[Discussion Guide] Annie

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NaiteW

11-05-2009

Evening Folks;

I found another build for this character to share it with those of you who play this character.

So far the recommended build is:

Meki Pendant
+7 Mana Regen per 5 sec

Sorcerer's Shoes
+33 Ability Power Unique Passive: Enhanced Movement 2

Fiendish Codex
+30 Ability Power +7 Mana regen per 5 sec Passive: Reduces Ability cooldown by 10%

Archangels's Staff
+400 Mana +25 Mana Regen per 5 sec + 45 Ability power Passive: 2% of your max mana is converted to AP. Passive. (I havent got a chance to try this item yet)

Zhonya's Ring
+500 mana + 100 ability power, Passive. 25% ability power increase (I havent got a chance to try this one either)

----------

At first I was using this build but further on:

Philospher's Stone (follows up on Meki Pendant):
+22.5 Health Regen per 5 sec + 10 mana regen per 5 sec Passive. You get 5 gold every 10 sec.

Mercury's Treads (follows up on Boots of Speed):
+35 Magic Resist Passive: Enhance movement 2 reduses the duration of movement inhibiting

Stark's Fervor:
+20 Attack speed Aura: Gives nearby allied champ 20% lifesteal. 25% attack speed. and 30 health per 5 sec regen. reduses nearby enemy's armor by 25. (good for Assist and attack speed or you can just use Emblem of Valour for +17% life steal.)

Sheen:
+250 mana +25 ability passive: 100% chance when an ability is used that your next physical attack deals 100% extra base damage. 3sec cooldown. ( Or you can save for Trinity force)

Cloth Armor or Guardian Angel (though I use this rarely)

If anyone of you love playing this character, and use custom builds instead of recommended ones, discuss.

tehmonk

11-05-2009

there is no hp in your build, making you an easy target. also i see no need to go for gold items such as philo stones seeing as annie is designed to be able to farm easily.

there is also absolutely no reason you should have a stark's on annie given that her physical damage output is garbage and her attack speed is terrible. same goes for sheen. you could make the argument that stark's helps the team out, but leave it to a melee who can fully utilize it to buy it for the team if so needed. trinity force is also designed for physical damage characters so i see no need to go for it at all on annie. also codex by itself is a mediocre item. i do see a need for cd reduction on annie so i like to upgrade it to a nashor's tooth over getting a frozen heart for the ap boost and mana regen. also zhonya's ring is probably one of the best ap items in the game, but it's rather expensive and it's only really the most effective towards the end of a game. i do agree with getting an archangel's at some point, but tear of the goddess is a pretty good interim item while you're building up your ap. the upgrade cost is just way too high to justify buying it anywhere before mid-game.

to replace philo stone i recommend building a rod of ages, rushing a catalyst the protector early. catalyst is way underrated as is rod by most noobs. the heal at level-up gives you the ability to stay in your lane for longer stretches on top of the 450/325 hp/mana it gives you, which builds up with rod later on. i'd actually hold on to catalyst until later in the game to build it into a rod. also there's nothing wrong with building more than one rod.. it's expensive but if you can farm it with enough time on the clock to make it worthwhile, i'd definitely go for it.

mejaj's soulstealer is the best ap item in the game for the money. +70ap by itself and up to +140 total with a few kills.

Anniie

11-06-2009

Definitely agree about the rods, but I don't know about the soul stealer. It seems like a waste on casters with half AP scaling, and apparently they are nerfing soulstealer soon. I would just get another rod, or rylais, or a guardian angel, or something that hoses the other team.

NaiteW

11-07-2009

Ok I tried it in last match? I really have to work my way to gain gold for it. And i got it when every opponent was in our base. =\

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2009

You mean Rod of ages?

I recommend getting the crystal that you used to make Catalyst the Protector along with a few potions. You should be able to get one (I think the HP one costs 400?) along with 1 HP and 1 mana pot, (30+45). Don't try to save that extra 75 toward the next item just yet. This will help you with that initial farming bout a lot, which allows you to finish up Catalyst much faster. From then on, abuse your extra HP and mana to farm like mad.

ps. Mana pot is 200mana/20sec. This works out to 50mana/5sec--by far the greatest mana return in this game. You need 2 Archangel's Staff to match that regen power. Don't bother getting things like Meki Pendant or Fairy Charm unless you're building them into a different item. Their mana gain is ridiculously low.

Desert WoIf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2009

I only use Annie and I agree with what tehmonk said. When I play I try to build a "Tank" annie if you can call her that lol. I get health regen pendant at the start because it helps me stay in a lane for long periods of time. I then get the +3 speed movement boots, helps with chasing kills and running away since annie only has her shield to protect her when her stun isn't procced. I then get the tanking staff the one that has +health and slows on ability move. Then I get warmog's armor. I've reached 5k health in some games. Annie has enough initial dps to still do fine without too many +ability for me anyways.

Frugqles

11-09-2009

Start with Meki. Turn it into a chalice right when you get 500g, or... if you are doing well wait for 860 to return to town and pickup the boots with chalice. After you get either Mercury Boots or Sorc shoes, I prefer Merc, go to Soulstealer. Then a Rod of Ages. Then Rylais. Your last item... if the game lasts this long, is completely situational to the other team and what you need.

You have a ton of hp, and a ton of AP. Triple kills with this build is easy if you know how to play. The only downside is that you rely on golem buff pretty heavily, but in solo queues getting golem buff is pretty easy.

anata ga mori

11-09-2009

The only benefit to Stark's is that your bear would be using the buffs, but that doesn't justify dumping the gold there. Trinity force is for attackers. Sheen is good for mages, though; I agree with you there.

Frozen heart is best for caster CD reduction, as it also helps you live longer in late game (which is where you'll most likely be by the time you have it.)

tehmonk

11-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteamRoller View Post
Start with Meki. Turn it into a chalice right when you get 500g, or... if you are doing well wait for 860 to return to town and pickup the boots with chalice. After you get either Mercury Boots or Sorc shoes, I prefer Merc, go to Soulstealer. Then a Rod of Ages. Then Rylais. Your last item... if the game lasts this long, is completely situational to the other team and what you need.

You have a ton of hp, and a ton of AP. Triple kills with this build is easy if you know how to play. The only downside is that you rely on golem buff pretty heavily, but in solo queues getting golem buff is pretty easy.
if you're going chalice on annie, you not playing her right. chalice gets dumped in the end-game, catalyst is a better choice given a larger mana pool and mana+heal on level up and upgradeability into either rod of ages/innervating locket/banshee's veil. chalice imo is strictly for heroes that have channeling spells or other spells burn their mana quickly (ie amumu's despair, lich's persistent aoe, or anivia's storm, sivir's ricochet). annie does not have that problem given that her initial mana costs are very low, and farming correctly nets you a mana loss of zero.

Quote:
Frozen heart is best for caster CD reduction, as it also helps you live longer in late game (which is where you'll most likely be by the time you have it.)
i personally don't like frozen heart over nashors because it offers only the benefit of armor/mana over nashor's tooth's mana regen/ap. the aoe debuff is ~ok, nothing special but of course it's pretty situational especially if you have a lot of melee heavy hitters like yi or jax on the other team. but in almost any situation i'd suggest nashor's tooth over frozen heart especially if you've gone with rod of ages, you won't have many problems with survivability and mana pool.

Mr Tibbers

11-09-2009

I normally go with:

Rod of Ages
Sorc Boots/Boots of Mobility (the +5 ones)
Rod of Ages
Archangel's
Zhonya's

I doubt you'll even make it to Archangel's, but this is how I always go. Plenty of health and AP, the way I like my Annie.