Vlad build questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kesmah

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2011

So I just started playing Vlad and I was curious how tanky he should be built.

Typically I am doing boots 3x pots -> Hextech Revolver -> CD boots -> Deathcap -> Rylai's
->situational

What are other recommended items?

Abyssal Scepter?
I tried Hourglass and that was ok, but the active felt kind of useless considering I had flash and pool.

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2011

Don't discount the Hourglass so readily. Pool, wait 2 seconds, Hourlgass, wait 2 more seconds, and Pool again is sure to tick off the enemy if they try focusing you. Abyssal Sceptre is a good choice for MR since you have to be so close to use your abilities that you'll have the aura debuffing them every time you go in for damage. You can count Will of the Ancients under survivability if you want, too, which I'm assuming you build eventually.

Alternatively to Deathcap, you could try a Warmog's. You won't get as much AP out of it, but you'll get more HP and it has great synergy with your Tides of Blood's stacks. This item will let you run around and spam Tides to keep it at max stacks without losing any HP for doing so, and it buffs all the healing you'd do. The choice between Deathcap and Warmog's will be if you want more nuke potential or more sustained potential though and will change from game to game.

kirbyism

10-22-2011

I build an awesome tanky vlad. Alternative to spell vamp as with full stacks E, theres really no point in that extra vamp and that tankiness will make up for lost heal.
Dorans shield or boots, depending on lane.
Haunting guise for the mag pen, merc treads, rylais, deathcap, zhonyas, abbysals, then sell guise for warmogs and change merc into sorc late.
This will ensure 4.5k plus hp, over 700 AP and over 100 armor and magic res. Not to mention ur 4 secs immunity from zhonyas and pool.

Skilltestingman

10-22-2011

my usual build goes as this:

sorc (if not mercs)
WotA
Deathcap
Spirit visage
Rylais
{situational)