[Guide] Evelynn the widowmaker - Advanced guide for Experts

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2xHero

12-10-2009

With some of the recent changes, I have been trying a lot of new items.

I build Haunting Guise instead of Philosopher's because the -CD and Magic Pen are just too valuable for Evelynn. The regen is a little weaker, but the other benefits more than make up for it.

I still have not settled on what boots are most useful. It does depend somewhat on the matchup. Sorcs and Haunging Guise together make a lot of Magic Pen. But, Boots of Mobility make it a lot easier to get across the map without teleport. I am also going to test getting the Nimbleness defensive mastery and building Ninja Tabi. I don't expect that to be incredible useful, but it might make a bigger difference early game than Sorcs.

The new Mejai's is a bit disappointing since it takes a lot longer to get close to the AP bonus of old Mejai's, it sets you backward if you die, and it does not give mana on kills. The last part really hurts. I have been trying Void Staff and Deathfire Grasp. They are useful, but it's not the same as old Mejai's.

Degini

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nether View Post
Cygnus is a legend. Great to see he's playing LoL <3
First war3 shoutout 4 pages in..

Yes, props to my fav reply commentator.

Alleria86

12-11-2009

Heya!

Playing Eve still as much as before (100+ games), there are some things I want to point out.

Narshor's tooth is, to my mind, a very bad choice. Why? Because if you go for it, it means that you will get Rylai later (and at this point of the game, you need AP for sure, but also HP and a slow, Rylai giving you both), and Zhorya will arrive later as well (and it's your most powerful item). Every time I've taken Narhor's, I felt a slow down in my ganking abilities, whereas when I skip it, I keep shining.

On the boots now. I've tried boots of mobility, and I love them.
It allows you to gang everywhere on the map very early and very fast. I don't feel like I need boots of swiftness anymore. I feel like I get more kills with boots of mobility than I lose because of not having boots of swiftness.

For Mejai, as the other people, I'm very disapointed. We have lost 140AP for 1800 gold: 2nd best AP, and best price item of the game... You have to be more careful with the new Mejai (and yet, your role is sometimes to be not careful, you sometimes have to jump on someone at the tower because if you kill him you will be safe, it worthes the try; with the new Mejai, it doesn't), and you don't get back your mana; however, with boots of mobility, I found it by far easier to rampage across the map, TP to the base, and rampage again.
I'm still making Mejai, but I'm seriously thinking about either skiping it or replacing it. It's a good item if you are owning, but if the ennemy team is winning, it's 1435 gold wasted, and you would have needed this gold to buy something useful and to maybe take back the advantage.

Alleria86

12-11-2009

Why do you take armor penetration runes as red marks and not magic penetration or AP ?

Ragura

12-12-2009

I would also assume magic penetration runes (highest for marks) would be the better option, seeing as how our physical attacks are only a very small part of the damage. Is this for the Lich Bane proc effect (if it even counts as physical)?

i am Anjo

12-12-2009

Whai am I so hawt

http://yfrog.com/j392851447j

John Q Public

12-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGxYuBin View Post
cuz u lost 37 games, left 6, have one friend and took a screenshot of how awesome ur level 14 elo matchup is.

Lotus Du Couteau

12-16-2009

Wow really nice guide

Silnt Soulvenom

12-18-2009

what exactly are your runes setups.... i play to play eve all the time and am skilled at playing her but im only lvl 13 what do you suggesnt my runes be?

Silnt Soulvenom

12-18-2009

is tehre a alternative to mejais now?