When should i start playing ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JH 360

07-11-2012

I've been playing this game for about 1 and a half months now, i'm starting to get near level 30(currently level 25) and I was just wondering once I reach level 30 how long should i wait before starting ranked.

ExoticSenta

Recruiter

07-11-2012

w8 till u learn to play 5 roles: jungle support ad carry top and mid.
then play...

Gift of God

07-11-2012

when you can play every role and have runes for them

Shehryar

07-11-2012

As long as you have a basic runepage for each role, and are able to play 2-3 champions in each role, you should be fine

Merdelfexel

07-11-2012

Just one thing dont play ranked when you JUST hit level 30, people are actually good in ranked.

MoreMedz

07-11-2012

My view is that the fundamental difference between Normal Mode and Ranked Mode is the mentality with which people approach them. In ranked game, the goal is very clear - you want to win with your skills (and not just to get a high ELO). This means that you are expected to play at a certain level. This is not to say that you must be good, but rather that your attitude must be "how can I be good?" and "how do I win this game?" You must try.

If you simply go into ranked games expecting to have a good time like you do in a normal mode, where you can basically make as many mistakes as you want without reprisal, then you will end up ruining the experience for other players, because those players are in it for the win.

The best way to experience this is of course to try a couple of ranked games. Hence I think when you are thinking about it, you should probably give it a shot when you can. Just play a couple of games, and try your very best in each game. If you find your skills to be inadequate, practise in normal mode a bit more. If you do not enjoy the change in atmosphere, again, you should stay with normal mode.

At the end of the day, not everyone wants to be competitive at a professional level, so it comes down to how you wish to play. I hope this helps.

Styra

07-11-2012

After you read this, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect , you can play ranked.