How to Lane as Ashe

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Direwolfiez

01-05-2014

I've had trouble playing Ashe lately. I was pretty good before I hit level 30, but ever since then I've had trouble playing against other level 30s. I've noticed that I tend to play passively, sitting back and farming, then hitting the enemy ADC and support with my W if they get aggressive and then kite them to drive them out of the lane, then go back to farming. I try to avoid poking, and as a result, I'm not that good at trading with Ashe. I also tend to only push with her; I've never been good at freezing lanes, but I'm decent at farming while turret hugging.

The strange part is, I only seem to have trouble doing most of these things with Ashe. I can play aggressively with Vayne, Ezreal, Jinx, and Varus. I don't know what my problem is, but whenever I play with passive supports like Soraka we almost always lose the lane. Any advice for how to improve my Ashe play?

Akromah

01-05-2014

Ashe doesn't have a good kit to be aggressive with. Just farm like youa're doing. If you have an aggressive support you can maybe compliment him in lane a little if he's laying a good zone. I think ashe benefits more from peely/disengagy supports like Janna and Lulu. I'm not much of a bot lane wizard but these are just my two cents.

Direwolfiez

01-05-2014

I don't usually start getting aggressive until I get a Shiv, but usually by that time the other ADC has pushed us out of lane and took a tower. Is it just that Ashe needs to be paired with an aggressive support that can initiate, or should I initiate with my ult regardless of the support? I personally like to save it until they're running away or for teamfights, but I can change my playstyle if I need to so that I'll be more of an asset to my support.

Wrekx

01-05-2014

Yes Ashe has a weak 1 v 1 early on. But, if you can force a 2 v 1 by making one opponent to go B, you win because Ashe is so strong with her permaslow when you have the advantage. You will at least deny experience. In some cases you can force the other to go B. Or if they're bad you'll get a kill. Just go right in with your Q active and scare them into their turret.

I like taking straight up 3 life steal quints. In a hard lane, be happy to tie and wait for a gank because just as Ashe is strong 2 v 1, she's strong 3 v 2. But here's the thing. You need life to follow up on a gank or else you'll go in to permaslow and end up a giving a free kill. That's where the life steal quints come in. They let you test how well you can bully a lane, if you can't you can get some HP back and wait for a gank.

AlethiaArete

01-05-2014

Ashe is my favorite ADC. What I usually do is farm up to get a BFG fast and then I start taking more shots at the enemies. If you learn to recognize when they're going to try and CS a minion though, you can peg them one while their attack animation is going off. That's about as aggressive as I get for a while. Between harassing when they CS and your volley, that should be enough.

Check out Leaguecraft here, where they talk some about trading and ADC mechanics (among other things) if you don't know them already. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ywh...q-Ai82vgWej_fB

One thing that I do with Ashe is level up her E to at least lvl 3 or 4 pretty quickly. That helps me get an early gear lead (and therefor damage lead) on the enemy as long as I can keep up with the CS. Volley is my second skill since it can do a lot of damage and is a great way to CS multiple targets as well as harass. Having it on a low cool down helps. Her Q I start leveling as soon as it looks like ganks are going to happen or if the enemy keeps making mistakes. Basically if I get the feeling it might help my side secure kills. Otherwise her other skills are better for farming and pushing Ashe quicker into her endgame gear.

I really think that if you learn to trade well and use volley to supplement it then you shouldn't have much trouble with them being very aggressive. And don't get caught out of position. That usually means standing back unless you are going to trade when they move forward to CS or are going to CS yourself.

Hope this helps