Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

In game whisper or private chat to teammate?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pokes420

09-03-2010

I wasn't sure where to put this - i hope this is the appropriate area. ANyhow i am writing to ask if there is any way one can whisper or privately send a message to one person on the team rather than broadcast across teamchat (while in game). I tried the stanrdard /w xxxx that seems to work for most mmo and online rts type games but it gave me a message about chat being disabled or some such. Any info around that i have perhaps missed?

Bettysmith

09-04-2010

You used to be able to type /w [name] [message]. Got taken out though, and I don't know if I ever recall hearing why.

DarkBox

Recruiter

09-04-2010

They should bring this back. I miss being able to talk to my friends while they're in game.

TheFrayster

09-05-2010

I can't believe that they don't have this anymore. It makes no sense that it was disabled/removed/broken. Why does it not work anymore?

Max111111

04-06-2011

type /msg username message
or if someone you just talked to from private chat talks back to you
type /r for a quick reply

here is an example

/msg Captianwrinkle HELLO!
Pim$taradox Hey, hows it going?
/r Good, and yourself?

Ellye

04-07-2011

This is a 2010 thread. The /w [name] [message] command is currently working.