Inexplicable server lag

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Coggles

07-10-2012

Too many times, sometimes more than once per game, I'll get a huge lag spike. Sometimes it lasts less than 10 seconds, sometimes upwards of 20 or 30. I am 100% certain this is something on Riot or the servers' ends, sometimes with my teammates experiencing similar lag and sometimes just me. My internet remains connected, all other features including browsers never losing connection or lagging, and my internet connection is generally fast and consistent and it is not to blame in fact.

Often times I can type and see chat while these occur although I cannot control my champion or see a change in gamestate, which further proves it is something on the servers' end. Another problem is that it is not always just "lag", rather my champion takes on a mind of their own and runs directly toward the enemy or turret. If I have not made a click for movement or usage of an ability, regardless during one of said "lag spikes" when it resumes my champ will have charged directly into their turret and died before my computer even registered it or gave me the ability to control it. Often times this ****s up my game, and it isn't going to do much good with the excuse "Oh I died because of lag", often considering the fact that I would be winning had it not occurred. I just experienced a a game where I had twice the farm of the opposing AD carry, and 2 consecutive lag induced deaths made them get another 70 or so farm to get ahead of me.

What is also noteworthy is I don't see my ping rise, it remains around 80-90 ms which is normal, but the game still lags.

What's the deal?

Voba

07-10-2012

Same please help its lost 2 ranked games for me ):

Ask The Treant

07-11-2012

still not fixed. awesome

Dark Grace

07-11-2012

I experienced the same thing. Everyone on my team too. The game would pause, and then continue without skipping. It did this for 20 minutes.

Ask The Treant

07-11-2012

Please please please please PLEASE fix this its just unplayable. Its not our faults. Ive been playing LOL since the draven patch perfectly. Plus i dont experience this on PBE or EU

Fix this before zyra please. i beg you

Coggles

07-11-2012

It's getting worse... lost a game because 3 consecutive deaths laning phase caused by 20+ second lagspikes versus Kog as Trist. Even though it was a counter lane I **** on him in farm and had multiple kill opportunities had I not hit the spikes. Never had that much in one game, really unplayable ****.

Ask The Treant

07-11-2012

The best part. Pbe is just fine.

Ask The Treant

07-11-2012

Please fix ****it

DECi Fr33ZiE

07-11-2012

Didn't see this post before, but ya same problem. It's costing me alot of matches.

Shamrock9685

07-11-2012

Same issue for me. Game is unplayable.