LF smiteless udyr jungling guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkenDragon

09-05-2010

I know theres a udyr jungling guide out there that doesnt require smite, but I cant seem to find it, does anyone know the key to it? is it the order of mobs to kill or is it based purly on runes and masteries? I cant seem to figure it out

the only way I can seem to fight them is if I start laning and then jungle after I get about 2 or 4 levels or once I get razors

MrZann

09-05-2010

Also interested in hearing this

Eppa

09-05-2010

Why do you want to jungle without smite? It's probably possible but it will be very slow.

IS1ebe60507d910496d5f37

09-05-2010

Don't do it. It's so slow that it's not worth it.

NSA Datalord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gift View Post
Don't do it. It's so slow that it's not worth it.
Keeping in mind that the primary purpose of jungling is to get someone else levelled up faster, as long as you can catch up at some point it could be worth it. Especially late game when that smite is practically worthless, but an extra exhaust/flash/ignite is golden.

If I had to wager a guess, a smiteless udyr jungling guide would be red elixir + red pots, starting at small golems. Probably with ignite to use on the wraith the first time you do that camp. Training order something like.. R > W > E > Q.

fELonius1

09-05-2010

Jungling Udyr without smite is pretty easy as long as you have a full page of attackspeed runes except for some CDR glyphs. It will be slow until you finish madreds razors, and you have to prioritize turtle first. You'll also need to get 21 in the defense tree, and take ignite for the blue wraith. You start with turtle at the 2 golem camp, either cloth armor and 5 hp pots or a long sword and a pot. Kill htem, go to wraiths, ignite hte big one, then kill wolves. I'm honestly not sure if you'll be able ot kill the golem before getting madreds.

That said, I do NOT recommend jungling udyr without smite. With it, he is one of hte fastest junglers in the game. Without it, he is SLOW. The idea with Udyr is to get to level 4 ASAP where you'll have golem, lizard, and a point in bear. That means easy ganks if the other team is extended past halfway in their lane. I don't really see the point of jungling any champ without smite. The leveling advantage it provides you is much more valuable than having some other summoner spell, ESPECIALLY on Udyr... the #1 most important one for him is ghost, anything else is meh. Might as well go with smite so you can keep up with the solos and gank early. Taking smite also allows you to go 9/0/21, which will be useful the whole game, whereas x/21/x is only useful for the first 15 minutes.

Bssil

09-05-2010

Do not jungle without smite.

reverseshades

09-05-2010

I level as fast as mid lane without smite as uydr and SEVERAL other champions. It would benefit us all to be open to idea's and concepts we don't know or don't understand. And prehaps i'll make my smiteless guides someday but i'm lazy tbh. While please don't mistake as some form as bragging as of which it is not. In the humblest way possible , I'm just pointing out that there are at least 10+ champions who CAN jungle and level as fast as mid lane or at least side lane. W/o any elixirs or smite.

And for the record, Uydr can get golem(blue) at level 1 without smite and level as FAST as mid lane....

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/1171/41059048.jpg , If you still don't believe me , feel free to message me ingame

DayInTheSun

09-05-2010

You are gimping your team if you are jungling without smite with Udyr.

UknowsI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2010

Bare in mind that I'm not high level, in fact only level 23, but I prefer to jungle Udyr without smite these days. Ignite + flash is so good for ganking, so that's what I use. I find smite to be quite useless after the first 5 minutes except for stealing buffs. Jungling without smite is easy if you use defensive mastery tree, but I'm not able to do it efficiently with the utility tree. From my understanding, the physical armour masteries, the dodge masteries and the damage reduction masteries are most important for jungling. My runes are not that good for jungling, so I wont give any tips on that.

I buy cloth armour and 5 pots and start with phoenix stance. With this you can easily take down the ancient golem at level 1 with ignite and continue with wolves and wraith. My only problem is the lizard. I either have to recall back or wait a bit for regeneration to do it safely. With higher level/better runes you will probably be able to take the lizard straight away.

It's true that I come to level 4 slower or with less HP. But when I attack I run in and stun. Hit with phoenix stance they will start running but if they get away I flash over them to block their way and then stun them. Depending on how much HP they have you put in an ignite somewhere. In most situation this is a very safe gank, and ignite helps quite a lot, especially if there are healers involved. I feel like I get paid back for my slightly slower start the first time my ignite help me gank a target, and after you get razors I find smite to be pretty much obsolete.