Which Darius Build is best?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2012

I always start with boots+pros blade and 1 pot for windmill fight.

Then go with either:

a) AD+stuff.
Brutalizer
Hexdrinker
Phage
Upgrade to Entrophy
Upgrade to Maw
Sanguine Blade or whatever.

Great damage, but SLOW and kind of squishy.

b) TriForce
Rush Triforce
Get other stuff

Good damage, high burst, decent move speed!!!
Triforce kind of inefficient as mana,AP,AS,crit not really utilized heavily.

c) Tank
Aegis
chain
negatron
giant belt
Upgrade basic items to whatever's needed.
Upgrade belt to Frozen Mallet if ever get that far.

Fantastic Damage soak since everyone hates and focuses Darius. Still decent Ult damage.
BUT, still slow, bad non-ult damage, bad initiation, and requires a NON-RETARDED TEAM that actually sticks with you, follows you in, doesn't run off, doesnt engage right before you get there,etc.

Hamm3rhand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2012

What I do that works pretty well, and what most of the ones that i see generally go for goes like so:

- boots, pros blade, 2 pot start.
- build phage and finish whatever boots are appropriate
- build wardens mail piecemeal or buy giants belt (depending on gold amt when you go back)
- do the other one (also an option instead of wardens mail is glacial shroud, depending on which end armor you want)
- finish frozen mallet (not entropy...please...its just not worth it)
- either finish randuins omen or frozen heart
- build last whisper (can get this earlier if you aren't having survivability issues
- negatron cloak into force of nature. (again can do this earlier if against heavy ap)

i have a feeling thats only 5...if it is then i would probably just get a sanguine blade for extra damage. The idea of the build is that with last whisper and the passive from your E, you are going to be doing a lot of damage no matter what, so you just build survivability and tank stuff, which is needed because you have to have time to get 5 stacks onto different people so you can chain ults, and then you are also forcing a lot of people to fight with you when you pull them to you, so you generally take a lot of damage.

0shi

07-12-2012

I'm pretty terrible with him, but my impression of the champion is pretty much creeping inevitable death, where you need to be able to eat quite a significant chunk of damage to put out your own dps.
With that in mind, I like:
* prospectors + boots
* tabi or mercs + aegis components
* aegis
* glacial shroud
* maw
* LW
* frozen heart

Occasionally throw a phage in there at some point, but you get the general idea - A good spread of resistances, decent health and items which also benefit your offence (Aegis only gives 8ad, admittedly, but its an amazing team item regardless. Glacial gives you CDR which translates decently into damage from Qs and more grip opportunities). LW is your big ticket damage item, imo.

Infirc

07-12-2012

he's so op that anything that's not being itemless and includes a phage somewhere will work on him, i think that he's so op that even ap darius+phage would work, not optimal and no scaling on anything but would work

IronAegis

07-12-2012

inb4 don't need items just faceroll

oh wait..

EpicPieGuy

08-13-2012

I mostly do this, mainly focusing on AD
1. Long sword and one potion then build up to phage
2. Whatever boots needed
3. A Blood thirster
4. A Infinity edge (Darius is fed when he gets his first double kill)
5. Frozen mallet
6. Phantom Dancer
7. Sword of the Ocult

Jaghut Tyrant

08-13-2012

Prospectors blade
Merc treads/Ninja Tabi
Phage
Maw
Mallet

...then situational items. I usually grab an armor item, unless the enemy team is lacking in threatening AD. If I'm already tanky enough, I go for damage.

Works great for me!

Note: sometimes it's better to buy the giants belt for Mallet, or even finish Mallet (if you're getting kited too much) before getting the Pickaxe for Maw or finishing Maw. Situational.

Shingston

Recruiter

08-13-2012

-Tanky item
-Tanky item
-Tanky item
-Tanky item
-Tanky item
-Tanky item

Do damage anyways.

FDru

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingston View Post
-Tanky item
-Tanky item
-Tanky item
-Tanky item
-Tanky item
-Tanky item

Do damage anyways.
Best build right here. Full tank, 20+ kills every game. Go Riot.

Volandum

08-13-2012

I see Talith just built Darius with Infinity Edge and Trinity Force. Wonder how that went.