Racism and minority representation

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

w0wisd0wn

01-20-2013

Discussing League of Legends cosplay with my girlfriend and realized there is not one black character in the game, not to mention any other race. I understand Evelynn is blue and Cassiopeia is green but these are not strong testaments to diversity. So two questions:

Why are there no other races represented in League other than caucasian?

and

When (if at all) can we expect to see other races represented in League of Legends?

nightmarex98

01-20-2013

karma and nidalee are ethnic looking and who cares othrwise its a game.

Sir Thronk

01-20-2013

Hey!
Yordles are a race!

Racist.

Rampant Poncho

01-20-2013

The game takes place in Runeterra, not on Earth. Race regarding skin color should have absolutely no importance in the game because skin color should not matter at all. Skin color is a trait that plays no significant role in who person is. There have been countless threads claiming there are "no black champions" and every single one of them contains the same false statement that there aren't any.

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightmarex98 View Post
karma and nidalee are ethnic looking and who cares othrwise its a game.
ethnic looking....

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampant Poncho View Post
The game takes place in Runeterra, not on Earth. Race regarding skin color should have absolutely no importance in the game because skin color should not matter at all. Skin color is a trait that plays no significant role in who person is. There have been countless threads claiming there are "no black champions" and every single one of them contains the same false statement that there aren't any.
champion aesthetics also shouldnt matter, nor should earthly mannerisms. women should have their boobs bouncing around for all to see and ashe should be 2D

w0wisd0wn

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampant Poncho View Post
Sorry, i looked before i posted, didnt find anything.

But otherwise, why can there not be people of color in Runeterra? Please forgive my ignorance of lore.

Mysterage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2013

This is the stupidest ****ing god damn thread, and it needs to be kept in General, not Champion Feedback. I wish there were some mod that could shut down anyone who keeps trying to pop up this stupid BS thread again.

Sir Thronk

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0wisd0wn View Post
Sorry, i looked before i posted, didnt find anything.

But otherwise, why can there not be people of color in Runeterra? Please forgive my ignorance of lore.
It's not that there couldn't be, it just doesn't matter if there is or isn't, because it's a different world entirely.

Lyger101

01-20-2013

Isn't Nidalee black? Her skin complexion and voice suggest so. The Ioanians are essentially asian, Yin Yhao is included in this. Doesn't really matter though, if they don't expand on any other race, after all there are races that exist there such as the Yordles and others that suggest enough diveristy in "their world".

12345 ... 6