Ability Remake: Twitch, the Plague Rat

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Circas

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticOblivion View Post
This is interesting.

This feels like a buff, but playing him would be very different, especially if your fighting against him and he gets fed.

P.S. He's still ad right?
I hope the "P.S." was not a serious question.

Necromoni

07-15-2012

Jungling as twitch just got better!

RedTiberius

07-15-2012

Twitch's range was just a bit shorter then a caster minions with the patch it should bring it back closer to its original range

devo21an

07-15-2012

Never bought Twitch, mainly because of the wait to reach full attack speed buff on stealth. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go get 3150 IP.

Duodin

07-15-2012

sweeet! finally the DoT twitch I always wanted!!!

Duodin

07-15-2012

I approve riot....sounds like twitch is less AD scale and more poison crwod control...will be fun!

fodj123

07-15-2012

why do you want to change it he's perfect like he is not to agressive not to defensive easily killable with surprising vision ward or oracle. Twitch is my favorite champion and i think all of is ability are perfect for the kind of play you cant have with any other champions. please make another champion do not change it.

fodj123

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOCUSMYHEAD View Post
what a load of bullshît. why don't you be honest with us and admit that you removed stealth because it was a noob killer. even at 900 ELO i have never laned against players that were incapable of buying pink wards to counter twitch. this "rework" is aimed at the dumbest 60% of lol players that get murked by stealth because they have zero intuition or map awareness.

"more aggressive role"?? give me a fuking break. name one other ad carry that wanders the enemy jungle alone looking for assassination targets.

"fun, fast-paced experience"?? bullshît. twitch's laning did not involve invisibility, ever. his lane opponents bought a pink ward early on and the laning mechanics were pretty much identical to other ad carries. and what is fun and fast-paced about normal botlane mechanics? it's a boring farm fest with a permawarded river to ensure the junglers can never interfere. if anything, twitch's high risk, high reward MIAs were fun and fast paced when compared to the usual graves bullshît

removing the 20 second+ stealth from twitch completely changes what he is as a champion. id rather see a big red X over his face in champ select with "NOOB KILLER" in red text than have some other horrible champion mechanic put in his place with the same skin.

this is like if you "reworked" darius and made him a mage with an aoe heal for ultimate. fukking gross bullshît to appease lowskillers
completely agree with you

AHugeFeeder

07-15-2012

I have been playing twitch since he cost 6300 IP. I like the patch that hope makes him less countered by thornmail,but try to check up on him because i will cry if the remake ends up being a nerf. Be careful, you are playing with poison!

Spawnpk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2012

I like MOST twitch players have been raging about the new changes to ambush.. not so much the other changes... well i still am and this is why!!!

read the changes first then comments at bottom so i can explain a few things

Ok guys after many hours trolling through the forums and the PBE forums i have found and correlated this information for all... (please correct me if i have anything wrong):
Armor Per Level decreased to 3 from 3.3
Base health regen decreased to 1 from 1.02
Health regen per level decreased to 0.12 from 0.13
Base AD decreased to 47 from 51.56
AD per level decreased to 3 from 3.15
Attack Range changed to 550 from 500
Base mana increased to 220 from 180
Mana per level increased to 40 from 35
Base mana regen increased to 1.3 from 1.29
Base health increased to 389 from 356
Health per level increased to 81 from 78

Deadly Venom
REDUCED from 2.5/5/7.5/10 to 2/4/6/8

Ambush
Changeed from:
After 1.25 seconds, Twitch becomes stealthed for 10 / 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 seconds. If Twitch attacks a unit while Stealthed, he gains 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 / 70 % attack speed for up to 10 seconds, depending on how long he was stealthed before attacking. cooldown 11 seconds

to:
After 1.25 seconds, Twitch becomes stealthed for 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 seconds and gains a 20% speed boost for its duration. Twitch gains 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 / 70 % attack speed for 3 seconds after coming out of stealth. cooldown 16 seconds

Debilitating Poison
Changed from:
Slows nearby enemy champions' move speed by 30% plus 6% per stack of Deadly Venom they have for 2 / 2.6 / 3.2 / 3.8 / 4.4 seconds.

Into a new skill: Venom Cask
Twitch hurls a (slow moving skill shot) cask of venom that explodes on contact, slowing targets in the area by 25/30/35/40/45% for 3 seconds and applying 2 stacks of Deadly Venom. cooldown 13/12/11/10/9

Expunge
Changed from:
Deals 30 / 60 / 90 / 120 / 150 (+100% of ability power) magic damage to each nearby poisoned enemy, plus 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 additional damage per stack of Deadly Venom applied to them Consuming all stacks. 8 Second cooldown

into:
Deals 20 / 35 / 50 / 65 / 80 (+100% of ability power + 25% of bonus attack damage) PHYSICAL damage to each nearby poisoned enemy, plus 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 additional damage per stack of Deadly Venom applied to them (DOES NOT CONSUME STACKS). Cooldown of 12/11/10/9/8

Spray and Prey
Changed from:
Twitch gains 15 / 25 / 35 attack damage and his attacks become long range line missiles for 12 seconds, dealing 100% damage and poisoning all enemies hit. During this duration, a maximum of 5 / 6 / 7 missiles can be fired.

into:
For 7 seconds twitch gains 300 Attack Range, 20/35/50 Attack Damage and his basic attacks become piercing bolts that deal 20% less damage to subsequent targets down to a minimum of 40%

Now these are some serious changes. Yes expunge looks bad that it actually got a decrease rather then a flat increase but you have to remember that it doesnt consume all the stacks now and is converted to Physical so yes it is a weak start and untill you get some armor pen and ad it will be weaker but in the long run will end up better...

Deadly venom has always been true damage so those out there questioning this is not a change... It has dropped in damage though just to make life a little harder! and it doesnt have a ratio so no you cant buff it!

venom cask the new skill is ok, but it really is a skillshot that boost the start of your skills and thats it! it isnt omni directional like debilitating poison but its k... just wish it went faster or left behind a pool.... but we can only hope riot looks at this...

Spray and Prey has become a double edged sword... Great that it lasts the full 7 seconds now but if your targets are in a line you will only do 40% to the 4th and subsequent target so it really can be the end of you...

Twitch did get an attack range boost which is great...about time but has taken a hit in both AD base and per level.. not huge but still there

Now the big one Ambush or whatever it could possibly be called now... SERIOUSLY RIOT WTF... at lvl 1 why would you bother... 4 sec stealth that gives a 20% movement boost to one of the slowest characters in the game down from 10 seconds.....now thats nuts!! and a standard 3 second attack speed bonus is.... interestingly short...but wait theres more... you now have to wait an additonal 5 seconds till you can stealth again... WOW....
at lvl one thats 4* the wait rather then being stealthed on a STEALTH CHARACTER!!! now at lvl 5 becous shurley they looked at it as being a good one at lvl 5 you now get an 8 Second... 2-1 ration for cooldown to active!!! and the highest level is shorter then the current lvl 1.....You guys have really taken what is a great character and a great mechanic and really screwed the pooch... im sorry but you have destroyed twitch for all those who have been loyal to him and loved him for so very very long!

PLEASE RIOT RETHINK THIS BEFORE YOU DO THIS!!!!!