Ability Remake: Evelynn, the Widowmaker

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Catman789

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2012

Gosh, I was honestly hoping that oracles and vision wards were removed. I hate them, and I find it the only reason that evelynn isn't viable. Late game, when tanks get oracles, you can't even team fight.

Reangus

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkalink View Post
When was but a wee noob, I thought to myself, "There's a character that spends all her time in stealth? That's fricken' awesome!" And thus Eve became the first champion I bought. I was VERY saddened as I leveled that she becomes less and less viable as players learn what they are doing.

Then I saw this rework and thought the same as most, OMGZ I can't wait she's my faves!

But now I see her stealth is revealed when you're within a distance covered by pretty much an AD Carry skill shot. This is not so good. I actually liked the mechanic of them knowing you're there when you're too close, but that is not close at all!

Right now it seems like the only use for her stealth is so wards can't see you when you switch lanes. And that's about it!

Makes me sad, since it was the STEALTH ITSELF that made me love the character.
Wards can see her sorry buddy.

Choten

07-15-2012

Can Eve get that health on kills and assists back? From the lore shes supposed to have some sort of vampirism and i would see that in old and pre-nerf malice and spite.

TheFrontier

07-15-2012

ererer

TheFrontier

07-15-2012

does this mean eve will be unseen during ganks when people aren't near her

Malkoto

07-15-2012

@frontier Evelynn does not get seen unless she is within the circle around her. the best thing to do is get ghost on her and use it to close in on enemies, as using her w will cancel her stealth.

Gen Nakazora

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-15-2012

I've tried her on the beta... and you ruined her with this. Her range is terrible, and with the new stealth, she can't do anything about it unless the opponent is either slow, or has no way to stop you. Her new Ravage is next to useless when fighting, as you need to be within Auto-attack range to even think of using it, and hate spikes now can't be spammed as well. I'll admit, I like the new hatespikes, but with her set, she seems to require flash and teamwork to do anything, whereas before she could solo anyone if she had enough burst. If the opponent is ranged, she is at a distinct disadvantage. If they have stuns, snares, or fears, (Yes, with that one, I'm talking fiddlesticks. I HATE FIDDLESTICKS!!! Sorry, I have had some annoyances from him, and can't get over it.) she can't get to them. Rather than make her more viable, you ruined her completely. Twitch not as much, he's actually a bit better. But Eve no longer exsists as an option, which, despite popular opinion, she was with the right team cooperation and composition. She had some use before. Now... I love the hard to play champs, and I don't want to aknowledge that Evelynn exsists. Edit: And yes, I'm talking the Eve without the stun. I wasn't around when she had it, so I can't really say anything about that.

Crites

07-16-2012

Yup Eve OP now...qq threads to come.

Xsistence

07-16-2012

Monzarch (12:18): u dont want them to change eve?
Xsistence (12:18): fk no
Monzarch (12:18): lol
Xsistence (12:19): only noobs who were trash on her are excited "oh yay maybe she will be playable now so was so under powered yay i have been waiting for ever"
Monzarch (12:19): lol
***ya
Xsistence (12:19): -_- besides that this will actually nerf her
Monzarch (12:20): ya i can undeerstand that from ur prospective
Xsistence (12:20): ya =/ they took her ravages magic resist reducer
Monzarch (12:20): ya
Xsistence (12:20): ...her heal from kills...
Monzarch (12:21): ):
Xsistence (12:21): and no more true stealth...
Monzarch (12:21): ya i dont like that
***defeats the assassin part of her
Xsistence (12:21): if i scout jungle they have a 50% chance of seeing me, walk into a bush with a beefy champ
***Dead*
***....idk why any one would be excited for this new version.. also i dont understand what her q will do now
***i know its a line....
Monzarch (12:22): ya
Xsistence (12:22): but is it spammable or do you have to aim it
Monzarch (12:22): aim
Xsistence (12:23): wow no area effect epic spam ability for chasing and also harassing chasers off of you
***i could get triple kills with just q -_-
Monzarch (12:24): ):
Xsistence (12:25): now you see what i mean?
Monzarch (12:25): yes
Xsistence (12:25): how does any of that sound better xD

Malkoto

07-16-2012

@xsistence Hate Spike is still spammable, just not as much as it was before. it's now a 1.5 sec cooldown rather than a .8 sec cooldown. It also prioritizes whatever she is attacking (or, i've noticed you can right click something, and walk around and hatespike at that one thing). her new stealth i admit is hard to get used to, but it makes it alot more fun to sneak around as you can't just walk up to people and be like "HAHA YOU CAN'T SEE ME" her new w is basically her old ult without the heal. her ravage now procs sheen items on the second hit, as well as a 120% attack speed boost at maxed level. her new ult makes her able to teamfight well, 300 shield per enemy she hits, if she hits all 5 it's 1500 extra damage she can take in a fight, also is a very strong ap based skill, practically an AOE deathfire grasp. what part of her is bad? I mained evelynn pre nerf, post nerf, and now in PBE how she is now. overall i think they did really well.