For the last time, Kayle is not UP!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kwjnfkjsdg

01-30-2011

I main Kayle, and it gets tiring when people get all whiney when I pick Kayle.

i don't get it?
-she's an extremely strong laner...her Q nukes for fair damage, slows, and has a relatively long range to boot, making her a good harasser. she also zones well, since her heal makes her oblivious to any counter-harass.
-late late game, she's a carry of all carries. she simply a beast with two hextech gunblades, as no one else makes better use of the lifesteal/spell vamp combo. think of her as a lifesteal Yi with undying rage.
-unlike other carries, her passive allows her to become real powerful real fast, meaning she's starting to do a ton of damage mid-game.

so tell me, what's wrong with her?

Cenerae

01-30-2011

She's actually a very weak laner. Not to say that she's a bad champion - most people underestimate what she can do. But to claim her early game is strong is...well...wrong. Kayle sucks until she gets her items, but has just enough lanestaying power to not get elbowed aside.

PriorityOne

01-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwjnfkjsdg View Post
so tell me, what's wrong with her?
I like Kayle a lot, but she doesn't have a linear power growth.

She starts out pretty well and by well I don't mean she's the greatest laner around but she has a lot of favorable matchup especially if you max her E to get its cooldown low.

That said, she has this icky stage in the game IMO. After level 6 when everyone is building their next item(s) after boots, she starts going downhill. Everyone is going up in power but Kayle really isn't getting anywhere very fast. This is also the ganking phase where Kayle is most vulnerable.

If you survive the ganking phase with a few thousand gold in your pocket, then (DPS) Kayle goes into boss mode and becomes really scary. You push E and then just melt enemy carries. It's just getting there that is challenging and that's where I think a lot of people get stuck.

GoliathZ

01-31-2011

I agree.Kayle is anything but weak or underpowered.
I play her alot and i just love her playing style. I win like 75% of the time when playing her.And alot of that is due to my pretty darn decent damage output i yield mid to late.

Her early game isn't ape **** awesome but it's anything but weak.
What i usually do in a hard lane is focus on taking Reckoning so i get some threatning power,divine blessing lvl 1 for the move speed and the heal (which isn't much,but the mana cost is pretty ok with a doran's ring) and Righteous Fury as much as possible.

I do just fine with that.

Gunflame

01-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriorityOne View Post
I like Kayle a lot, but she doesn't have a linear power growth.

She starts out pretty well and by well I don't mean she's the greatest laner around but she has a lot of favorable matchup especially if you max her E to get its cooldown low.

That said, she has this icky stage in the game IMO. After level 6 when everyone is building their next item(s) after boots, she starts going downhill. Everyone is going up in power but Kayle really isn't getting anywhere very fast. This is also the ganking phase where Kayle is most vulnerable.

If you survive the ganking phase with a few thousand gold in your pocket, then (DPS) Kayle goes into boss mode and becomes really scary. You push E and then just melt enemy carries. It's just getting there that is challenging and that's where I think a lot of people get stuck.
Actually she is weak damage wise but she can lane like a boss. Especially in mid.

Let the enemy push, activate E and AoE kill as many as you can. Heal as needed with W.

If you give her a solo lane should should be fine. After 2 items she gets a HUGE damage boost... HUGE. The 3rd item is just icing on the cake.

StrongGuy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2011

shes a pretty awesome pusher with an AS/CD and some mana regen build, has pretty much a spammable righteous fury

Tokinatoor

01-31-2011

She needs an early game buff.....

gdurant

01-31-2011

I've seen a couple scary Kayle's lately.
I wish I could remember what they were packing.

illya244God

01-31-2011

If you main kayle i dont see why you wont just say shes UP. whats the worst that can happen she gets a buff and your main is only stronger......

CrimsonRipper

01-31-2011

Kayle with Gunblade, Nashor's, and Rageblade makes for a strong pseudo-carry.

What she doesn't have is the fact that you need gold and a good amount to get those items. She can't farm effectively enough early game, because she can only play ranged for a few seconds, then it can end up to an embarrasing walk up to melee range if you misclick.