Why can't you jungle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Styra

07-11-2012

Why is everyone down-voting this? Haha!
I am not saying that having runes doesn't give an advantage. I know it does. All I am saying is that saying you don't have runes to jungle isn't a valid excuse.

wallsh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-11-2012

Runes

MoreMedz

07-11-2012

It might also be implied that someone who has not prepared runes for jungling probably does not consider jungling to be his area of strength.

teh d wreck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timammoth View Post
You can do ok with full jungle mastries in normal. But DON'T JUNGLE IN RANKED WITH NO RUNES.
Actually, normals isn't the place to be doing that either, because if you have no runes you're still at a massive disadvantage because most level 30s who jungle have runes. Just do a bot game and see how well you clear and then try actual pvp. Sorry, but I don't see how blind pick should have to suffer too for something like that.

Normals shouldn't be leagues punching bag :P

TheDjinni

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styra View Post
Why is everyone down-voting this? Haha!
I am not saying that having runes doesn't give an advantage. I know it does. All I am saying is that saying you don't have runes to jungle isn't a valid excuse.
It completely is. Jungling without runes is just stupid, might as well duo top.

For the vast majority of junglers, runes are the difference between a slow jungle that puts you behind both solo lanes in gold income and xp even after multiple successful ganks, and a fast, safe jungle that puts you on equal footing with your solo lanes even after several failed ganks. And for some junglers, runes are literally the only chance they have at clearing camps at level 1.

KS Otto

07-12-2012

Runes and masteries are overrated. I didnt use them until like lvl 25 and i did just fine

Kavrae

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeRFeCt SHoT13 View Post
Runes and masteries are overrated. I didnt use them until like lvl 25 and i did just fine
With what champions? Ganking success percentage? Clear speed? Enemy competency?

You can't just say it worked for you once and leave it at that, since it quite obviously does NOT work for certain champions without them. A full set of armor seals more likely than not means the difference between ganking with full health and 1 remaining potion or half health and none remaining.

As for them being overrated.... I disagree 100%. The many small boosts from them is what will put you slightly over the edge of an opponent that doesn't use them properly. Since this is a snowballing game, that little edge is all you need.