got me stuck on Eve

tabura

02-21-2010

I've been playing eve for months, and I always kick ass as her
but
I disagree with some of the things that this guide has said.
I never get rylai's scpetre, because the slow is barely worth it, and the hp boost is also pretty stupid endgame (her ult heals and speeds her up as she kills, so just gank, and you can chase easily)
also, I never get health regen
I build like this :

1. Doran's ring (sell it later)
2. Boots of speed - Boots of swiftness
3. amplifying tome - soulstealer
4. sheen - lich bane
5. zonya's ring
6. abyssal sceptre

That way, I have around 600 AP (1200+around 150 damage first hit after cloak)
and ravage does around 1200 damage. Also, I move so fast with her buff that I can outrun a move quick + boots of swiftness teemo)

Also, my priority in skills is

put only 1 in cloak (until endgame, because 20 secs is enough for me to stun or run)
and alternate building ravage and her ult
hate spike comes last

Thats usually how I play, and if you are good, enemies won't have enough cash to buy OE every time they spawn