Art Contest for Free RP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aleecasan

09-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePinkBrigadier View Post
Wait didn't I put up your work a few posts back?
...no

Pink Moon Bunny

09-08-2012

Well before anyone else gets angry I better put up the mini champions Kino4500 did.
Ahri
Ashe
Ezreal
Twisted Fate
Veigar

ValeSora

09-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
... I'm sorry, but I'm disappointed. =p Not to discredit Sora, his artwork is beautiful... but if a nice picture of an arbitrary champion (without real backgrounds) is considered more thoughtful or having put more effort in compared to those that tried to hit your preferred champions/themes,you probably shouldn't have bothered listing preferred champions and themes in the first place.

Part of me wants to know why you held this contest. Were you simply looking for pretty LoL artwork? Or were you hoping for cute/funny stuff? I kinda assumed the latter, but maybe that was wrong of me. Well, whatever the reason.. did you get it? Does your judging panel know your themes and whatnot? ;p

Of course, you did say that the preferred champions/themes weren't necessary, but just how irrelevant were they if coming up with something that includes several of them (or in my case, like thirteen =P) doesn't win?... I'm not saying that mine should win based on quantity, but I would've expected the first place to include at least a couple.

I know I really shouldn't be biting at the hand that may feed me, but eh, at this point I'm mostly curious as to what the entries are being graded on. If my entry was going to be second or third, I sure shouldn't complain since it's about as good as first here... But bleh, I'm pretty sure most people that entered something that you might hopefully like because it's cute or contains your favourite champions aren't happy to be beaten by someone who didn't aim for any of your 'criteria' or rather, 'suggestions'.

Ah well. I enjoyed participating in this anyway and I'm still very happy with my entry, Which looks like the following...
Though it makes the most sense if you're familiar with the main character of the comic. Or well, the main thing you need to know is that the first lines in panels 2, 3, and 4 are actual in-game quotes said by her.

EDIT: Oh hey, you updated your post. Thanks!

Im really sorry you feel this way. I was really happy when I first saw I won, but now I feel kind of bad.. If it means anything, I really did try hard on my piece, and l struggled to complete it (despite its simplicity).

An another note, I really admire everyone who participated in this contest, its so great to see fellow summoners who also enjoy art! This place has an awesome community! :) Congrats to all the winners.

Shaiandra

09-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValeSora View Post
Im really sorry you feel this way. I was really happy when I first saw I won, but now I feel kind of bad.. If it means anything, I really did try hard on my piece, and l struggled to complete it (despite its simplicity).

An another note, I really admire everyone who participated in this contest, its so great to see fellow summoners who also enjoy art! This place has an awesome community! Congrats to all the winners.
Ack, please don't feel bad, that wasn't my intention! Your art's great and I know you put effort into it. I was just curious as to how things were graded..

But in a way, I kinda have no reason to complain about anything now... ;p

ZerosFangs

09-09-2012

Wow, I won something.
That was unexpected.

Pink Moon Bunny

09-10-2012

Okay you three don't post on the thread anymore. I'll contact you all via email when I have the RP for you.

vasyboi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2012

ZerosFangs is wondering about updates regarding the actual RP cards.

Pink Moon Bunny

09-14-2012

Tomorrow, I was pretty busy this week so I have to get it on the weekend. so many projects.

Master Shue

10-01-2012

umm... is the contest over?

Shaiandra

10-01-2012

Yes, the contest is completely over... Entry deadline was back on August 31st, and the winners have been announced and rewarded since..