Build for Ad carris on this map?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mylotic

07-10-2012

How do I build ranged carries on this map?

Volandum

07-10-2012

Depends on the carry and how many assassins you're likely to be facing and whether you're top or bot and whether you have to duel other carries.

Things I've built on Ezreal include Mercs, Ionians, Prospector's Blade, Trinity, Frozen Mallet, Phantom Dancer, Sanguine Blade, Executioner's Calling, Brutaliser, Infinity Edge, Hexdrinker/Maw, Warden's Mail, Randuin's Omen, Last Whisper, QSS, Atma's, Glacial/FH...

I've been building so many warden's/randuin's to remove stickier opponents.

Quincunx

07-10-2012

Builds for AD carries drastically depend on the AD carry and the situation, like Volandum said. Let's take Kog'Maw as an example, and go a bit more in depth:

Example botlane build vs an AD Carry: Zerker's, P Blade, IE, Executioner's, PD, Warden's Mail
Explanantion: Executioner's to kill enemy lifesteal and Warden's to kill their dps, while outputting the highest dps possible for dueling purposes. Of course, you'll be vulnerable to ganks with this build, which is something to consider.

Example botlane build vs Darius: Zerker's, Phage, IE, Situational Lifesteal, Frozen Mallet, PD/LW, LW/PD
Explanation: With phage and careful play, you should easily be able to kite Darius to death. The lane is over for Darius once Frozen Mallet is built, though you should always keep in mind items like ghostblade and use of the speed shrine.

Example top build if you feel astonishingly safe: Zerker's, P Blade, IE, PD, Sanguine, LW or FM

Example top build if vs Wukong + Jax + Poppy or something similar: Mercs, P Blade, Wit's End, Frozen Heart, Frozen Mallet, Maw

Quite often I end up late game with some sort of boots, IE, PD, Frozen Mallet, Executioner's, and some situational item. I recommend buying Infinitiy Edge if you can get away with it on Kog --- the DPS increase is extreme. A common early - mid build path might be Boots + D Blade --> Berserker's Grieves + Vamp Scepter --> Chain Vest + Large AD Component --> IE. The most important thing however is to adapt. If you are dying quickly, abandon that IE for the moment and build to survive. If you feel like lightbringer would be worth building vs the enemy team, go for it!

Now, on most other carries, LW is more essential than on Kog against the average team (or I'm just dense). On some, such as Ezreal, CDR is an essential stat. Tristana, the safest carry in the game come mid-late game, can probably often get away with building pure offense fairly often.