@RIOT, why does every new ability need to do 10 million things?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

a4mad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2012

I've noticed a trend in newer champs, most of their move set do several different things.
Jayce = do i have to explain this one?
Draven = knock-aside + slow, movespeeed and attack speed buff that resets wiht a bouncing axe minigame
Darius = On hit attack and movespeed slow that lowers cd based on prior hits, AoE pull that gives passive armor pen, single target nuke ult that resets on kill and scales with prior auto attacks
Varus = Auto attack steriod that can be proc'ed on enemy's to deal damage based on spells cast, AoE nuke slow with healing reduction, long range skillshot snare that spreads

I could go on for almost every recent champ. Why? why does every champ need to have a whole bunch of ability's with side effects? Is it just to make them more interesting to play? To sell more? I mean complex ability's are fine and all, but why does every single new champ need it? It doesn't even raise their skill cap most of the time, it just makes it so newer champs are harder to balance due to all their side effects.

Sn0wY

07-12-2012

so you spend $15 on the new champion and their skins, and in 4 weeks they will nerf him into the ground and release another one just like it.

BabeeCakez

07-12-2012

Well, would you rather have

q- Does damage
w- speed up
e- aoe damage in cone
r- big nuke aoe

Alphazonex

07-12-2012

Because its awesome.

C0py Ninja

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn0wY View Post
so you spend $15 on the new champion and their skins, and in 4 weeks they will nerf him into the ground and release another one just like it.
For a gold you are pretty dumb, when is the last time this has happened?

OGZ Poptart Cat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2012

We need to add moar champs with multiple abilities. We lack a ton of em.

a4mad

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabeeCakez View Post
Well, would you rather have

q- Does damage
w- speed up
e- aoe damage in cone
r- big nuke aoe
if i was a new player who just joined this game, yes i would. Note that newer champs aren't even particularly difficult to play, just over complicated,

Vriska Serket

07-12-2012

because they are more fun.
They have a LOT of older champs that have simple abilities *wukong, annie* so ether they rehash some old ones or add a bunch of cool ways to get off those abilities.
I prefer the latter.

Iamgonnatroll

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn0wY View Post
Yeah I agree, I mean just look at Sejua... I mean Volib... Wait you remember Vikto... nvm

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAKE

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm6776 View Post
for a gold you are pretty dumb, when is the last time this has happened?
Attachment 485907