@RiotNome Is Tankadin really getting possible nerfs next patch?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TEEAHMAT TOOSDEY

07-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Dominion was the impetus for a lot of the upcoming Yorick, Kassadin, and Urgot changes, yes. I didn't make these changes myself though--that's the domain of live team in general. But yes, we'll be keeping Dominion balance in mind now.
Oh hell yea.

aToasterStrudel

07-13-2012

Quote:
Dominion was the impetus for a lot of the upcoming Yorick, Kassadin, and Urgot changes, yes. I didn't make these changes myself though--that's the domain of live team in general. But yes, we'll be keeping Dominion balance in mind now.
This is the best post on earth. Thank you nome.

Frychikn

07-13-2012

Quote:
thats horrible.

oh X champion is a litte too good in dominion and just about right in SR(you know the mode that is played in all the big tournaments, the mode that all the pro players stream, you know, the mode thats played the most?) but since hes too good in dominion we're gonna nerf him in SR just cus.

yea makes so much sense mang.

Rebel Dragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-13-2012

Quote:
AAALLL the cookiesssssss

Talith PA

07-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frychikn View Post
thats horrible.

oh X champion is a litte too good in dominion and just about right in SR(you know the mode that is played in all the big tournaments, the mode that all the pro players stream, you know, the mode thats played the most?) but since hes too good in dominion we're gonna nerf him in SR just cus.

So you build mana tank kassadin on SR? Or do you build AP?

Tortferngatr

07-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frychikn View Post
thats horrible.

The goal of the Kassadin change was to avoid affecting his most potent SR playstyle (or buffing it) while nerfing his most potent Dominion playstyle.

Just because Riot's throwing bones at us doesn't mean Riot plans on hurting the largest mode in the game-they'll be careful to ensure that any changes made to balance Dominion only nerf champions on the modes where they're too powerful.

The goal of future Urgot and Yorick changes is to ensure balance in all modes of the game, since Riot also notes that they're problems on Summoner's Rift. Because of that, changes to them will attempt to make sure they're balanced on both Dominion and Summoner's Rift.

Ikruti

07-15-2012

Nome, that is incredible news. Thank you for sharing

IronAegis

07-17-2012

I..wow

Palladine

07-17-2012

Quote:
*shakes out a Lulu hat full of cupcakes into this thread*

I honestly never really figured out how to correctly execute the tanky Kassadin build, so whenever I play him I usually go CDR + AP with Athenes, Deathcap and Voidstaff.

Seems like this change will make that stronger. Hmmm.

DramaticBear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-18-2012

It will at least kill his finishing power. His mobility will still end up being a nightmare, though.