Mathematical probability proof of Why you should believe in God

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ub3rpwnag3

09-12-2010

you do gain something from being nonreligious..like we still have two towers standing in NYC...that is of course if everybody was..and then again, people suck so they would probably find another excuse to kill each other..

Sarai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2010

Well, I would say that we could freely live our lives, to masturbate when we want to, drink, have *** with many women, and basically do what we want.. but most Christians live their life how they want to(doing the same things), but I guess saying "Sorry god.. I still believe in you though!" makes up for it(which according to the bible I guess it does).

My question is.. why bother following all those rules if you can just repent and still go to heaven.. **** it.. kill people, and rape their corpses.

phalzum

09-13-2010

the problem is you start with a 50/50 chance when it should actually be 0... so yeah kinda fails at the beginning

phalzum

09-13-2010

My question is.. why bother following all those rules if you can just repent and still go to heaven.. **** it.. kill people, and rape their corpses.[/QUOTE]
lulz

Pectojin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2010

amazing start of this post(made me smile).... too sad some sick guys have to take an obvious joke serious...

MiTzZa

09-13-2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cpbn5sAXBSM

"God"'s followers will think i'm posting this to brainwash them and gain supreme...well...nothing... I am posting this because i do not believe in an invisible man and i want to be a better person by opening the minds and eyes of the people who think "God" will save them if they have blind faith in tales but end up regreting they never believed in the true ultimate power - themselves. Your "God" won't pick you up when you're down on the ground, but your friends will. Heh.. I admire some priests because under all those robes and prayers and stuff, they are nothing more than ordinary men who wanted to make this world a better place, but imo..they went to the wrong institution to do it. If you lil' trolls here actually wanted to do something good, you were better out helping someone and not stuffing people's throats with what you were lead to believe is true.

Destiny is no matter of chance. It is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.William Jennings Bryan
US lawyer, orator, & politician (1860 - 1925)

Saint Seraphiel

09-13-2010

-Religion wants 10-20% of what you own
-Religion turns you into a bad person
-Believing in Religion is like Believing in Santa Clause and makes you feel like an idiot.
-Religious fanatics and psychotics... have a lot in common.
-Every war has had the basis of religion behind it.
-Most religions are so egotistical they believe in a god they can;t see but not the possibility of life elsewhere in this never ending universe that they can't see... too me thats just stupid and typical.
- God said he would play no role on our world, that we have free will, and because of this we just have to have "Faith"... yet every ****ing day some religious fanatic starts thanking god or saying it was god why this happens... basically calling the invisible fictional guy a liar.
- The bible says if your kid disrespects you, you should stone him.
- The bible says if your gay, you will burn and hell and buzzards will eat your insides while your strapped to a burning cross. Sounds like a nice guy to me.
-The bible is one of the most bloody and murderous pieces of psycho babble scriptures available... why not worship silence of the lambs too you ****ing morons.

Q: Why did he call us morons?
A: Because in-general I love the human race and it baffles me how so many people are so ignorant and stupid... I guess the 2000 religions before Christianity with similar Jesus like figures depicted in each one wasn't enough... some tool had to want to claim power by using it as his leverage... Oh these are the words of God!... The funny thing is... it claims the world is flat, therefore nullifying any and all protests about it's legitimacy and making it merely a book written by man of moral guidelines for 2000 years ago.

TheShortestPath

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle0117 View Post
Let us assume that there's a 50-50 chance that God exists.
Stopped reading there.

There is no way to mathematically isolate the probability of a God existing. "Proving" a religious theory is about as futile as trying to count to infinity. You just can't do it.

On top of that, you're referring specifically to Christianity. Who says they're right and not one of the 50 billion other religions out there? In fact, if you were to give them all equal merit, believing in any religion would be completely idiotic because all of them have a 99.9% chance of being dead wrong.

Shixxor

09-13-2010

A picture of Exoxit http://lightroom.park-zone.de/exoxit.png

interwebhobo

09-13-2010

So, if that's the mentality you take on being a Christian, you're going to your hell, anyway. That's not called believing, it's called rationalizing.

So, why are you lying to your god? Why should I?

You know, if god truly does exist, he'd have to be a complete ******* and have human traits in order for him to turn away someone who has lived their life very positively and without sin/****ing up hard/breaking laws/whatever you'd like to call it. So, if your god is like that and refuses to let a good soul into heaven just because he/she didn't believe in whatever religion worshiped him, assuming all of what you say exists, then he can go to hell :3

Edit: Just a quick edit, this isn't to say that religion is bad for you... some people need and love religion, and it does, generally, provide some very solid morals that everyone could use. Some people don't need religion and it works out neatly the same, they just get their morals from their culture, and most cultures have a heavy influence from religion. *shrug* The morals that most religions follow have been around since humans started telling stories, dating back through pretty much every civilization that had language or culture that the world has seen.