Number of bans should be increased to 6

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pokemaster

Recruiter

09-04-2010

What do you think?

iL3G3ND

09-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemaster View Post
What do you think?
Uhh no?? explain why they should raise it to 6.

turbOpun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2010

no.

Sabnitron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2010

Yeah, can you tell us why?

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

09-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabnitron View Post
Yeah, can you tell us why?
Because Ranked bans are still being used as a balance tool, rather than blocking out counterpicks to your team's line up. Riot has stated repeatedly that bans are not there to solve balance issues, but to be used strategically to eliminate threats to your team's success.

The extra 2 bans would account for the "auto-ban" champs, allowing the other 4 bans to be used intelligently instead of just 2.

Sabnitron

09-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhailRaptor View Post
Because Ranked bans are still being used as a balance tool, rather than blocking out counterpicks to your team's line up. Riot has stated repeatedly that bans are not there to solve balance issues, but to be used strategically to eliminate threats to your team's success.

The extra 2 bans would account for the "auto-ban" champs, allowing the other 4 bans to be used intelligently instead of just 2.
It's been red posted a couple of times that many existing champs are currently undergoing an overhaul. Seems like problem solved?

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

09-04-2010

Quote:
It's been red posted a couple of times that many existing champs are currently undergoing an overhaul. Seems like problem solved?
While I generally trust Riot, they have made some questionable moves in the past. They have also over done it on a few occasions. Yes Heimer, I'm talking about you.

Also: The Eve rework has been "in progress" for something like 6 months now. I understand, as a stealth burst assassin, it's hard to buff her w/o making her OP, but there should have at least been a "middle ground" band-aid level fix that could have been thrown out so she's not a liability to her team past about 1400 ELO.

Alnor

09-04-2010

Well also take into consideration that Riot keeps releasing new champions. As the number of champions goes up, the more bans should come into existence due to a simple fact of balance. 4 bans at the current number of champs (48 or 49 now? not sure), should translate into 5 champ bans when the number of possible champ picks hits 50. Likewise 6 at 60. Makes sense to me but then again I'm tired and burning out, so may not to others. @Sabnitron, The overhauls will have to be viewed and played with prior to assuming the problem is solved. A couple of champs have recieved big chances in my memory since playing this game (Udyr during the OP era where his stances were fixed but stats not, Heimerdinger's rockets and turrets being changed in order to balance him, and instead turning him into a auto-ban push-happy champ that was then recently nerfed heavily, then nerfed heavily again) All depends on what changes they make. Am hoping for several remakes to hurting champs, Eve for one. Kinda sickening when people ragequit in the lobby of a practice game because I picked eve to screw around with her >.>

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhailRaptor View Post
While I generally trust Riot, they have made some questionable moves in the past. They have also over done it on a few occasions. Yes Heimer, I'm talking about you.

Also: The Eve rework has been "in progress" for something like 6 months now. I understand, as a stealth burst assassin, it's hard to buff her w/o making her OP, but there should have at least been a "middle ground" band-aid level fix that could have been thrown out so she's not a liability to her team past about 1400 ELO.
Oh blast, took my main points. Oh well, good to see theres others with like minded thoughts towards the champ 'fixes'

Leib Olmai

09-04-2010

I think you fail with question mark.

sweatersDC

09-04-2010

Quote:
Listen to this man -- Riot has said that they are working on champion balance. Problem solved!

o_O