Is it ok to not play ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TweakJesus1

07-11-2012

Ok im a lvl 20 atm and I've been wondering about when i reach lvl 30 should i start playing in ranked games cause i don't want to seem like some dumb scrub playing against low levels but I don't play this game enough to be a dedicated and serious ranked player.

Timammoth

07-11-2012

I would not play ranked until i have a couple of full rune pages. Also i would play normal draft pick just because you vs people that are trying to make the meta and have actually roles. In blind i often see no jungle which is really pathetic and makes the game so dull.

PumpkinPillow

07-11-2012

Just go with your skill level ;) dont let others yell at u for being a SCRUB, if you dont think your ready.... Its perfectly normal to not play ranked :D

Fluffyknowsyou

07-11-2012

Accumulate the right runes, watch streams, and learn the actual functions of the meta. This way you'll still be inexperienced,but you won't fall straight into hell without a fight! xD

CyanShock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-11-2012

I didnt start playing ranked until just recently and ive been level 30 for almost a year

ManicPhilosopher

07-11-2012

Your skill level actually is taken into account for normals. Also, ranked is for the people who REALLY want to know how they stack up against others. If you aren't super competitive, or just play to have fun, I wouldn't bother with ranked games.

MoreMedz

07-11-2012

When it is your turn, be ready. But if you are not ready, then it is probably not your turn yet.

Take as much time as you want before you go into ranked games, if you ever do. Some people play 1000+ games without ever touching ranked games once, while others can't wait to jump in the moment they hit level 30. Be honest to yourself, and play it in a way that suits you and does not breach the Summoner's Code.

Above all, have fun.