[Guide] Evelynn the widowmaker - Advanced guide for Experts

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fuertisimo

12-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silnt Soulvenom View Post
is tehre a alternative to mejais now?
Try this: Go philosophers stone to boots (Whatever type you like) and then work on a kages pick ---> deathsfire grasp. I find that its mana regen helps make up for the loss of the mana steal from mejais, and the active ability is fairly strong in ganking situations, plus 65 AP, while nowhere near as good as 70--->140 is not inconsiderable.

I've recently swapped over to the new Ryze, but when I watch other people play Eve the biggest problem I see with their styles is they try to force the ganks too much. You can really starve yourself out gold wise if you're spending time roaming the map looking for ganks that aren't there.

Heavensmessiah

12-18-2009

Hey. I played Corki for the longest time and one day I switched to Evelynn... And honestly I really loved her I didn't win every game but I had an alright record. Since reading your guide and just having my own little tweaks and such. I have really done well with her! Thanks it's a great article, just waiting for a revision thanks for the hard work.

Bouchard2

12-20-2009

MrCygnus.... You are the man!

I follow your guide.

1. I ****ing love it
2. I absolutely pwn every game
3.My record on eve is 35-9-10
4.if i dont follow this guide i get wrecked
MrCygnus is the man

nuf said.

Skullspliter

12-22-2009

Just wanted to put my 2c in.
Items, the most important element to Eve. If you do these right, and in the proper order, you almost cant do badly, if you understand the fundamentals of this game.
1. Amp. Tome --> Soulstealer.
2. Sorc. Boots.
3. LichBane.
4. Rylia's Scepter.
5. Zhonya's Ring
6. Banshee's Veil
Let me explain why.
1. Because I am ganking as early as possible and dying as little as possible. The AP stacks from this can be huge as soon as lv 8. I have had 10+ stacks by lv 8, which is 100+Ap over the base 20. Good start.
2. The boots do seem to make a difference in the damage I do. I have done the +3 boots, but since the entire build is based off spell power, these help more than hurt.
3. This is the item that turns the tables. Once you have this your damage, if you have 20 stacks on your Soulstealer, will be about 400 on your attacks following a Hate. Not to mention your Hate doing 400+.
4. If the game is still going you will need health, and the slow makes it so people dont escape your wrath.
5. If you get this, they should fear you. At this point your ravages can do over 800 damage, your melee will do upwords of 700, and your Hates are breaking 750, if you ravaged from beind. It doesnt take a scientist to see that this means before your stun ends you can do over 3k damage.
6. I have only had 1 game ever go so long as to have me buy BV at the end but it makes you invicible coming out of stealth to those huge stuns. Bascially garanteeing you 2 kills in a 5 man fight.

Now, about summoner skills.
I take teleport and Ghost. Why? Simple. I gank the entire match, and I like to have the other team worrying about where I am. Teleport makes this possible. If you have a Teemo on your team also, its GG because anywhere you see a hero solo, you are there and they are dead.
Ghost is for multiple reasons. Makes it so almost noone can get away without throwing exhaust on you, and sometimes causes heroes to waste exhaust when it doesnt do them any good. It also makes getting away a garantee cause it does stack with her Ult. I have only ever been ran down by a Yi with his ult up and he had Phantom. Also since you can ghost in Stealth, I find that very useful for getting behind people who know I am around but cant react fast enough.
And to answer the question posted earlier in the thread, if you time your run you can negate the effect of Oracle by using Ghost and bursting in on them right after they cast a skill or after a auto-attack depending on the champion.
I have found Eve to be by far the most fun champ for me in the game, even though she is squishy. You just have to use her as a glass cannon and be everywhere at once. I havent had a game where my Kills were less than triple to quad my deaths, with my average being somewhere around 15/3/10.
Just pick your battles and youll come out ahead.

Almighty1

12-22-2009

Good guide, but for the items I usually go:
1a. Regrowth Pendant
1b. Philosopher's Stone
2. Boots of Swiftness
3. Sheen
4. Mejai's Soulstealer OR Lich Bane (If I'm not doing too well)
5. The one you didn't get in 4
6. Rylai's Sceptre
7. Nashor's Tooth OR Zhonya's Ring - The game usually ends before you finish this item
8. Zhonya's Ring

I use Teleport and Ignite for my summoner skills.

P.S. There's no point in feinting if you can just check your opponent's inventory.
P.S.S. Is it just me or do you get satisfaction from killing people blue pilling in bushes?

My record from 5-6 games so far with Eve is 12-3-16

a huevo

12-26-2009

Why do you choose armor penetration marks? wouldn't make more sense magic penetration marks?

Phoxly

12-28-2009

This guide is the BEST guide ever. Best build, best items to use, pure epicness. I followed it to a tee and went 3-0-10 (Got KS'd alot, but Meja's didn't care)

Great guide, 5/5.

Ruibarian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2009

OK... I'm pretty high in the ELO brackets, and I've seen a lot of people hating on eve in high level play. This is absolutely incorrect.

I played DotA for 6 years+ before coming to LoL, and to define this game, you need to break up champions into certain roles. You have 2 people who are going to dish out a ton of damage, 2 people who are going to CC the **** out of them, and one person to start it all. Eve is the starter, the engage, and getting oracle or wards only takes away her engage. Sure, she isn't as good as most other CC's, but she does have a single target stun even if she doesn't have the stealth. Furthermore, early game you force your laning opponents to spend 300 gold on a ward. THAT'S A HUGE WAD OF CASH. 300 gold is about 15 minions kills setback, which can really help you early game. And if they do go the ward route, if you notice, you can counter it with an elixir yourself, forcing them to go for an elixir or letting you stealth. So either you're down 100 gold, or they are out 700 gold from the start. It's a money battle, and if you get your allies to get a good gank in right when they get the elixir, you will win that battle. People often forget that farming is a huge deal in this game, which is one of the reasons Smite is SO underrated. Anyway, I'm done ranting. Evelynn is a very DIFFICULT champion to work with, and you're going to struggle with her. But she has multiple target damage, CC, and survivability with stealth. She is an annoying hero to deal with, and in the right hands, she can be devastating to your gold pool.

ChocMilk

01-01-2010

Great Guide and hats off for taking your time to show Evelynn like this. I was reading through and noticed your skill build contradicts your jungling early game stealing golem from warwick. Your first skill isn't to get stealth, yet you said you like to stealth first and steal golem with smite. Do you only get stealth first when you see a a jungler on the opposing team? Was just confused, if someone already posted about this sorry for reposting, I didnt feel like reading through all the posts lol

Kazius

01-01-2010

Hey Mr. Cygnus, it's good to see you still have found some time to play games : ) I remember you saying in an audio a long while back that you were quitting wc due to time constraint. Anyway I think it's pretty sweet that you are playing this game too now. I was ranked highly in wc ladder ( names: JV] or P0L0) as well but quit that due to the game breaking down with drop hacks and just generally dieing imo. Nice guide and i also enjoy using this hero, reminds me somewhat of blademaster perhaps seeing as how i was orc. Keep up the good work man good to hear from you, make some LoL audios heh, your WC audios were always entertaining as much as they were informative.