Jungle Question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

doofykid

07-11-2012

New to jungling and having some concept grasping issues...

So after the first clear of a jungle and after a gank/b, what am i supposed to do? Basically what i am asking is how do i continue to jungle after first clear?

TeknoWizard

07-11-2012

Try to see if there are easy ganks around. If you're capable of ganks then just go for those and try to get a kill/assist or force a flash. If there are no ganks, either clear your camps, or go steal the enemies.

Or if you're a very strong jungler, you might be able to sneak a solo dragon.

doofykid

07-11-2012

Thanks. Another question:

Ive been watching jungle videos, mainly the Theoddone, but anyways i noticed that he doesnt really do anything with double golems after the first clear. why is this? Are they useless after the first clear?

FreshFuhrer

07-11-2012

I'd say it's because they're far away and waste too much time because of their HP for the reward you get.

Timammoth

07-11-2012

It depends on which side u start on if its blue or purple. But generally speaking if u are jungling with a mana champion you take blue buff 1st then continue on to wolves. You can now choose to move onto ghasts or gank mid. Many things may apply to y u should take mid. You should take into consideration how pushed up mid is, also if ur jungler is reliant on its ultimate to make a good gank. For example Warwick. But if conditions favour then gank mid. Then continue to take red buff then golems if wolves havn't respawned again. Then if bot lane is not available or mid, then just recall. This includes ur side of the jungle. Don't counter jungle early until you get some more practise and feel more confident about jungling. From here u continue to clear your side of the jungle as they respawn and gank lanes after you wait for them to respawn. You need to think about exp and what is a more effcient way of gaining gold. Think of it as TIME VS EXP. Ask urself what is the most effcient way of gaining exp at this time and do it. But it is all very situational. You got to have a balance of ganking and jungle clearing. Because to much jungle clearing will result in you not having an influence an the laning phase and therefore giving the oppsition an advantage.To much ganking and you are going to be under lvled and therefore not going to be as effective against the enemy . Therefore u will probley start dieing and giving the oppsition some cheap kills. You have to find a balance but each game is diffrent and will demand diffrent amounts of each. But try and take every oppurtunity u can with ganking and help out your lanes especially if one of your lanes are struggling. Or if every1 is fine and 1 lane is dominating. Him the dominating lane to really stomp that lane home. Thanks hope this helped. i can share some tips on counter jungling if you would like?

Miltidrir

07-11-2012

Double Golens should be nerfed xD

Timammoth

07-11-2012

Yea golems are also kinda strong and deal more damage then ghasts or wolves. for about the same exp. And yea they are far away.

DonnFirinne

07-11-2012

My personal suggestion is give up on TheOddOne. Not only is he ugly and his voice annoying, but he's not really a well-respected jungler, at least by other pro junglers. My favorite pro jungler is SaintVicious. He streams from twitchtv now but used to be on own3d, so check both for jungling videos.

As for your specific question, after my first clear (sometimes I clear a couple times before I go back, depends on how well I'm doing) I look for ganks, as mentioned, but if I don't see any, my favorite route is golems-wraiths-wolves-gank top or middle. Top and middle are solo lanes so they're easiest to gank. Let your laners know if you're on your way and they should be able to let the enemy push out some. If there aren't any gank opportunuties (your team is pushed out, enemy is at base) I look for quick counter-jungling opportunities. If mid is really pushed, steal wraiths, leave one of the small ones if you can. If top is pushed (only if you're on blue side), take their big golem. If bottom is pushed, call them away to do dragon with you. If all else fails, just keep going between your jungle camps until an opportunity arises.

Timammoth

07-11-2012

TheOddOne had 17000 veiws on his stream today

doofykid

07-12-2012

Thanks for the tips guys,

Quote:
i can share some tips on counter jungling if you would like? - Timammoth
if you could that would be really helpful