@Riot: Trundle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Udajit

Senior Member

07-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cpt America View Post
-_- I can't argue you with you if your mind isn't open to change. Honestly, you have given me none of the answers i was looking for. For instance, Volibears "Rolling Thunder" Is like Jax's Q, on next auto attack, not a whole separate ability.

Trying to point out invalid accusations, such at this is (my only account) that i have played trundle on is totally wrong. If you refuse to stick to the facts, please exit the thread. When you say things such as "W" cast is instant, please read what i put. How can you deny trundle jumps into the air for an absurd amount of time?

Please go play trundle into a game without trying to make sarcastic, witty remarks in attempt to prove something factual false.
Okay.

Lemme explain the basic mechanics of this game which you fail to understand.

All abilities in the game have two components to being used. There is the cast animation and the casting time. The animation is a movement or particle effect the champion makes to illustrate the spell is being activated/cast. The actual casting time is how long it takes the spell to come into effect/be completed.

These are not mutually the same. I don't know if you're slow or if English isn't your first language, but at no point did I say that W animation is instantaneous, however the casting is - the moment you click W and activate it, the AoE appears and the effects are granted. The animation which accompanies the casting, however, as I said, is roughly .5 seconds. And again, I will remind you, that because the effective cast time is instantaneous, the animation is superfluous and can be cancelled by activating Rabid Bite if a nearby enemy can be auto-attacked, which countermines your argument that the animation loses you 2-3 seconds of DPS. You're wrong. You're flat-out wrong. Sorry man. It's okay to be wrong.

I'm going to read you a few Champion Ability Tooltips now, okay? I'll take it slowly for you.

Quote:
Trundle enhances his next standard attack to instead bite his opponent, dealing physical damage equal to a base amount plus a percentage of his attack damage.
This attack increases Trundle's attack damage for 8 seconds, with his opponent losing half of this amount for the same duration.
That's Rabid Bite. Now let's take a peek at Jax's Empower.

Quote:
Jax charges his weapon with energy, causing his next autoattack or Leap Strike to deal additional magic damage. This ability resets the autoattack timer.
And now, Volibear's Rolling Thunder.

Quote:
For the next 4 seconds, Volibear will gain 15% movement speed. This bonus increases to 45% movement speed when headed toward a nearby visible enemy champion. Additionally, Volibear's next autoattack during this time will deal bonus physical damage and will fling the target behind him.
And for good measure, let's bring up Irelia's Bladesurge.

Quote:
Irelia dashes forward to strike her target, dealing physical damage. This applies on-hit effects. If it kills the target, Bladesurge's cooldown refreshes and refunds 35 mana.
Alright, now let's use what we learned in school (hopefully) and use context clues to see which of these four is unlike the other, sort of like they ask infants to do on Sesame Street.

Rabid Bite, Empower and Rolling Thunder all enhance the next auto attack of their respective champion AND reset the attack swing timer. (Note, although the tooltips of Volibear and Trundle do not specifically state this, it's true and will be recreated with 100% consistency.) Irelia's ability, on the other hand, does not enhance her auto attack. Instead, it is an ability which applies On-Hit affects, which INCLUDES Hiten Style (passive and active) which makes the confusion understandable.

I understand your frustration because you're genuinely concerned about Trundle and now that I've shown that your suggestions to improve him wont, but blindly throwing a tangential response such as, "You wont open your mind!" and refusing to address my counter arguments with articulated thought won't solve the issue or further this discussion.

ssotp


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HowardDeanFan

Senior Member

07-22-2012

I love trundle. I really do. He was one of the first guys I got heavily into Jungling with (and one of the first guys I feel in love with). His play style is great, is abilities are great.

My only real issue are somewhat small "quality of life" changes that could be done. I feel like Trundle does really well late game and honestly, I think he does really well in jungle clear times because of the great AD bump from his Q, and attack speed bump from his W. One of the few exclusively single target jungles that I feel is good at clearing the jungle quickly. However, he still remains slow in other respects.

I always feel that despite his good clear times, he tends to lag behind on gold often. Maybe if I bought more gold items it wouldn't be as huge of a deal but I also think he is just kind of awkward to gank with. I feel like there can be little changes that could fix this. Making his cast animations run a bit smoother for one would help. Possibly increasing the duration, range and/or Move speed buff of his W might help. The slow on his E "seems" a bit weak to me, though to be fair, it is still an ultra great skill. I tend to build a Phage pretty early anyway. Positioning it well is pretty much how you have to play trundle because that is all he has to stop enemies and they can easily flash over it and it's easy to misplace it, leaving your enemies stuck on the wrong side... The problem is, like olaf, he has no gap closer. He can do a ton of dmg if he can get to the enemy early but unlike Olaf, he has no sustained slow and kind of limited chasing ability. Olaf can chase like a champ because he can keep picking up his axe and chucking it at dudes to hamstring their movement constantly. Trundle cannot do this and hence, kind of relies on having the enemy pushed completely up against your allies tower to gank and even then, he isn't hard to escape. He is not as bad as Jungle Cho'Gath at ganking but I feel like, even with one really great CC ability, he tends to fall flat in this regard. His one CC is easily avoidable if you have flash or any number of escape abilities. Negating that one pillar pretty much stunts any gank attempt you were going to try and make and will possibly get you killed.

