Elo hell.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kLo smile

07-11-2012

Well you have to realize a few things to carry yourself out. First, there's no such thing as elo hell, its just low elo. Like so, a 2k elo player would consider my 1.5k elo low, or I would consider 1000 elo low. It's all perspective. Second, I saw your match history. If your going negative score for 5 games in a row, you have to fix something. If you don't fix it, you belong there.

Styra

07-11-2012

Here's a tip.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect

Oh and learn to creep farm.

EatMyTracers

07-12-2012

I just started playing ranked and my team is always awful.

RÁmble

07-12-2012

have a read of this and tell me about elo hell

http://www.team-dignitas.net/article...ELO-Hell-real/

KingSnafu

07-12-2012

the elo system is flawed for a game like LoL it is meant for professional sports where everyone plays the same amount of games. This is because the sheer amount of games is a big factor in what the number ends up being, there are players with 55% win averages, and have played over 2000 ranked games. Yet they have 2100 elo and there are players with the same average of wins that have 900 elo but only 100 games played if that 900 elo player consistently plays at a 55% win average then just because hes played so many games he will be up there with the 2100 player making elo not a measure the amount of skill you have in the game simply the amount of time you are willing to put into the game. It is very similar to the reason nascar changed there rating system (i dont know the racer as i only seen it broadcasted on ESPN news) he would purposely loose races and take 2nd to win in points.

Performance rating = [(Total of opponents' ratings + 400 * (Wins - Losses)) / Games].

AmbushWhite

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jog Run Sprint View Post
Well you have to realize a few things to carry yourself out. First, there's no such thing as elo hell, its just low elo. Like so, a 2k elo player would consider my 1.5k elo low, or I would consider 1000 elo low. It's all perspective. Second, I saw your match history. If your going negative score for 5 games in a row, you have to fix something. If you don't fix it, you belong there.
Ill play some ranked today. and the negative scores were probably normal games where i was messign around with my friends.

Jeanschyso

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2012

That's why I dont play ranked. The 2 games I lost were with a leaver, 4 games I won I played a top bruiser and carried our team... now I stopped cause I get less leavers and ragers in normals