Prove Kog'Maw and/or Garen are OP

1234511 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WarlordLucifer

09-04-2010

if you truly care about this BS enough to spam topics like this on the forums, then go ahead and by all means just prove what you are saying

about kog there was only 1 thread with math talking about his damage and how he could kill a heavy M.res tank (given a full build ofc, which takes a long time, also probably needs to be fed) in 11 seconds, I say that is actually a bit slow considering he has NO escape mechanism, and might be one of the squishiest characters in the entire game, also, blindness, which is acessible trough a summoner spell anyone can use, completely shuts him down.

garen? so far I haven't seen a single argument proving he is OP besides "z0mg menz I kept walking into the bushes over and over and over and over again and he kept killing me! then after 10minutes ingame he was ultra-fed and pratically soloed my team! NERF!"

so yeah, go ahead and try to prove these champs are OP in any way, I say they are just good champions who are actually able to fill their roles, unlike teemo for example, who is a subpar ranged DPS

TL;DR: STFU

Urobolus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2010

Kog'Maw is only OP with a certain item. Garen isn't OP, people just stupidly feed him.

Lyov

09-04-2010

garen was never OP; kog'maw was never OP (people just started noticing he's good);
none of them have a flash/jump, so i cant count them as OP..

WarlordLucifer

09-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urobolus View Post
Kog'Maw is only OP with a certain item. Garen isn't OP, people just stupidly feed him.
that's my point, even bloodrazor isn't OP on him, it's just good

have you ever seen the devastation a shaco with wit's end, divine blade, bloodrazor and malady can do when he summon his clone and both attack with insane attackspeed trigering all those effects 2x more?

besides shaco is not as squishy as kog and has a MUCH better escape mechanism

tryndamere with any generic AD build would laugh at 11 seconds to kill a tank endgame, plus he is imortal, tough, heals himself and has a "jump" escape mechanism, also can slow for most of the fight while decreasing everyone's AD

so would master yi, which cannot be slowed and moves like a lightning

I could go on but you get the point.

Enmiand

09-04-2010

Silence + Spin = Mages death in early game.
Silence + Spin + Ult = Any other sort of squishy character is death, early and mid game.
Garen stacks up Sunfire = Not only does he have gratuitous amounts of hp, he deals damage while being near to you aaaaand, he can still out run you while keeping a good stock of armor.

Sorry, but Garen need a rework, mainly on his speed or chasing capabilities or his surviability when not tanking.

Malak al Maut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enmiand View Post
Silence + Spin = Mages death in early game.
Silence + Spin + Ult = Any other sort of squishy character is death, early and mid game.
Garen stacks up Sunfire = Not only does he have gratuitous amounts of hp, he deals damage while being near to you aaaaand, he can still out run you while keeping a good stock of armor.

Sorry, but Garen need a rework, mainly on his speed or chasing capabilities or his surviability when not tanking.
He was able to do all of that before his buffs (bug fixes) very well.

Pancakebuddy

09-04-2010

Garen probably has the best early game of all the heroes. Not only this, but his usefulness continues into late game when stacking sunfires and as an anti caster. Nerf his early game.

Kog'maw is fine. If you let him free farm, he's going to rape you. This is how it should be with all carries.

WarlordLucifer

09-04-2010

stun

no silence
no spin
dead garen on his tracks

or

stun/slow/root/taunt/whatever on garen
proceed to rape the rest of his team
garen is a VERY poor team tank, he has nothing to keep people on him, not even an incentive, yet people keep attacking him then complain about how they keep losing.

also, he is usually fed because the new goal of LoL seems to be bush exploration.

EDIT: forgot the sunfire spam, you do realize stacking those leaves him extremely vulnerable to magic right? any proper nuker can take down a sunfire garen in a skill rotation if they both are equaly (un)fed

WarlordLucifer

09-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancakebuddy View Post
Garen probably has the best early game of all the heroes. Not only this, but his usefulness continues into late game when stacking sunfires and as an anti caster. Nerf his early game.

Kog'maw is fine. If you let him free farm, he's going to rape you. This is how it should be with all carries.
urgot early game rapes garen, badly
ezreal too
vladmir too
katarina too
and probably others I'm too lazy to think about.

A Council Member

09-04-2010

Garen - built in defence makes him tanky. However, he doesnt do squat for damage.
Kog'maw - No, he is not the "new ez" because this "ez" can actually die due to not having any escape mechanism.

In other words, theyre not OP. Kog'maw counters the current metagame (which is always changing), and Garen is part of the current metagame (again, which is always changing).

The only nerf theyll get is what rolls around next. Im feeling massive silences and hard CC's. Team comps like Sion, Kass, Rammus, Anivia perhaps, and Kennen. All of which have massive amounts of stuns/taunts.

1234511 ... 13