AP Wriggles

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Diovox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-13-2012

I play pretty much only Ap champs. i think they are more fun for some reason or another however i am getting tired of always wasting gold on wards. they are absolutely necessary to win games. I would love to see an item created for ap champs with the similar stats as the Wriggles Lantern but with Spell Vamp and Ability Power and the cool ward active on it. Would really improve the game all around.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-13-2012

Or...

buy a GP10 item. That's 90 gold every 3 minutes, free wards.

Ask Gangplank

07-13-2012

Riot already said they don't like mirror items, and if you really need to buy wards, getting a Kage's is enough to buy a ward every 3 min.

EDIT: Pretty much what the guy above me said.

XCodes

07-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diovox View Post
i am getting tired of always wasting gold on wards. they are absolutely necessary to win games.
...that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

axesandspears

07-13-2012

If wards are a waste to you, then don't buy them.

ANguyen361

07-15-2012

qq less when a jungler ganks you in lane because you wont buy words.

canadiangreen

07-17-2012

its a decent idea but there are way around it plus if you playing say an ap carry its not to hard to get away in mid lane if you get ganked with how close the towers are if you play your laneing phase right.

Dmitri212

07-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Gangplank View Post
Riot already said they don't like mirror items, and if you really need to buy wards, getting a Kage's is enough to buy a ward every 3 min.

EDIT: Pretty much what the guy above me said.
Did you just say that Riot doesnt like to mirror items??

B.F. sword and Needlessly large rod

Pickaxe and blasting wand

Infinity edge and death cap

frozen mallet and crystal scepter

last whisper and void staff

black clever and malady

manamune and archangels staff

most of the items in this game are mirrored. Personally I think that there should be an ap version of wriggles lantern. I dont want it for the wards (although they are a nice touch). No, I want it for the jungle factor. Wriggles is almost a must have for all junglers, it gives good armor against monsters, gives a sight ward, allows a jungler to have some sustain with the life steal, and last it gives you a 25% chance to do alot of damage to the monsters.

I want this item in ap because when I play evelyn I play her as an ap jungler. It would be nice to have an item that would give me armor, spell vamp, and ap instead of having to buy wriggles for the jungling and "wasting" money on Attack damage and life steal.

JustMyBassCannon

07-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri212 View Post
Did you just say that Riot doesnt like to mirror items??

B.F. sword and Needlessly large rod

Pickaxe and blasting wand

Infinity edge and death cap

frozen mallet and crystal scepter

last whisper and void staff

black clever and malady

manamune and archangels staff
BF/NLR/Pick/Wand are just as much copies of each other as they are of Chain Vest, Negatron Cloak, Cloak of Agility, Giant's Belt, Sapphire Crystal and Longbow. EXTREMELY OBVIOUS HINT: They're not. Every stat has a base item so that it can build into others. They are not "copies" of each other.

Infinity Edge vs Deathcap: No, these are not copies of each other. While they are the systemic equivalents of each other, they are not mirrors.

Mallet vs Scepter: No, these are not copies either. Want to know the difference? One is survivability and damage with a slow that helps offensively and defensively, and the other is survivability, a slow that helps more offensively than defensively, and some damage tacked on.

Whisper vs Void Staff: Okay, yes, these two are similar enough to call mirrors. However, they both are NECESSARY mirror items. Without them, AP and AD could not beat fully built tanks ever.

Cleaver vs Malady: Umm...Well, I guess they're close enough too. But again, they're a necessity.

Manamune vs Archangel's: Also mirrors, also necessary.

Riot does not directly mirror two items without them being necessary. Even when they do, like in the case of Mallet and Scepter, they don't usually end up being used in the same scenarios, or having the same effect.

I'm glad you didn't go so far as to call Madred's Bloodrazor and Deathfire Grasp mirrors, but all the same, you either picked items that weren't mirrors, or were necessary mirrors. Wriggles is not to be mirrored, because (a) AP junglers don't need help with their jungle speed/sustain, and (b) AP can use 3 of the GP10s, while AD usually only can use 1, maybe 2 if they scale with Ghostblade or want Randuin's for some odd reason.

Dmitri212

07-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post
BF/NLR/Pick/Wand are just as much copies of each other as they are of Chain Vest, Negatron Cloak, Cloak of Agility, Giant's Belt, Sapphire Crystal and Longbow. EXTREMELY OBVIOUS HINT: They're not. Every stat has a base item so that it can build into others. They are not "copies" of each other.

Infinity Edge vs Deathcap: No, these are not copies of each other. While they are the systemic equivalents of each other, they are not mirrors.

Mallet vs Scepter: No, these are not copies either. Want to know the difference? One is survivability and damage with a slow that helps offensively and defensively, and the other is survivability, a slow that helps more offensively than defensively, and some damage tacked on.

Whisper vs Void Staff: Okay, yes, these two are similar enough to call mirrors. However, they both are NECESSARY mirror items. Without them, AP and AD could not beat fully built tanks ever.

Cleaver vs Malady: Umm...Well, I guess they're close enough too. But again, they're a necessity.

Manamune vs Archangel's: Also mirrors, also necessary.

Riot does not directly mirror two items without them being necessary. Even when they do, like in the case of Mallet and Scepter, they don't usually end up being used in the same scenarios, or having the same effect.

I'm glad you didn't go so far as to call Madred's Bloodrazor and Deathfire Grasp mirrors, but all the same, you either picked items that weren't mirrors, or were necessary mirrors. Wriggles is not to be mirrored, because (a) AP junglers don't need help with their jungle speed/sustain, and (b) AP can use 3 of the GP10s, while AD usually only can use 1, maybe 2 if they scale with Ghostblade or want Randuin's for some odd reason.
I will definitely agree with you that they are not exact mirrors, I do want to say that they are more like fraternal twins. They don't look exactly alike, but they do have very similar qualities.

Also with they AP wriggles version, I never said i would want it to be an exact mirror. I just wanted an item that resembled wriggles, but for ap junglers instead. Actually it doesnt even need to have the same abilities as wriggles, I am overall looking for an ap item that will give me armor as well. and the only item in the ENTIRE game that gives both ap and armor is the hour glass...and that is wayyyy to expensive to buy untill late game.

and yes, while two of the four gold items are designed for ap champions (lucky pick and philosophers stone) the pick is the only item that is really useful for an ap jungler (lucky pick). the other item is meant for an ap support. the other two items (heart of gold and Avarice Blade) are meant to be the other items fraternal twins. The blade for AD champions, and the heart o' gold for tanks.