[Guide] Evelynn the widowmaker - Advanced guide for Experts

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaliformula

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2010

dude you said guinsoos rageblade is not good for evelynn? your a ****ing joke as evelynn then. if ur gonna build a stinger or feindish codex, and combine them. thats nashors tooth. 25 reduc mana regen and attack speed. DUDE DO U KNOW THAT UR ULTI HAS SPEED? so every attack with ulti with nashors tooth if u had a rage blade is ****ing utter destruction. more ap from stacking rageblade then u have like 5 more seconds to cast another ravage from PLUS ap FROM RAGEBLADE? WITH 3 attacks per second. really dude

your a joke for saying its not good for evelynn.

sTrikerT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2010

midgame evelynn should start->finish a kill within 5 secs. the goal is to stack ap so hate spike will finish them on the run.
rarely will you get to hit someone 8 times for rageblade to stack, her target will usually run away resulting in a chase and rageblade useless.

i'm considering getting mejai after sheen and boots recently, even tho i gave up on mejai long ago.
i rush zhonya after sheen normally then finish lich bane. although mejai might be a mid game boost.
I take it offensively if they don't get at least four oracles a game, even with TF and nidalee.

Eviant

01-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugeater the Lemurtastic View Post
Well written guide, but I have one small problem with it. Evelynn can't kill Mundo pretty much at all, unless he's already at low health and/or his ult is on cooldown. Also CLEAVERCLEAVERCLEAVERCLEAVER
Dude, While I don't play the Really high end games, I did play a nasty game in which Evelynn carried. And I didn't really get a chance to check out her item build, but she did something like 2500 damage in 2 seconds. Even if Mundo has something like 5k-6k health, That is still about half his health. And having played as Evelynn before, I know it's easy to stun, damage, and walk back out to restealth. You just have to know how to play your character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suruga Monkey View Post
She's not. He's ignoring all opposing posts so he simply does not have to justify himself. Eve can't survive in 5 man gank clashes especially with the famous AOE build and she certainly can't survive in split up teams (like he suggests - which is a horrible idea.)
As for this post, that's when you come down to common sense. If it's a 5v5, you have two options. One, pick out one of the ranged, and slaughter them in the two seconds it takes for the rest of the team to figure out what the hell happened, or stun their only tank to make them run for the hills.

When Eve starts finding herself in team fights, You could have her waiting around for a short while, just in view of the opposing team. Should they chase you, your team gives chase. They don't? Well then you wait to pick off the stray puppy. And if all else fails, you say **** it, and pull a Yi. Go in with your team and do as much damage as possible.

(Will post more Later lol...)

But To both StrikerT and MrCygnus on coming up with amazing guides.
Really, I have to thank you both for giving me both the inspiration and guidance to strike out from the shadows once more.

Last Edited on 23/01/2010 8:02 PM

By the way, For both of you, have you considered grabbing Mobility boots over Sorcerer's shoes?
I've been using them in leui, for the simple fact that I can cover the huge map in no time at all,
And that helps to add to the mind games that you guys were talking about.

If you still need that MR reduction, try an abyssal scepter which gives additional AP and MR.
I just found that it allows you to fulfill your role more effectively, and gives the opposing team more to think about.

One more item suggestion I was thinking about was tossing in another sheen. It drops another 60+ damage, grants additional AP and mana, and only for a mere 1260.
As long as you have the mana to spam hate spike, you are throwing in another 60+ damage.

xSkeletalx

01-25-2010

I'm curious why Rod Of Ages is not an early pick for this - each minute the game lasts the rod adds 18 to your health, 20 mana, and 2 ability power each minute the game goes on after you buy the item - wouldn't this help a lot if purchased early on?

Sethala

01-25-2010

Mainly because the bonuses from the Rod of Ages cap after 15 minutes, meaning you have a maximum of 80 AP from the one item. Since it costs quite a bit (around 3k, IIRC), it's a pretty steep cost. You'd be better off getting Rylai's, which is around the same cost, also gives 80 AP right off the bat instead of taking time to charge up, and also gives the slow on spell cast. Admittedly, it's 150 less HP and no mana, but I think the slow more than makes up the difference.

Eviant

01-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSkeletalx View Post
I'm curious why Rod Of Ages is not an early pick for this - each minute the game lasts the rod adds 18 to your health, 20 mana, and 2 ability power each minute the game goes on after you buy the item - wouldn't this help a lot if purchased early on?
The biggest reason is, she is not a late game fighter. Her effectiveness fades as time goes on, and the reason is, everyone is getting more items and more gold. They are starting to push as a team rather than a group of 1-2 champs.

Second reason is, As mentioned by Sethala, it costs around 3k. Why would I want that over a Lich bane? It's parts are less useful to Evelynn early game, whereas Sheen almost doubles her burst damage and costs about the same.

It's not a bad idea, but for squishy DPS characters like Eve, it just doesn't provide enough of the punch early game, when they are most effective. That is the reason Rod of Ages isn't suggested in this guide, nor should it really be suggested in any Evelynn guide (IMHO)

FeLpZ

02-01-2010

love the guide, one question, how am i supposed to switch lanes in pubs? most people wouldnt be very fond of this i dont imagine.

obsolete

02-01-2010

great guide...I've been raping faces with eve...and like the guide says, if ppl start popping wards just move around. The item list is great, but the best part is the advice and focusing on Q...grab a golem and blam. Eve is so much easier than when i was playing warwick (and doing well), I can see why ppl dis warwick now cuz jax and shaco are better as well.

only thing i found useful with warwick was stacking tons of health and armor and lifesteal and ppl would focus u while ur teammates killed everyone.

Remunial

02-06-2010

So, i've read this guide and i'm really interested in playing as Eve. This guide was written a few months ago and i'm just curious if she can still do well against good players. Honestly every time i've seen an Eve player I kinda just laugh at the load screen. They just haven't been good lately. She seems really fun and i'm just wondering if she really does suck as bad as i've seen lately or if she's still deadly in the hands of the right player. I'm not talking about stomping complete noobs to the game. I'm talking in a good match against a well rounded team of mid-high ELO players. A reply would be appreciated as i'm very interested in her play-style.

Nimoot

02-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaliformula View Post
dude you said guinsoos rageblade is not good for evelynn? your a ****ing joke as evelynn then. if ur gonna build a stinger or feindish codex, and combine them. thats nashors tooth. 25 reduc mana regen and attack speed. DUDE DO U KNOW THAT UR ULTI HAS SPEED? so every attack with ulti with nashors tooth if u had a rage blade is ****ing utter destruction. more ap from stacking rageblade then u have like 5 more seconds to cast another ravage from PLUS ap FROM RAGEBLADE? WITH 3 attacks per second. really dude

your a joke for saying its not good for evelynn.

AS for YOUR take on that little hate message....think about this...
You don't use the ult for attack speed...that's just dumb...you use it for the speed boost
OR you use it to activate Lich Bane...hit them while cloaked...Use E skill...and if that didn't kill them spam Q till they die...
(NOTE in the Guide...it never says to use the ult to get attack speed!)
You ALSO have to keep in mind...this is a Guide...not a "YOU HAVE TO PLAY THIS WAY"
If you pick up a different item MrCygnus isn't going to hunt you down themself and kill you for NOT following the guide.

Thanks

Nimoot