Nasus Compendium, Collection of Builds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Coleman

11-06-2009

I main Nasus and I'm getting tired of looking up all my builds. Maybe other Nasus players are too, I built this for us, but also for anyone interested in trying Nasus.

General Tips
Soul Eater (Nasus's Passive) typically means you can ignore life steal items allowing more varried builds.
Last hitting with Siphoning Strike all game is vital and will greatly increase the rate you take down towers and champions in the late game.
More details about each build can be found by following the link.
My descriptions are just my own experiences with each build.
In any tank build consider selling a less expensive item for Warmog's Armor in very long games.
Sheen is a very powerful item for Nassus, when attemting your own builds consider giving it a try, in longer games it can upgrade to trinity force.

New/Tank Nasus from Lee HWAITING & Krald http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=19589

This is a very powerful build for people new to Nasus or even League of Legends for that matter.
Once you feel very comfortable with Nasus I recomend attempting other builds.

Mastery Build: 0/30/0
Summoner Spells: Cleanse/Teleport

Skill Build
1: Siphoning Strike
2: Spirit Fire
3: Spirit Fire
4: Wither
5: Spirit Fire
6: Fury of the Sands
7: Spirit Fire
8: Spirit Fire
9: Wither
10: Wither
11: Fury of the Sands
12: Wither
13: Wither
14: Siphoning Strike
15: Siphoning Strike
16: Fury of the Sands
17: Siphoning Strike
18: Siphoning Strike

Items
Doran's Shield + hp pot at start
Chalice of Harmony
Ninja Tabi (Fighter Defense) or Mercury's Treads (Mage Defense)
3x Heart of Gold (HoG)
Sell Doran's Shield, buy Sunfire Cape
Sell HoG, buy Aegis
Sell HoG, buy Sunfire Cape
Sell HoG, buy Banshee's Veil

Damage Nasus from SkarFaith
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=19464

Still has plenty of defensive power through Warmog's Armor.
Takes a long time to become built.
I find myself upgrading to trinity force earlier than recomended.

Mastery Build: 21/0/9
Summoner Spells: Ghost/Teleport

Skill Build
1: Spirit Fire
2: Siphoning Strike
4: Siphoning Strike
7: Siphoning Strike
8: Wither
9: Siphoning Strike
12: Siphoning Strike
14: Wither
15: Wither
17: Spirit Fire
18: Spirit Fire

Items
Meki Pendant -> Fiendish codex
Boots of Speed
Stinger
Boots of Speed -> Berserker's Greaves
Stinger -> Nashor's Tooth
Sheen
Warmog's Armor
Infinity Edge
Sheen -> Trinity force

Bloody Nasus from Jonas Sterling
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=22659

Outrageous lifesteal, we are talking 90%.
Very Specific, not New Player Friendly.
This build is very fun, but in the wrong hands it can go very wrong.
I highly recomend following the above link before you try this one.

Mastery Build: 21/0/9
Summoner Spells: Smite/Teleport

Skill Build
3: Siphoning Strike
5: Wither
8: Siphoning Strike
12: Spirit Fire
13: Siphoning Strike
17: Spirit Fire
18: Spirit Fire

Items
Start : Sapphire Crystal, Health Potion, and Mana Potion
900 G : Amplyfing Tome and a Vampiric Scepter
1500 G : Boots of Speed, Emblem of Valour, another Vampiric Scepter, and Sheen.
Boots of Speed -> Mercury's Threads
Emblem of Valour -> Stark's Fervor
Vampiric Scepter -> Bloodthirster
Bloodthirster
Infinity Edge or Last Whisper
Sheen -> Trinity Force

Balanced Nasus from Zero Control
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=22002

This build takes everything that Nasus is and makes it slightly better.
I like to take Flash and Teleport with this build.
Lack of specific directions may frustrate new players.

Mastery Build: All Work (I take 21/0/9 to more easily fall into Bloody or Damage if needed)
Summoner Spells: Your Choice

Skill Build
2: Wither
3: Siphoning Strike
4: Spirit Fire or Siphoning Strike
5: Spirit Fire or Siphoning Strike
7: Spirit Fire or Siphoning Strike
8: Spirit Fire or Siphoning Strike
9: Spirit Fire or Siphoning Strike
10: Spirit Fire or Siphoning Strike
12: Spirit Fire or Siphoning Strike
13: Spirit Fire or Siphoning Strike
14: Wither
17: Wither
18: Wither

Items
Meki Pendant
Meki Pendant -> Chalice of Harmony
Sheen
Stark's Fervor
Mana Manipulator
Sell Chalice of Harmony, Mana Manipulator -> Soul Shroud.
Glacial Shroud
(Next 3 Any Order, I Put Them in My Fav Order)
Sheen -> Trinity Force
Glacial Shroud -> Frozen Heart
Infinity Edge

SmecssRaege

11-06-2009

eh on that last build why would you buy chalice to sell it so early, i know its got good early mdefense and what not, but if you are selling so fast just buy mana manipulator at the start

whatever works i guess, but thats a few hundred gold you could spend in a better investment imho =P

Coleman

11-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmecssRaege View Post
eh on that last build why would you buy chalice to sell it so early, i know its got good early mdefense and what not, but if you are selling so fast just buy mana manipulator at the start

whatever works i guess, but thats a few hundred gold you could spend in a better investment imho =P
You actually brought my attention to a mistake I made. You get Sheen between Chalice and Mana Manipulator, so it should now look slightly less ridiculous.

