How to increase your elo(Maybe)!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Uncle Ray Rayz

07-12-2012

Lets be honest here, who doesn't want to play a carry? Everyone always wants to top / bot ADC / mid!

After a bunch of games playing multiple roles I decided to start playing support. Since I felt as though perhaps I was cursed, I would win one game, and then lose the next game directly after.

The role that is always least wanted (on average) is support!

If you can learn how to be a good support you can in essence carry your team to victory!

-warding near dragon / tri-bush to give you the most sight range to avoid ganks for the laning phase this will allow for your ADC to have max farm.

-picking accordingly to what your ADC is ( for example Taric works very well with Ez, and Soraka with Sivir.)

-zoning your enemy, harassing or scaring them away to lower their farm via use of abilites, for example spamming infuse on the enemy from the bush. or just being blitzcrank

-ward placement into the late game, theirs plenty of guides online that show you optimal warding spots, and in doing so greatly helps your team. For example if you can push the enemy back into their base at least one time, that should give you enough time to ward their jungle left and right to not allow for them to leave without getting ganked, in turn sealing their fate!

-knowing when to grab oracles, as support you should ALWAYS grab oracles. After you have merc treads / 2 gp5 items seems to work best for me.

After playing mostly support for about 2 weeks or so I managed to raise my elo from ~1100 to 1425. During the whole move from 1100 - 1300 I think I had a 85% win rate with soraka(her ult saves lives big time!) after about 12 games played or so. I then moved to Taric since he was tankier for the 1300 to 1400 push.

I suggest people start to learn how to play support and get real good at it if you want to raise your elo easily

Let me know what you think!

MasterN64

07-12-2012

This only works if your entire team are not total morons. Its a hard thing to achieve. I still remember my last game i was on WW and didnt go tanky WW. Everyone was cool untill after winning a teamfight we pushed a turret and got half of another. I ping for the two there after i left to all leave and its ignored. Team sweeps in and they die. Free baron.

Teamfights and all that and we get 2 for 2 and push them back. Everything is fine and baron times out. Suddenly they start doing stupid **** like pushing lanes way to ****ed far and getting caught or running in their jungle and getting blitz grabbed. Suddenly i see WW WHY YOU NO TANKY? I wtf and tell them im getting a couple dps items then the tanky because i have not been dying. They qq. Teamfight after they get another free baron because they all ran bot and the support NEVER WARDED and they are at our mid tower. Singed pushes into the tower way ahead of the team without minions and is getting hit by tower. I ult him to keep him in tower range so my team can kill him. THEY RUN AWAY. HE gets off with a quarter health from me alone and i back to tower without taking anything but poison damage and a fling.

WTF WW WHY YOU ULT SINGED? GG NOOB WW.

They tried to rely on my to initiate fights with my ult which was dumb because they had blitz. I pulled it off a few times grabbing people away from the fight or waiting for someone to get stupid and get grabbed and ulted by blitz but generally it doesnt work.

5-5-14 WW Didnt have the most kills but did have the least deaths More assists than the support if i remember right. Mostly because i didnt do stupid **** like push lanes to their second tower while they were all mia and without wards. I was also first pick and nobody decided to actually get a tank or tanky champs. We had akali soraka riven who went glass cannon and graves i think.

Soraka also tried to 1v5 them at baron when they got it the second time. She was solo pushing mid.

Just remember this was all my fault.

Amaltron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2012

Good support makes or breaks bot lane.

MasterN64

07-12-2012

Just played support taric. Jungle Tryn DC at lvl 4 and top vlad fed a teemo.

Sexual Healing

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaltron View Post
Good support makes or breaks bot lane.
Good carries make or break a game. No matter how well you get your adc out of lane, you cannot prevent countless morons from getting caught 24/7. You can ward a map to the point of futility, but you can't make an idiot check the friggen mini-map.

Eviant

07-12-2012

Yeah...having played Supports a lot myself, I have to agree with this :/ It's one of the reasons I play supports rarely now :/ I remember a graves coming out of lane with something like 10/1, but because our team was stupid...we lost :/ Nothing is more frustrating than doing something like that. And that's not the only time it's happened either -_- I play Sona, Taric, Janna, and am trying to learn Alistar and Soraka...thinking about picking up Blitz as well. But again...it just seems like a great support can help so much, but if you have a fail team, you can't do anything :/

Uncle Ray Rayz

07-12-2012

I feel as though the odds of your team being "full of fail" and their team "being full of fail" are just about equal, the main determining factor a lot of the time is bot lane.

By specializing in support you grealy increase bot lane's potential. So you can force the game in your favor pretty easily.

Or perhaps I've just been very lucky as of recent! Who knows?

M0nkeyM4n

07-12-2012

Not true at all. I mained support from begining and now im stuck at 750 elo cause i tried to help my frienx get out if 400 elo. Him going adc me going support. I went from 1100 to 698 as the lowest. I havent played support since..

Gath Immortal

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ray Rayz View Post
I feel as though the odds of your team being "full of fail" and their team "being full of fail" are just about equal, the main determining factor a lot of the time is bot lane.
never seems to be the case for me, I'll win one game because my team had half a clue what they were doing then I'll lose the next 3 after starting 6/1 because bot got fed or mid got fed or someone d/ced or what have you, ranked is garbage.