I don't do the bot lane gank and...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CawkBeefSandwich

07-10-2012

I always get yelled at. Rather than risk early game feeding, I'd rather play safe in my lane. This usually actually helps my team more because then by the time the enemy team top laner actually gets up there, I'm 1-2 levels ahead and am basically going to get free kills for the next 10 minutes.

Anyone else avoiding the pre-minion team fight and can help me feel better about myself?

PS I solo top Yi, Jayce, Trynd, Darius, and Annie. (Irrelevant?)

LunarGundam

07-10-2012

i do this all the time and works out well almost every time except when my teammates decide to try and 2v3, also with those champs i feel your better of avoiding early confrontation most of the time

Sterling Malory

07-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunarGundam View Post
i do this all the time and works out well almost every time except when my teammates decide to try and 2v3, also with those champs i feel your better of avoiding early confrontation most of the time
Level 1 jayce is a nightmare.

Lizto

07-10-2012

pre 6 jayce is a nightmare, he has a full kit at level 3... 6 skills, and he deals more damage for changing weapons, so its like 3.5 skills at level 3.

Anyway back to topic, I dont rush bottom, rushing the bottom bush is for people that have no idea of how logic works, logically, you want to get ahead, how do you do that? taking objectives so starting in the jungle is better, whether you will try to take a camp or try to ambush them. When the game start, dont say anything just ping the jungle early and head there, people will follow. Sometimes they will decide to go bottom alone, well dont worry about it, you now know your teammates are ******* and you cant get your hopes up about that game.

CawkBeefSandwich

07-11-2012

I have a specific method to 3's (Usually only works with AD's, this doesn't apply to Annie as much).

Initially I will be in top lane and ride the first minion wave to the center of the lane. If the enemy Champion is there, I will immediately flash into them, cast ignite, and go for a kill. 90% of the time this works. If it doesn't, they at least have to B and I'm able to out level them and gain a significant advantage. At any rate, I either get kills or I don't, but after I rarely will push a turret (because at low levels this is just a bad idea). After hitting level 10 or so, I'll go grab red, then back up to top to grab all 4 camps + solo dragon. (I've successfully done this with Olaf, Darius, Yi, and Jayce). By about this time I'm level 11-13 and usually have outleveled the entire enemy team by about 2-3 levels. Then I'll head down to bottom lane and start pushing that out with team fights or minions to take the tower. Depending on how well organized the team is, I will return to the jungle for more gold/XP (most often since no one on my team ever does this, nor the enemy team. I don't know why).

Anyway this is a full session. I'd say about half my matches end in enemy team surrender at 15 minutes because of how many kills I grab from Top lane or either grab/assist from bottom lane. I don't know what the level 30 bracket is like, but whatever people are using as the current "meta" or whatever just doesn't sit right with me. At least in the 20's bracket.

I feel like greater team communication is a must. I don't like being **** on for refusing to take part in the bottom lane gank, and I don't like being **** on for my round of jungling or my lack of a desire to leave my lane to gank bottom before getting my ult (on any character).

Realyst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CawkBeefSandwich View Post
I have a specific method to 3's (Usually only works with AD's, this doesn't apply to Annie as much).

Initially I will be in top lane and ride the first minion wave to the center of the lane. If the enemy Champion is there, I will immediately flash into them, cast ignite, and go for a kill. 90% of the time this works. If it doesn't, they at least have to B and I'm able to out level them and gain a significant advantage. At any rate, I either get kills or I don't, but after I rarely will push a turret (because at low levels this is just a bad idea). After hitting level 10 or so, I'll go grab red, then back up to top to grab all 4 camps + solo dragon. (I've successfully done this with Olaf, Darius, Yi, and Jayce). By about this time I'm level 11-13 and usually have outleveled the entire enemy team by about 2-3 levels. Then I'll head down to bottom lane and start pushing that out with team fights or minions to take the tower. Depending on how well organized the team is, I will return to the jungle for more gold/XP (most often since no one on my team ever does this, nor the enemy team. I don't know why).

Anyway this is a full session. I'd say about half my matches end in enemy team surrender at 15 minutes because of how many kills I grab from Top lane or either grab/assist from bottom lane. I don't know what the level 30 bracket is like, but whatever people are using as the current "meta" or whatever just doesn't sit right with me. At least in the 20's bracket.

I feel like greater team communication is a must. I don't like being **** on for refusing to take part in the bottom lane gank, and I don't like being **** on for my round of jungling or my lack of a desire to leave my lane to gank bottom before getting my ult (on any character).
Why would you waste Flash on a 100% hp champion, while eating full minion damage. In what scenario is this ever, ever a good idea (unless you're someone like Darius vs an Ashe). I can imagine you trying that on most bruisers and giving up first blood immediately, assuming your ELO is over 1100.

BliNXzRn

07-14-2012

I rush bottom, but you only do it if you have someone decently tanky and a good CC.

For example, if you're playing with a Singed or a Sion you can do it, because Sion has a stun and Singed's toss ends in a kill almost every time. in the beginning. I can't count how many times I've just flung somebody into my team and then ghosted away while getting focused.

Redjik

07-15-2012

I only toy with the bushes at start if I got an Urgot who wants to spam Q.

And then I yell at the Urgot for not picking **** boots.

Uncle Jellyfish

07-15-2012

I don't rush bottom lane, either. We go to our jungle help the top laner grab the camp before retreating out of exp range so they start a level ahead of the enemy top laner, unless the enemy team did the same. It also gives us a bush advantage if the enemy team tries to gank us while we're waiting for the camp, since we can see them before they see us.

PrometheanRage

07-15-2012

i refuse to rush bottom lane. 9 times out of 10 results in a wipe for my team. gg at that point....