Tri Force on Alistar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Golden Mushroom

11-06-2009

Like most everybody, I build Alistar to tank/support. The one +dmg item I do buy is a Phage for him to make his farming slightly easier and add a slow to his knock up - head butt combo. When games go late though, I've always upgraded this into a Frozen Mallet just because i like the HP. I was wondering though how a Tri Force would work on him. Will Triumphant Roar activate the 150% base attack proc from Sheen?

Although I'd be giving up about 400 HP and a more dependable slow, I'd be a nice damage boost (25% attack speed, 12% crit, 30 AP, +procs), and the 12% movement speed would be fantastic.

Anyone try this out yet?

Bloodba7h

11-06-2009

I'm no Alistar expert but I've heard Sheen being a necessity for him in the first place. Definitely a required item! Trinity might be a good idea if you're getting both sheen and phage, but I wouldn't focus on getting it, IMO.

You need more HP/armor/MR than you do zeal/trinity, in other words. Not a bad idea, not an expert one either.

Of course, I'm no good at Alistar, just theory.

Atmosfear

11-06-2009

First you should ask yourself, does Alistar need MORE damage to be a more effective tank?

Once you've found that answer, you will see whether or not Tri-force is good on him.

Slide

11-06-2009

Sheen is a must. Its cheap and seriously increases his attack damage VS towers. Its my opinion you should always at least get sheen.

As to tri-force, well, sheen is good, I dont doubt tri force would be good too. However, Im certain you can be more effective at your role (pusher tank) with other items.

Shizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2009

I agree Sheen is a must, but for all the other slots, I prefer aura (Aegis, Locket, Soul Shroud, Frozen Heart) or straight tank items (Guardian Angel, Banshee's, etc)

Jpeg

11-06-2009

i'd perfer lichbane if your looking up upgrade the sheen. mallet isn't nessasary.

go with defensive items and Atama's if you want damage.

Patyrn

11-06-2009

I always get hearts of gold asap because otherwise you'll be gold starved the whole game. I might try getting a sheen after my 3x hearts though. The mana is nice, and the damage really is a lot with his slow hit speed and constant spell spam.

DarkenDragon

11-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpg420 View Post
i'd perfer lichbane if your looking up upgrade the sheen. mallet isn't nessasary.

go with defensive items and Atama's if you want damage.
just wanted to point out the difference between sheen/lichbane/triforce for those who dont realize it. sheen adds 100% of your base attack power, and triforce adds 150% of your base attack power (meaning it doesnt calculate the damage boost with whatever damage items you have) and lichbane adds 100% of your ability power to your damage

so lichbane is only good to get if your AP is more than your base attack power, otherwise its better to take that sheen and get it upgraded to triforce when your looking to upgrade sheen. and those who dont know, I do believe that lichbane and triforce have a bug that allows you to trigger it more than 3 seconds, while sheen does have that 3 second internal cooldown. I could be wrong about that last part though.

Mr Lewis

11-07-2009

how about Rylai's Scepter. i found that this item works wonders.