I will say though, if you get to late game with Trundle, he tends to become a bit of a beast. His dmg output and survivability immensely increase during team fights (provided your team doesn't simply leave you to die once you initiate) and once you have a few items under your belt (specifically a Frozen Mallet) he does respectably well at chasing. I love his debuff gameplay style late game that makes tanks a lot less tanky and makes carries into toilet paper. Just feel like he needs an early game boost. He doesn't seem up to par with most Jungles or solo tops and I feel like it wouldn't take much to put him on level ground.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Cpt America

Senior Member

07-22-2012

bump


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Cpt America

Senior Member

07-22-2012

bamp


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Udajit

Senior Member

07-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cpt America View Post
bamp
No more response?

Why bump a thread that's been debunked?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Heil Teemo

Senior Member

07-22-2012

Bump. Trundle needs something. Anything.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Cpt America

Senior Member

07-22-2012

bump


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Celebi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cpt America View Post
***^^^~~~ Please Don't Just Upvote The Thread, Please Also Bump So We Can Get More Attention On This Matter!!!!!!!!!! ~~~^^^***

100+ Upvotes :3
200+ Upvotes! Riot pls *~*


You guys should fix his skill set, hes really strong in my opinion but a lot of his abilities counter himself.
To Clarify on this: I think he just need some QoL changes, not actual buffs!!!!!!!


>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<<<<<<
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<<<<<<

Q - Almost everybody has an "activate then attack again" ability, such as Irelia's Q ability. She dashes then automatically attacks again, but trundle's Q animation is so long and he doesn't automatically attack again which really decreases his damage.
(To clarify on this: Most people, such as using another example (Tristana), have the ability to auto attack, use an ability in which the character re-auto attacks directly after. Riot buffed many champion so that they could do this awhile back. Tristana's ability is her E, in which she auto attacks, uses this ability and automatically autos right afterwards).

W - This is suppose to be a movement speed / attack speed / CC reduction steroid, but when you use this ability, it takes a good 3-4 seconds once again to cast the animation, and thus making him deal no damage while he is casting it!
(And for all of those saying it doesn't take 3-4 seconds for his W ability, you are right. I got my numbers mixed up, it actually is more like 2 seconds, with 3-4 seconds being wasted in total from his Q+W ability during a combat fight!!! Just imagine standing there doing nothing for 3-4 seconds

E - Although this deals no damage, the radius of it is really small. What i mean by that is that , if you were to (For instance) block off a walkway, the pillar would have to literally be halfway inside a wall so that the enemy could not just walk around it. This actually makes the pillar have a very small radius. Also, this gets tower aggro!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<<<<<<
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<<<<<<

Please take a look at these changes or suggestions riot!

Edit 1: To everybody, and to clarify: You are taking my text out of context. You can AA then Q immediately, however he does not auto attack right after, like i gave the example of irelia doing so right after his Q

Edit 2: Please bump :P i want riot to fix the trundle ;_;









^^^^^ I guess that's what i thought i typed O_O ^^^^^

Edit 3: Riot, they are starting to ban my trundle in ranked now! Why? Because his animations are broken, and no matter how well i do i can't fully use him to his potential.

Edit 4: Riot, i have to stop playing trundle for now because my elo has tanked over 100 points! Please fix trundle!

Edit 5: "Days Ignored By Riot:" 11

Edit 6: So i just got into a game with RiotMilkCow, and instead of answering this thread and my questions about Trundle, he told me it was a matter of opinion (i don't see how watching trundle do nothing while he Q's and W's for 3 seconds is opinion) and then he caters to Dyrus typing in all caps about buying 18 runes. What is this Riot?




Look at this below riot, im serious, how do you explain these loses? Now look, im playing in the 2.4k ELO bracket and im telling you these animations and his skill set should be looked at. Please riot!!!
How the hell did you lose 6 times with Trundle? I get the vibe that you just suck with him.

On a related note. His Q, W and E do feel sluggish, his whole kit feels sluggish and heavy. The only QoL change he needs is to speed up all his animations, it will also make him look more epic if you actually paid attention to his animations during casts.

Don't change his kit, it's perfect, you can buff up the numbers and speed up the animations, but don't you DARE rework him Riot! I LOVE MY TROLL THE WAY HE IS! He's so strong I play him with Promote+Teleport top in ranked and still own...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Cpt America

Senior Member

07-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebi View Post
How the hell did you lose 6 times with Trundle? I get the vibe that you just suck with him.

On a related note. His Q, W and E do feel sluggish, his whole kit feels sluggish and heavy. The only QoL change he needs is to speed up all his animations, it will also make him look more epic if you actually paid attention to his animations during casts.

Don't change his kit, it's perfect, you can buff up the numbers and speed up the animations, but don't you DARE rework him Riot! I LOVE MY TROLL THE WAY HE IS! He's so strong I play him with Promote+Teleport top in ranked and still own...
ty


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Cpt America

Senior Member

07-22-2012

bump