[Guide] Evelynn the widowmaker - Advanced guide for Experts

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrCygnus

12-04-2009

D-AMN IT, <--- really weak word for filter guys : \ ...... i totally had this huge awesome update i did that now i have to s**** because of the patch. But in the long run i think that it is a good thing.

Also i will read all the comments i have missed the past couple weeks as i have been busy with classes and labs. Thanks all for the realy awesome comments, i will read them all soon and post.

Good luck with EVE till then!

t00ey

12-04-2009

Great guide I've been playing Evelynn for awhile before I used this guide and I was doing really poorly. I just finished playing 3 games after reading the guide and although I lost 2 of them it is definitely the best I have done with her. Anyway I have a quick question I am about to hit level 20 and I am wondering what Quintessence you would suggest using?

Turbanatemydolly

12-04-2009

This guide is...ridiculous...it's The ultimately unchallenged Symbol of DISRESPECT...to GODLINESS OF COURSE! I don't know where you were born dude but when Satan takes over the Earth and the LoL servers I know who I'll call to for help on how to OWN HIS ***! OUTSTANDING Guide! took care off every little pinpricks that brought Eve down.IF you read this and carefully pay attention along with a bit of experience you can easily get 15-0 even if you're new! I take my hat off to you (I got that hat from Fate..7 times )

railspider

12-06-2009

Anyone using Deathfire Grasp in this build now? Maybe dumping Nashor's Tooth?

I've found the extra burst damage to be amazing as an opener after E.

Thoughts?

NAgelFar

12-06-2009

Great guide! Got 707 AP with Eve in a game last night, that's what I call an goddess on the field!

Wyrven

12-06-2009

http://img39.imageshack.us/i/lolgm.png/

Great guide went 33-3. Lost because of 2 leavers ='(

TheOddOne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-06-2009

I've been using your guide for a while (month + I believe) and most of my success with Evelyn originated from most of your guide. Though personally I think the mid-late game part either assumes too much like being too rich and the enemy targets could depend on the game. But aside from that, I follow the smite/ignite,item build,early game and most of the masteries (not level 30 though) to the letter.

Few suggestions: Since mejai is now the most useless item in the game (I believe if someone got it now, over 75% of kills would get away because of the void in items), I'd recommend having grasp in it's place. Though you'd probably have to remove naishors as an item and replace it with a earlier rylai or a banshee as usually killing power isn't a problem mid game with grasp/sorcs/philstone/lichbane but rather getting debuffed/hit during a fight. Also one part of your item build I disagree with is getting the sorc boot upgrade from boots that early. Even before it's 33 ap to magic pen change, I prefered to get my next big item (mejai/grasp) rather than upgrade to sorc boots after my phil stone. Though I'd get the sorc boots before my sheen but after my philstone/boots/grasp.

You could also have a 'suggested allies' list if you have time (for premade duos/trios etc), as Evelyn can be only marginally effective with certain people but completely dominant with heroes like TF.

Anyway, I'm not sure how she'd fare against real(not the bad ones) premades but I've simply been dominating since the new Grasp came and I think my record with Evelyn since has been 11-1(non prac) mostly duo/solo queueing. And I'm against 'high level' ELO people considering I was 341st or so in the last top 500 list. So yes your guide is good.

Fuertisimo

12-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by railspider View Post
Anyone using Deathfire Grasp in this build now? Maybe dumping Nashor's Tooth?

I've found the extra burst damage to be amazing as an opener after E.

Thoughts?
I havent been able to play too much since the patch but this is what I've switched up to:

Regrowth Pendant----> philosophers stone
Boots----> sorc shoes
Kages Pick----> Deathfire Grasp
Sheen----> Lich Bane

then Zhonyas/rylais/void staff/abyssal scepter/nashors/whatever

I find the mana regen from Deathfire grasp to only partially make up for the missing mana regen from the old soulstealer, but the extra burst from the active ability is pretty nice.

The biggest problem I have is actually pulling off the combo, its become a mess of buttons I need to be pressing very quickly. If my summoner spells are up I try and hit with stealth for the stun, then deathfire active ability, then ravage, then ignite and exhaust, then start spamming pain spike.

I can't tell you how many times I've messed up my opening combo since I've had to incorporate the deathfire active into it. I was actually chasing once and mashing 1 instead of q and thinking I was just out of range for pain spike. Hero made it all the way to the tower before I realized my mistake and I died .

Biggest issue I'm having trouble with really though is mid game mana. Without the soulstealer I'm having to spend a lot more time portaling back to base to get a mana pool.

Fuertisimo

12-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyrven View Post
http://img39.imageshack.us/i/lolgm.png/

Great guide went 33-3. Lost because of 2 leavers ='(
Frustrating, don't feel so bad though I had a game where I went 42-3 and we lost because my teammates were so unfreakingbelievably bad.

mortor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2009

Yeah i just went 19/0 with EVE. Great guide!