Ap Yi

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valygar

07-12-2012

If you're playing AP yi 3v3 don't start with a f*cking dorans ring, get BOOTS SO YOU CAN LIVE

you'll just die EASILY and get snowballed

such a stupid decision that costs the whole game

Axil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2012

ummm but you get 15 ap and hpand regen lol boots just give movement speed.. nty

Razormaul

07-13-2012

Why is ap yi the only champion that needs to start with boots?

shnevz

07-13-2012

I don't know why this is a discussion on just AP Yi... there's a reason no one starts dorans anymore.

Realyst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-13-2012

Why is there an AP Yi in a 3v3 match in the first place?

Uncle Jellyfish

07-14-2012

Actually, it depends on how smart your AP Yi is. If he's using Alpha Strike on minions to harass the enemy, then by all means, start with a Ring for the AP and MP/5. If he's Alpha Striking right on top of the enemy champions (which he shouldn't be doing at the start of the game, anyways), then boots might be the more viable option. Yi has one of the highest base move speeds in the game (330), and if you take the movement masteries, it's upped a tad bit more, meaning that he should live just fine assuming he plays smartly.

However, as the poster above me said, why bother playing AP Yi when AD Yi in TT works so much better?

I Haz Waffle

Recruiter

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Jellyfish View Post
Actually, it depends on how smart your AP Yi is. If he's using Alpha Strike on minions to harass the enemy, then by all means, start with a Ring for the AP and MP/5. If he's Alpha Striking right on top of the enemy champions (which he shouldn't be doing at the start of the game, anyways), then boots might be the more viable option. Yi has one of the highest base move speeds in the game (330), and if you take the movement masteries, it's upped a tad bit more, meaning that he should live just fine assuming he plays smartly.

However, as the poster above me said, why bother playing AP Yi when AD Yi in TT works so much better?
Or why play yi at all?

PurpleURP

07-15-2012

the problem isn't starting item, it's that you are ap yi

Ark Angel HFB

07-16-2012

yeah someone said something about ap yi so I felt the need to drop by... but I see others have cleared things up nicely so I'll take my leave...

carry on...