Mathematical probability proof of Why you should believe in God

1234567 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

outfoxxed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2010

pascals wager imo is stupid. it's not like 50/50 god exists or god doesn't exist. i believe with absolute 100% certainty that there is no God.

saying that im taking a wager, is like me saying that my next lottery ticket will get me the jackpot.

also i'd argue that you can't choose what religion you are. you don't actively choose it but you believe it. i cant just believe in God the next day, i need real proof.
-----
Also there are countless flaws in your logic.

ps. we've heard all this from millions of bible pushers, im glad that you somehow believe that somehow we'll see enlightenment because of your "i'm right you're wrong, you have to see things my way" attitude. please just leave us atheists be.

turbOpun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coedeed View Post
Listen buddy, I don't care what your religion you're into and what you believe in, but in the same time you need to respect what I believe and not preach your garbage on me.

Good day.
So don't read it? Heathen.

I said good day!

Galactic Pie

09-05-2010

Stephen Hawking said the universe could be created with out a God. Just sayin'. (Yes, I believe in a God of some kind [The Flying Spaghetti Monster, of course ])

cvmahzuz1991

09-05-2010

wow i cant believe there is so much non-believer playing lol....
well nothing to say though, i believe what i want to believe so,.....

Dimensionist

09-06-2010

OP failed to deliver on so many levels

Ryze needs a falcon punch

pizza is good food

live your life

/thread

TEEMO MID PLS

09-06-2010

It's ironic - pascal's wager is actually a logical fallacy.

For instance - let's say the pagan gods of old was actually true or some other insignificant tribe that was obliterated by crusades from the Christians. Does that mean believing in the Christian god will be more beneficial in your afterlife? Maybe you'll have a far worse afterlife than any atheist could experience as I'm sure they're seeking revenge.

Lightstriker

Adjudicator

09-06-2010

Well, there's two major problems with this thread:
1) The Wager is an example of a 1) Flawed and 2) Extremely simplified version of logical thought.
2) There's no such thing as proving God exists or not. No, I really don't give a **** about Hawking's "proof". The fact that he even did something as ridiculous as that makes me rather angry. Seriously, what was he thinking... but I digress.

tl;dr version: Drop it. Neither group here is accomplishing anything, and I can state with ~99% certainty that neither will.

Gurkan

09-06-2010

If god exists why is there so much evil?

McMeister

09-06-2010

Trolololololololololol

Sine Deis

09-06-2010

In most branches of mathematics, you can't operate on infinity. This is not one of the exceptions.

:P

1234567 ... 10