Need help - Physical Katarina Items

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TamaMoNoMaE

11-06-2009

I`ve pretty much decided on how I would go with my skills and runes, so don`t need help there.

but, still very much undecided in items, so want ur advice.

I`ve thought about going

01. 275G health regen bead
02. boots of swiftness
03. Kage`s lucky pick
04. Kage`s lucky pick 2
05. Kage`s lucky pick 3
06. Kage`s lucky pick 4
07. (Sell 01 then buy) B.F.Sword
08. combine to get Infinity edge
09. Sell Kage`s No4 then buy Frost Mallet
10. Sell Kage`s No3 then buy B.F.Sword
11. combine to get Bloodthirstier
12. Sell Kage`s No2 then buy B.F.Sword
13. comebine to get The Black Cleaver

something along this line...

what do u suggest?

thx 4 any opinion, but those sayin AP katarina is much better.

thx again

Fr05tbite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2009

Hi there,

I play Physical Kat as my main character. I'm a little confused as to why you buy 4 Lucky Picks if you want to build a Physical DPS Kat? The only reason I can think of is that it gives a bit of early punch to your Shunpo and obviously some gold. But I cannot say its a horrible idea until I try it, but it definitely seems counter productive if you want to end up doing DPS.

I usually start with either Dorans Shield for the Health, Armor and Health Regen and a Health pot. Or sometimes I go for Heart of Gold and buy the Health Gem first. I end up going like this:

>Dorans Shield and Pot /or Heart of Gold
>Vampiric Scepter (you can stay in lane even longer)
>Berserker or Tabi Boots (Depends on circumstance)
>B.F. Sword
>B.F. Sword
>Finish Bloodthirster
>B.F. Sword
>DPS weapon of choice
>Banshees Veil or other

Basically The quicker you get your first B.F. Sword the quicker your Ulti owns people. Then I usually will buy a second B.F. Sword before I finish an actual DPS item because the pure +50 damage is more important for her ult than anything else. It should get you ahead in kills and therefore give you tons of gold to spend also. Its exponential really.

Anyways Im still tinkering with the Physical build but it can lead to something like the Screenshot below. You gotta stay ahead of all your enemies with your DPS because Kat stays rather squishy and when the other team all hit level 18 it can be difficult to escape team fights alive. Most of the deaths I got in the Screenshot came because the game went so long and they started to focus me at the end. Anyways Im interested to hear what other people think also.

dreamenddischarger

11-06-2009

41-14.

Jesus christ you're bad

Fr05tbite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2009

Oh Hai Troll.

dreamenddischarger

11-06-2009

How do you die 14 times in a game?

****ing terrible

Fr05tbite

11-06-2009

lol why do you bother trying to Troll when you fail so hard at it?

Fr05tbite

11-06-2009

lol englais?

dreamenddischarger

11-06-2009

fixed your ****ty score bro

Fr05tbite

11-06-2009

My freakin hero. So sorry I died a few more times than you. All Hail. ******.

smokeD

11-06-2009

Ignore them instead of responding Frostbite. With Kat I usually go. Regrowth Pendant -> Regrowth Pendant -> Berserker Greaves -> Magic Resistance -> Force Of Nature -> Butterfly Sword -> Bloodthirster -> Sunfire Cape -> Black Cleaver -> More Butterflies lol. Basically than you kill many creeps with bloodthirster and get all max Attack Dmg + Lifesteal, than you go aid teammates and steal all their kills . Throw Daggesr, Shunpo, Ult if neccesary. You might wannt to fiill in with Frozen Mallet and other slow items so that when you throw your daggers they are slowed than your shunpo slows, than Ult Pwns. Kat is wide open though when using ult try not to use it alone. And remember to Shunpo away from enemies if needed to by targeting team members.