It still isn't a horrible idea to get mana manipulator first to get to sheen faster, seeing as how sheen causes Siphoning Strike to do OMGWTF damage but I love the Chalice passive too much, it makes it possible to keep Spirit Fire on the ground at almost all times.

Bloodba7h

11-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleman View Post
New/Tank Nasus from Lee HWAITING & Krald http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=19589

This is a very powerful build for people new to Nasus or even League of Legends for that matter.
It also makes for a very decent tank build and makes a Warmog's Armor puchase happen much faster than normal in long games.
Once you feel very comfortable with Nassus I recomend attempting other builds.

Mastery Build: 0/30/0
Summoner Spells: Cleanse/Teleport

Skill Build
8: Spirit Fire
12: Wither
15: Siphoning Strike
17: Siphoning Strike
18: Siphoning Strike

Items
Doran's Shield + hp pot at start
Chalice
3x Heart of Gold (HoG)
Sell Doran's Shield, buy Sunfire Cape
Sell HoG, buy Aegis
Sell HoG, buy Sunfire Cape
Sell HoG, buy Banshee's Veil
I have only really tried Nasus as a tank, so I will only comment on this build here:

3x Heart of Gold is a waste. Even if you sell them after their useful life has depreciated. Get one.. MAYBE two in extenuating circumstances. The gold you get from it is not worth the cost when you could be getting much more efficient items earlier on (read: Aegis/Sunfire/Banshee's) and helping the team by getting to your endgame items sooner.

Here's MY interpretation of the tank Nasus:

Skill Build
2: Wither
4: Siphoning Strike
From here max Spirit Fire -> Wither -> Siphoning Strike -> Fury of the Sands (when available - get this!)

You'll want to spam Spirit Fire on the ranged minions to farm up some cash. Plus you'll harass with Spirit Fire when it's opportune to do so, giving your team some ground and making sure the enemy stays out of the area (or stays in and dies haha). Basically Spirit Fire is your bread and butter, making sure to use Wither when you want to flee/save someone/chase an enemy down. Use Siphoning Strike (level 1 is good enough!) to deal death blows to minions, take towers down, and hit champions harder.

Items
Meki Pendant + 1/2 HP Potions
Chalice
Aegis of the Legion
Sunfire/Banshee's (whatever's needed more depending on the game)
Guardian Angel (awesome item to get after you have some of that tasty health from Sunfire/Banshee's)

if the game still goes on:
Frozen Mallet (now you're a real pain in the ass)
Stark's Fervor (lots of physical on your team)
Warmog's (now you'll NEVER die)
Frozen Heart (for those pain in the ass physical carries)
Infinity Edge (give your strikes some punch = more lifesteal = tankier = they're also dying)

You're still a threat and you're a great initiator what with your Spirit Fire lowering armor, and Wither being able to literally shut down many melee champs. Fury of the Sands is an awesome ability that turns team battles around quickly and sticks a big ol' target on your back so that you can do your job and absorb the punishment. You have lots of staying power with your innate lifesteal and Fury of the Sands, plus your tower tanking will be second to none.

Pretty basic, but it's a tough nut to crack.

Jonas Sterling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2009

I approve of this post. Great idea considering the Directory has none of these guides (or any Nasus guide for that matter) posted.

Coleman

11-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodba7h View Post
I have only really tried Nasus as a tank, so I will only comment on this build here:

3x Heart of Gold is a waste.
First off thank you for adding a less 'new player' / more formatable tanking build and highlighting all the items that work well on Nasus.

As for that build and the 3xHoG, for some reason it works really well; I don't really understand why because that was my initial thought as well. I don't really use that build anymore and it was never my idea so I'm not going to bother defending their decision making, but a lot of people have had a lot of success with that build the way it is and it seems to be quite popular so it would have been silly of me not to have it here.

Okay, not complety honest, sometimes I use that build when I'm really tired and I know I'm not going to play Nasus as well as I could because it just makes things really easy/safe. It's a very 1-4/0-3/12-24 type of build. Lots of assists, little to no deaths, few kills.

Coleman

11-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas Sterling View Post
I approve of this post. Great idea considering the Directory has none of these guides (or any Nasus guide for that matter) posted.
Thanks! Glad you approve; your guide was the one I worried most about adding because there is a lot more to it then my format can really convey.

I strongly recomend people who try that build check out the link to the origional:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=22659

For myself, since I have 21/0/9 build set up all the time I usually only fall into Bloody if I see the other team doesn't have any disables (which happens more than you might think in PUGs). The cleanse I default with in that situation is still okay for sheading slow, although I'm practicing learning to play without it, it becomes quite the crutch.

Jonas Sterling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleman View Post
Thanks! Glad you approve; your guide was the one I worried most about adding because there is a lot more to it then my format can really convey.

I strongly recomend people who try that build check out the link to the origional:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=22659

For myself, since I have 21/0/9 build set up all the time I usually only fall into Bloody if I see the other team doesn't have any disables (which happens more than you might think in PUGs). The cleanse I default with in that situation is still okay for sheading slow, although I'm practicing learning to play without it, it becomes quite the crutch.
It is a fairly advanced build, that requires a serious amount of Lane control and Mini-map perception to pull off. I strongly believe it brings Nasus to a level of potential other builds don't give him, and it's clouded by everyone's judgement of him as a Tank/Support pusher. Yes, this is a good option for him. No, it doesn't bring out what makes him shine and the obscurity of group ganks and potential help from a Tank build distorts this.

Hopefully this thread gets acknowledged at least as a Nasus build for the Directory. I believe all of them at least deserve a spot under that list, if not more.

Coleman

11-09-2009

I updated these builds with links to http://leaguecraft.com/ .