Elo hell Doesnt exist

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RÁmble

07-12-2012

After going down to 900 elo thinking it was my "team" i focused on my goals and got to a bronze badge, ELO hell is just a excuse players use because they are bad.

read this and give me your guys opinions

http://www.team-dignitas.net/article...ELO-Hell-real/

Hurst

07-12-2012

If you're in elo hell, there's a reason for it. The people are so bad when you drop below 1300 that the basic concepts of the game seem like a foreign concept to the 'terribads.' You need to pick champions that allow you to control the game (I.E. top lane/jungle). There's no reason you should be losing to anybody in lane if you're /THAT/ much better than anybody else. Typically, if you're stuck in elo hell, it's because you belong there.

KingSnafu

07-12-2012

the elo system is flawed for a game like LoL is it mean for professional sports where everyone in it plays an equal amount of games . This is because the sheer amount of games is a big factor in what the number ends up being, there at players with 55% win averages, and have played over 2000 ranked games. Yet they have 2100 elo and there are players with the same average of wins that have 900 elo but only 100 games played if that 900 elo player consistently plays at a 55% win average then just because hes played so many games he will be up there with the 2100 player making elo not measure the amount of skill you have in the game simply the amount of time you are willing to put into the game. It is very similar to the reason nascar changed there rating system (i dont know the racer as i only seen it broadcasted on ESPN news) he would purposely loose races and take 2nd to win in points.

Performance rating = [(Total of opponents' ratings + 400 * (Wins - Losses)) / Games].

Gankin

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Heather View Post
If you're in elo hell, there's a reason for it. The people are so bad when you drop below 1300 that the basic concepts of the game seem like a foreign concept to the 'terribads.' You need to pick champions that allow you to control the game (I.E. top lane/jungle). There's no reason you should be losing to anybody in lane if you're /THAT/ much better than anybody else. Typically, if you're stuck in elo hell, it's because you belong there.
Very much agreed with , until you get those newbs that hog top and force u to support .

Supah Hakah

07-12-2012

The ELO system isn't flawed. It just that experience is needed in order for it to accurately give you the rating you are. Its the math version of meeting someone the first time. You are going to have a perspective of the person when you look at them (first game) to engaging in conversation (10 or so games later) to being long time friends with the person.

Its all about acquiring enough experience in solo queue to get an accurate reading.

Aikimiller

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lVlARKY View Post
The ELO system isn't flawed. It just that experience is needed in order for it to accurately give you the rating you are. Its the math version of meeting someone the first time. You are going to have a perspective of the person when you look at them (first game) to engaging in conversation (10 or so games later) to being long time friends with the person.

Its all about acquiring enough experience in solo queue to get an accurate reading.
Except that this is the problem- "enough experience" is hundreds of games. This is compounded by the K factor (the first 10 ranked games you play have an increased elo gain/loss). While this is supposed to get you to where you should be faster, in reality it heavily penalizes people who jump into ranked without enough experience, such that it digs you into a very deep hole that is very, very difficult to climb out of if you lose those games. Primarily because at very low elo's, the skill that wins you game is your ability to carry 4 random people who may or may not know how to use a computer- as opposed to higher levels of play, where the skill that wins you games is the ability to coordinate with your team effectively.

GoingTight

07-12-2012

I've been between 900 - 1650 elo in my time playing this game. There is no hell, trolls exist in all elo. Player skill level ranges even in high elo. You can't win every game by being the best player. But you yourself can do a lot to influence your team. Need to focus on what you can improve not what everyone else did wrong.